Posted 10 April 2009 - 03:57 PM

fug that. I say 2-3 more years.

#3 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 04:04 PM

I say Americans stop feeling sorry for themselves (that goes for lefties and righties) and start coming up with ideas this spring. The two things Americans are best at....bitching, and then doing something about it.

#4 LiQuiD

LiQuiD

Plumb Crazy

• HUDDLER
  • 2,255 posts

Posted 11 April 2009 - 07:58 AM

I don't feel sorry for myself. I am doing everything in my power to keep my business making and spending money and I'm doing the same in my own personal life. And yes, I am damn good at bitching too :D

#5 engine9

engine9

shoota muhfukkaina minute

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 11 April 2009 - 09:51 PM

better do something fast, the playstation generation isn't exactly going to build roads to get us out of the depression this time.

#6 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 19,642 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 11 April 2009 - 10:18 PM

I got some friends who study this data all day everyday. They are making money but still not too optimistic.
I told them this today to mess with them. "There will be something that occurs within the next 9 months and it will be a variable you did NOT account for that will be a game changer."
One of them thought I was referring to The Black Swan. In a way yes but not from the book.
He then goes, we don't have to account for variables. We look at facts.
I told him, predict what I'm saying to see how good you are. He was ticked.
The other buddy thinks we are in a game changing mode already when it comes to the dollar.
I'm not so sure. Yeah, there is super sized collusion going on with most countries.
What is interesting/scary is more countries have more in common than they did in the past.
I do think if you can refi then please do it. If you have an ARM, for God sakes do it now.
I don't have a bead on the next 6 months though.
I think % rates sneak up in Sept. We did the treasuries just right for the US and for China. That was brilliant.
My spidey sense is foggy right now. Get back to ya.

#7 88 Bronco

88 Bronco

• HUDDLER
  • 5,901 posts

Posted 11 April 2009 - 10:19 PM

better do something fast, the playstation generation isn't exactly going to build roads to get us out of the depression this time.

What the i phone doesn't have an app for that?

#8 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 19,642 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 11 April 2009 - 10:23 PM

Its all about jobs jobs jobs. The faster we can trim down unemployment the faster we can get out of the "true" recession.
Not the technical one but the bricks and mortar's one.

#9 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 06:08 AM

That event that occurs in the next nine months is the Morris Day and the Time reunion tour, and it will save us all.

#10 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 07:28 AM

That event that occurs in the next nine months is the Morris Day and the Time reunion tour, and it will save us all.

Oh E oh E oh

#11 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 07:56 AM

As much as I don't believe the increased spending will do any good in the long term, I don't know how you judge this President and his Treasury secretary as this financial meltdown is unprecedented.

#12 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • 7,978 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 12:19 PM

fug that. I say 2-3 more years.

Why?

#13 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 01:26 PM

As much as I don't believe the increased spending will do any good in the long term, I don't know how you judge this President and his Treasury secretary as this financial meltdown is unprecedented.

Not really. Late 70s were just as bad. Unemployment was much worse.

#14 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 05:04 PM

Yeah, because increased spending did not help at all to get us out of the great depression.

#15 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,395 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 05:52 PM

Fwiw, I think the biggest difference the federal spending made was restoring confidence in some areas. Projects like TVA gave a lot of people jobs and helped to restore confidence. This time, the economy might begin to recover on its on even before the stimulus money comes into play.

As far as federal spending, seems the major thing that got us out of the great depression was spending on World War II. Some of it was US spending, but some was foreign government spending. The depression didn't really end until 1940 or so. The US was spending more, but the British were emptying their gold reserves buying US weapons, and the Russians were spending money as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.