Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Panthers_Lover

Obama to host first presidential sedar

171 posts in this topic

You guys love it and you know it. :P

This word..... i do not think it means what you think it means.

What do you think I mean?

Obama said in Dreams From My Father that the well-known Marxist, Frank Marshall Davis was a “decisive influence” on him.

Here is a link to an article that talks about it. http://www.aim.org/aim-column/obamas-communist-mentor/

fug yeah!

Yeah. Going to church almost derailed his ambitions. But it got him elected in Chicago, didn't it?

I'm completely okay with politicians lying about their piousness and then completely abandoning it when they get in office.

In fact, I support it.

I'm completely okay with politicians lying about their piousness and then completely abandoning it when they get in office.

In fact, I support it.

I'd prefer honesty myself.

If you're Jewish, that's fine. I trust a Jewish person without reservation. I don't trust a Jewish person who claims he's Christian to get elected. Especially when that person is taxing us into the Stone Age.

A politician is kind of like the dude that goes to a nightclub with a sock stuffed down the front of his pants to pull teh ladies. Eventually, she is going to find out it's a sock.

I guess my real point is that whether Obama is a Christian (which he professes to be) or not, he should honor Christians' observance of Easter as much as he honors Jews' observance of Passover.

If you're Jewish, that's fine. I trust a Jewish person without reservation. I don't trust a Jewish person who claims he's Christian to get elected. Especially when that person is taxing us into the Stone Age.

If honesty was the main thing with politicians we wouldn't have a government. All your stuff about how you don't trust Obama stems back to the notion that Bush was elected because people felt like they could sit down and have a drink with him - which is retarded. Now I'm not saying you don't have legit reasons not to trust Obama, I just think using your distrust of him to oppose what he does is a fallacy.

What do you think I mean?

Obama said in Dreams From My Father that the well-known Marxist, Frank Marshall Davis was a “decisive influence” on him.

Here is a link to an article that talks about it. http://www.aim.org/aim-column/obamas-communist-mentor/

so he was friends with a marxist. i know some marxists as well, some have been good friends and have certainly influenced me, doesn't mean i agree with them, doesn't mean I'm a marxist. People are more than their politics. I don't understand your point.

Well yeah, but we both know that if someone was openly atheist/agnostic and tried to run for public office, they'd never make it.

So to me, it's no different than the people who go to church for the social visibility and then live in sin for the other 6.5 days of the week.

As I said, I really don't give a poo if he's going to church or not. That time could be used much more wisely.