Photo
- - - - -

Obama to host first presidential sedar

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
170 replies to this topic

#37 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 08 April 2009 - 04:10 PM

An Easter Egg Roll is not a Christian observance per se. It's very secular, or haven't you noticed?

what would you prefer? Him to give a sermon? It's not my fault that christian holidays have turned into secular "spoil your child" days. The high majority of christians celebrate easter by buying a bunch of crappy chocolate and searching for easter eggs, if you don't like that you should take it up with the churches, or your fellow christians. An easter egg hunt is the most meaningful tradition that exists for easter right now, perhaps that is what should be addressed.

#38 Fireball77

Fireball77

HUDDLER

Posted 08 April 2009 - 04:32 PM

A politician is kind of like the dude that goes to a nightclub with a sock stuffed down the front of his pants to pull teh ladies. Eventually, she is going to find out it's a sock.

Oh MAN! That explains what happened to Plaxico. He grabbed the GLOCK instead of the SOCK!

#39 Delhommey

Delhommey

Moderators

Posted 08 April 2009 - 04:40 PM

I would respect "I'm a very private man when it comes to what I believe in." Just don't lie.

And don't get elected.

Sorry, but America's ready for a black President, but not one that doesn't actively love Jesus.

#40 Jangler

Jangler

oddly perched

HUDDLER

Posted 08 April 2009 - 04:43 PM

I could take some shots at the previous president, but it seems like he is out of bounds now...

#41 Delhommey

Delhommey

Moderators

Posted 08 April 2009 - 04:45 PM

George was a straight forward, honest hard working man just like you and I.

He just happened to be the only rancher in Texas stupid enough to try and clear brush in August.

#42 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

HUDDLER

Posted 08 April 2009 - 04:49 PM

And don't get elected.

Sorry, but America's ready for a black President, but not one that doesn't actively love Jesus.

Agreed. But how can you complain when they find out you don't? You lied to get the job.

#43 Delhommey

Delhommey

Moderators

Posted 08 April 2009 - 05:02 PM

Agreed. But how can you complain when they find out you don't? You lied to get the job.

As did 43 guys before him.

#44 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

HUDDLER

Posted 08 April 2009 - 05:55 PM

What do you think I mean?

Obama said in Dreams From My Father that the well-known Marxist, Frank Marshall Davis was a “decisive influence” on him.

carl sagan was a decisive influence on me.

call me a scientist from now on?

#45 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

HUDDLER

Posted 08 April 2009 - 06:06 PM

Carl Sagan was gay? God DAMN it.

#46 Panthers_Lover

Panthers_Lover

HUDDLER

Posted 09 April 2009 - 09:27 AM

what would you prefer? Him to give a sermon? It's not my fault that christian holidays have turned into secular "spoil your child" days. The high majority of christians celebrate easter by buying a bunch of crappy chocolate and searching for easter eggs, if you don't like that you should take it up with the churches, or your fellow christians. An easter egg hunt is the most meaningful tradition that exists for easter right now, perhaps that is what should be addressed.

You really, really hate Christians, don't you? (BTW, never said anything for your "fault.")

I dispute your contention that "the high majority" of Christians celebrate Easter only in that way. Yes, egg hunts and Easter baskets filled with candy generally are part of it, but there are many, many Christians who don't do those things because they want the religious meaning of Easter to be the most important thing.

Not asking Obama to preach at all, or to even host a sermon. I just wondered why a self-professed Christian president would honor Muslims, as he did last week, and honor Jews, as he is doing tonight during this meaningful season for them, yet ignore the Christians in this country.

Also, BTW -- can't tell you the last time I went to church, unless it was for a funeral or a wedding.

#47 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

SUPPORTER

Posted 09 April 2009 - 09:30 AM

mmmbeans, which do you hate worse:

A. Christians
B. America
C. Brussels Sprouts

#48 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football