Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Book of Enoch

79 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

ok, so not sure why anyone gets wrapped up in this...doesn't the end of John 8 kinda answer this?

Posted · Report post

^ that's where faith comes in. But consider this, the bible was written over many centuries and by different authors, yet it all flows together pretty well...How did that happen?

The Star Wars books flow together really well too. Best part is, I don't have to believe they happened to enjoy them.

Posted · Report post

There were books that were originally in the Bible but were taken out? For God's sake, how can people live their whole lives based on this stuff? How do you know what's real and what's not?

/watching a special about it now on History Channel

I don't know how much of that is true, but the History channel is not really a reliable source for these types of things. They want ratings, not accuracy.

Posted · Report post

ok, so not sure why anyone gets wrapped up in this...doesn't the end of John 8 kinda answer this?

You know of someone that won't taste death?

(speaking of Enoch)

Posted · Report post

The Star Wars books flow together really well too. Best part is, I don't have to believe they happened to enjoy them.

kevin j anderson was poo

Posted · Report post

There were books that were originally in the Bible but were taken out? For God's sake, how can people live their whole lives based on this stuff? How do you know what's real and what's not?

/watching a special about it now on History Channel

Why do people want to continually discount other peoples beliefs? Why worry about others? Believe or don't, but why question what others believe? Until people stop trying to make everybody think the same things and think the same ways. We will always have wars. You don't believe and that's fine, so move on nothing to see here...

Posted · Report post

How did that happen?

Picking and choosing.

Posted · Report post

Why do people want to continually discount other peoples beliefs? Why worry about others?

Only when people feel this country should legislate based on their own beliefs is it a problem.

Posted · Report post

Only when people feel this country should legislate based on their own beliefs is it a problem.

Which group doesn't want to legislate based on their own beliefs?

Posted · Report post

Which group doesn't want to legislate based on their own beliefs?

Religious beliefs? Secular governments.

Who does want to legislate based on religious beliefs? The Taliban and our previous administration.

Posted · Report post

Religious beliefs? Secular governments.

Who does want to legislate based on religious beliefs? The Taliban and our previous administration.

Can you really equate the Taliban with Christianity? And what legislation did bush get passed that was biblical or Christian?

Posted · Report post

You read them? I don't know if I'd admit that or not.