• Please log in to reply
170 replies to this topic

#31 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 03:56 PM

If honesty was the main thing with politicians we wouldn't have a government. All your stuff about how you don't trust Obama stems back to the notion that Bush was elected because people felt like they could sit down and have a drink with him - which is retarded. Now I'm not saying you don't have legit reasons not to trust Obama, I just think using your distrust of him to oppose what he does is a fallacy.

I can't speak about why Bush got elected because honestly, I would have voted for Gore in 2000. I thought Bush was a boob and wasn't on his side until 9/11. Then Michael Moore and Natalie Maines or whatever her name is made me feel like I needed to stand with Bush more than ever. But there towards the end it pained me to see people compare him to McCain. McCain is about as honest a politician as you're gonna find.

#32 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 03:57 PM

I guess my real point is that whether Obama is a Christian (which he professes to be) or not, he should honor Christians' observance of Easter as much as he honors Jews' observance of Passover.

“The traditional White House Easter Egg Roll this year is planned to be the largest ever, with tens of thousands of visitors expected. Tickets will be distributed online for the first time, making it easier for families to plan and, Rogers hopes, allowing more people to attend from outside the Washington area.”

http://www.politico....laybook617.html

there ya go, they did this just for you, happy?

#33 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• HUDDLER
  • 10,495 posts

Then Michael Moore and Natalie Maines or whatever her name is made me feel like I needed to stand with Bush more than ever.

I commend your ability to be completely candid about your irrationality.

#34 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Well yeah, but we both know that if someone was openly atheist/agnostic and tried to run for public office, they'd never make it.

So to me, it's no different than the people who go to church for the social visibility and then live in sin for the other 6.5 days of the week.

As I said, I really don't give a poo if he's going to church or not. That time could be used much more wisely.

I would respect "I'm a very private man when it comes to what I believe in." Just don't lie.

#35 Panthers_Lover

Panthers_Lover

• HUDDLER
  • 4,045 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 08 April 2009 - 03:58 PM

“The traditional White House Easter Egg Roll this year is planned to be the largest ever, with tens of thousands of visitors expected. Tickets will be distributed online for the first time, making it easier for families to plan and, Rogers hopes, allowing more people to attend from outside the Washington area.”

http://www.politico....laybook617.html

there ya go, they did this just for you, happy?

An Easter Egg Roll is not a Christian observance per se. It's very secular, or haven't you noticed?

#36 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 03:58 PM

I can't speak about why Bush got elected because honestly, I would have voted for Gore in 2000. I thought Bush was a boob and wasn't on his side until 9/11. Then Michael Moore and Natalie Maines or whatever her name is made me feel like I needed to stand with Bush more than ever. But there towards the end it pained me to see people compare him to McCain. McCain is about as honest a politician as you're gonna find.

yea, you shouldn't listen to michael moore, he doesn't know what he's talking about.

#37 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 04:10 PM

An Easter Egg Roll is not a Christian observance per se. It's very secular, or haven't you noticed?

what would you prefer? Him to give a sermon? It's not my fault that christian holidays have turned into secular "spoil your child" days. The high majority of christians celebrate easter by buying a bunch of crappy chocolate and searching for easter eggs, if you don't like that you should take it up with the churches, or your fellow christians. An easter egg hunt is the most meaningful tradition that exists for easter right now, perhaps that is what should be addressed.

#38 Fireball77

Fireball77

• HUDDLER
  • 3,398 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 04:32 PM

A politician is kind of like the dude that goes to a nightclub with a sock stuffed down the front of his pants to pull teh ladies. Eventually, she is going to find out it's a sock.

Oh MAN! That explains what happened to Plaxico. He grabbed the GLOCK instead of the SOCK!

#39 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,515 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 04:40 PM

I would respect "I'm a very private man when it comes to what I believe in." Just don't lie.

And don't get elected.

Sorry, but America's ready for a black President, but not one that doesn't actively love Jesus.

#40 Jangler

Jangler

Its gonna be just like they say, them voices tell me so

• HUDDLER
  • 46,990 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 04:43 PM

I could take some shots at the previous president, but it seems like he is out of bounds now...

#41 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,515 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 04:45 PM

George was a straight forward, honest hard working man just like you and I.

He just happened to be the only rancher in Texas stupid enough to try and clear brush in August.

#42 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 04:49 PM

And don't get elected.

Sorry, but America's ready for a black President, but not one that doesn't actively love Jesus.

Agreed. But how can you complain when they find out you don't? You lied to get the job.

#43 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,515 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 05:02 PM

Agreed. But how can you complain when they find out you don't? You lied to get the job.

As did 43 guys before him.

#44 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,465 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 05:55 PM

What do you think I mean?

Obama said in Dreams From My Father that the well-known Marxist, Frank Marshall Davis was a “decisive influence” on him.

carl sagan was a decisive influence on me.

call me a scientist from now on?

#45 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 06:06 PM

Carl Sagan was gay? God DAMN it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.