Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tiger7_88

Nolan Nawrocki has a chance to man-up and admit he was wrong

64 posts in this topic

As if these are the only throws Cam can make. 4,000 yards worth of laterals, screens, and swing passes.

He cherry-picked one game where Cam only attempted 17 throws because we were already destroying the Bucs.

Nolan Nawrocki is a coward and a worthless excuse of a football analyst. He does no analysis other than piecing together a bunch of quotes from others and passing it off as "in-depth" assessment.

I'm about to rip him a new asshole. . .

I thought it was a pretty good read.

did you not read the crap he said about newton before the draft?

much worse than peter king or anyone, really.

did you not read the crap he said about newton before the draft?

much worse than peter king or anyone, really.

Sorry but no i didn't. I think Cam took a lot of people by surprise but thats no need to rip someone apart over something so small.

Overall it was a positive article, and I agree that our offense is more than Cam and a lot of that has to do with some of the dudes he mentioned, but he really seemed to go out of his way not to say how good Cam has been at times.

LOL, come on Nolan... it's okay to admit your "analysis" was totally wrong.

He talks about how talented Cam is and then suggests he could be another Derek Anderson hiding behind Chud's playcalling genius.

He also talks about how Cam benefits from the best backfield in football while ignoring the fact that our running game didn't get going until just recently and Cam was able to more then compensate for that with his arm.

Any GM who took Cam off his board should be fired... with the talent he flashed in college are you telling me you wouldn't have taken him if he slipped to the 2nd or 3rd round even if you had some reservations or doubts?

I'm asking myself why I would even bother to hear what Nolan has to say about Cam at this point... it's all just damage control for totally crapping down his leg in his pre-draft analysis. For the rest of his career, Nolan will be looking for ways to justify being totally wrong about Cam by referencing these "league sources" to back him up.

1 person likes this

Sorry but no i didn't. I think Cam took a lot of people by surprise but thats no need to rip someone apart over something so small.
Per Noland: "Negatives: Played in a simplified, run-first, dive-option read offense with very basic high-low reads. Worked exclusively out of the gun and was very quick to run at the first flash of coverage. Limited field vision — does not process the passing game. Inconsistent throwing mechanics with a flick delivery — generates all of his power from his upper-body strength and too often arms the ball. Streaky passer with spotty accuracy. Makes his receivers work hard and throws into coverage. Does not spin a tight spiral. Very disingenuous — has a fake smile, comes off as very scripted and has a selfish, me-first makeup. Always knows where the cameras are and plays to them. Has an enormous ego with a sense of entitlement that continually invites trouble and makes him believe he is above the law — does not command respect from teammates and always will struggle to win a locker room. Only a one-year producer. Lacks accountability, focus and trustworthiness — is not punctual, seeks shortcuts and sets a bad example. Immature and has had issues with authority. Not dependable."
consider yourself educated, then.

he never met the guy. never talked to him to form his own opinion. he went on the assumption he was a bad seed and sought out any opinion he could to support it and neglected to seek out or use the opinions of those who worked with him after leaving florida.

there is nothing at blinn or auburn that comes close to supporting what he said. it was a worthless and lazy effort at journalism and bordered on libel.

Wow, that breakdown was terrible. I thought Cam thru a pretty tight ball in college.

Please never post anything this guy writes again..

consider yourself educated, then.

he never met the guy. never talked to him to form his own opinion. he went on the assumption he was a bad seed and sought out any opinion he could to support it and neglected to seek out or use the opinions of those who worked with him after leaving florida.

there is nothing at blinn or auburn that comes close to supporting what he said. it was a worthless and lazy effort at journalism and bordered on libel.

Exactly, Nolan clearly had an agenda and found information from "sources" (which may or may not actually exist) to support his thesis that Cam was bad news. He sold lots of rags with his scathing comments about Cam so: mission accomplished.

Wow, that breakdown was terrible. I thought Cam thru a pretty tight ball in college.

the worst of it was the entirely subjective character stuff that if he had done his due diligence instead of talking out of his ass he would have found his opinion to be completely rubbish.

Exactly, Nolan clearly had an agenda and found information from "sources" (which may or may not actually exist) to support his thesis that Cam was bad news. He sold lots of rags with his scathing comments about Cam so: mission accomplished.
100% agreed.

i don't know or care if it was racially motivated. he was working from a very skewed perspective and found whatever he felt was necessary to support his bias.