Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

If you had to choose...

75 posts in this topic

Posted

Newton and it's not even close. Scouts are already saying that we have the next "Air Jordan of Football" on our hands.

Posted

Newton is still mostly potential.

Brees has the resume' but his best years could be behind him starting as soon as next season.

Right now, Brees is the better passer, but Newton is bigger, taller, more athletic and a legit run threat.

If you're thinking long term, you have to take Newton. If it's "I wanna win a Super Bowl in the next few years" probably Brees, though that's not to say Newton couldn't win a Super Bowl soon. Brees just gives you better odds in the short term.

Loads of variables in this discussion.

Posted

Cam. Because he can pass and scramble which makes him more dynamic.

Posted

I think it's too simplistic a question without the addition of a timeframe.

Like many others I think if we're looking to build something for the next few years I think you have to take Brees b/c he is a proven elite commodity. If we're looking for anything any longer Newton is the obvious choice because he has seemingly unlimited potential and has proven that, at the very least, he can adapt to this game (or make the game adapt to him as it were).

Posted

False

It is not false that Brees in his prime has more turnovers than any QB over the past 2 seasons.

Brees is a GREAT QB.....crazy accurate (at times). Brees also is too aggressive, gambles, and also will make poor decisions.

His high turnover rate in recent history isn't a result of just balls bouncing off Wr hands as you are trying to imply

Posted

Right Answer : Matt Moore

Posted

Poll non-Saints/Panthers fans

Posted

It is not false that Brees in his prime has more turnovers than any QB over the past 2 seasons.

Brees is a GREAT QB.....crazy accurate (at times). Brees also is too aggressive, gambles, and also will make poor decisions.

His high turnover rate in recent history isn't a result of just balls bouncing off Wr hands as you are trying to imply

#1. I never implied it was balls bouncing off receivers hands, I just implied that it wasn't from being inaccurate. All QBs make bad decisions and all defenses make great plays. Without watching every snap, I'd say it's a mixture of being inaccurate at times, making bad decisions at times, defenders making great plays at times, and tipped balls/dropped balls at times.

#2. Eli Manning has more turnovers than Brees the last two years so in fact your statement and the previous statement is false.

Posted

Don't forget busted routes/miscommunication....it's not unusual for a QB to throw to a spot the receiver is supposed to run to and have the receiver be elsewhere. Sometimes that's on the WR and sometimes it's on the QB.

Posted

Forgot that one, thanks.

Posted

If Cam can continue to learn and study to where he can quickly read defences and get through his progressions he will be something else. If not he'll be a Kordell Stewart like player when his mobility declines.

Posted

I think you have to go Brees. He's only 32 so he should have at least 5 more years in him at a very high level. He's one of the most accurate passers the game has seen. Who knows if Cam will ever get to that level.

Brees is an old 32.