Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zod

If you had to choose...

75 posts in this topic

Brees could win a Super Bowl so I'd take him. Newton is good but honestly the Panthers only beat poor teams this year (even the Texans lost to the worst team in the league after facing the Panthers).

Also Newton has blown many leads and has yet to show he can win competitive close games (playoffs, meaningful games to get into the playoffs). Not say he can't do these things, but I haven't seen him do it yet. If Kasay was still our FG kicker and some linebackers were healthy, we might have these answers by now.

Newton is an unknown and if I'm building a team I'm taking the sure thing in Brees.

Good answer to the question about who is the better quarterback right now and who would you want in 2011. But the question is who would be better to build a team around for the future. Brees is a lot less likely to be in the league in five years compared to Newton. Brees also has a lower ceiling. In a year or two Newton is likely to be able to do what Brees can do right now. There are things Newton can do right now that Brees will never be able to do.

Newton is hardly an unknown. He will have thrown for 4000 yards and has the rookie record for most passing yards held by Manning. At this point in his career he is ahead of any rookie quaarterback ever. I guess once a hater, always a hater.

Drew Brees- 32 Years old

Cam Newton 22 Years old

Considering this year's performance, age alone dictates you choose Cam...no contest.

Yes, it's a no brainer.

Then add on the contract Breesus will demand next year.

Benson's bunghole will be burning for years to come, with luck he'll feel this years "Peyton effect".

1 person likes this

Yes, it's a no brainer.

Benson's bunghole will be burning for years to come, with luck he'll feel this years "Peyton effect".

Forgot about this...What to do? That's gonna be one hell of a decision to make...

1 person likes this

Yes, it's a no brainer.

Note to the Panthers ownership: don't let Cam's contract end in his early 30's.

In 5 years Cam is going to own this league. I will take Cam.

Even if you are worried that Cam may not develop and has already peaked... 34 TDs a year will do.

Newton.

Brees has 3 years left.

Newton has 12.

Cam easy

I wouldnt say all that, we have seen Cam make "Breesus" type throws this year and who knows how much better he will be after he goes through the off season. Also, your forgetting about Cams ability to run too, at the end of the day there are somethings Cam can do that Brees cant that will make him even more elite. Brees didnt even start playing at this level until NO superbowl run anyway. Cam is already shown flashes next to Brees in his rookie season.

Not true at all. Even a couple years with the Chargers Brees was playing at an elite level, he just didn't get near as many attempts as he does now.

Cam, but if you closed the window to 3 years I'd say Brees. I think it's right past then where Cam will pull ahead, and they will be pretty close by then anyhow.

However I think next year and the year after, Brees will still be superior.

Both are good choices though, both bring very different things to an offense.

Can't really answer. Will have a better answer after seeing Cam play next year. I mean look at the jump from Blinn to Auburn and from Auburn to the NFL. Who knows what his true ceiling is? How will offseason work for him? Look at the actual play improvement over the course of the year? He might actually be better than Brees next year.

To everyone saying that your are crazy, imagine saying Cam was going to 1. Break rookie passing record, 2. Break touchdowns scored by rookie record, 3. Break total rushing QB's by a rookie before the season started. All the norms that we associate with development have been thrown out the window. I could not realistically answer this question until I see his play next year. If he experiences a sophomore slump then it's easier to project his development. But what if he puts up close to same yardage and touchdown numbers with less turnovers?