181 replies to this topic

#16 Tweeder

Tweeder

Hark the Sound

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 11:26 AM

I largely agree with that other than the fact that Wall is being portrayed as a "me first" type of player when he isn't. The fact that it is taking him longer to make his decision is giving him a bit of a bad wrap that isn't really deserved. And...Roy Williams didn't go after Rose because he had Ty Lawson and didn't go after Beasley because he had Hansbrough. Not to mention nobody really "went after" Beasley because he was just following around coaches that he knew...his recruitment never really opened up.

maybe I shouldn't have protrayed him as the "me" first player, because honestly I know nothing about the kid except from what I have read n here and just what I have been reading and the media is protraying him as this type of player which I think is coming more from his "Handlers."

#17 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 11:38 AM

Really? After you trashed Coach K and Duke for taking an interest to him. You have really lost all credibility on here. If i didn't like someone to go to Duke i would say and not back down if they went there. Everything you say is poo. Not to mention you had to start your own thread to spew your poo. Why not post it in the John Wall thread like everyone else?

Hey, prick! I have an opinion and the right to express it...I don't attack you or anyone else on here. I'm not that thrilled about the Wall deal, but I also do not know all the issues regarding his handler (Clifton) and neither do you...What I do know is the kid can play and would be great leading the break in CH.

I trash K because he's an arrogant, selfish prick who obviously teaches his players to hack, smack, foul and assault. Do you need me to post pics to prove my point?

As for my credibility? HAHAHAHA! IT'S A MESSAGE BOARD, MORON!

#18 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 11:41 AM

[quote name='unicar15'][quote name='DWill']

Because there are a million other reasons to pick or not pick UNC other than Ty Lawson. To say that if Lawson is gone then Wall is going to UNC is extremely misinformed.

This is how the game is played...I wouldn't be surprised if Roy doesn't even offer Wall before Wall makes his decision. At the Hoops summit he said that he would cut his list to 2 or 3 for the Jordan game. Then he said that he would try to make his decision a week after the Jordan game...That gives Roy 2 weeks to court, inform, and offer Wall. Not to mention UK, NCSU, and Duke (to a lesser extent) have been on him for the last 2 years (not Duke).

Also...there is trouble brewing in the Larry Drew camp. Apparently he and his dad are prettttty pissed that Roy is thinking of going after Wall after Drew just sat the bench the whole year in anticipation of getting a chance to play. It is just turning into a sticky situation with Wall in Chapel Hill and I think that Walls "advisors" will do everything possible to keep him out of the drama that could unfold.

Not to mention there was a huge deal made about Roy flying all the way to Iowa and then to Memphis to talk to Harrison Barnes and Casey Prather but no mention of him sitting down with John Wall. Its either going to come down to Wall realizing that waiting for UNC is stupid or Roy realizing that he is risking his fool-proof formula in order to go after a one and done.

THAT is why its not going to come down to Ty Lawsons decision..[/quote]

Link this please.

#19 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,631 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 12:43 PM

[quote name='Htar'][quote name='unicar15']

Link this please.[/quote]

Not everything has a link to a website my friend...

#20 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,831 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 12:46 PM

Hey, prick! I have an opinion and the right to express it...I don't attack you or anyone else on here. I'm not that thrilled about the Wall deal, but I also do not know all the issues regarding his handler (Clifton) and neither do you...What I do know is the kid can play and would be great leading the break in CH.

I trash K because he's an arrogant, selfish prick who obviously teaches his players to hack, smack, foul and assault. Do you need me to post pics to prove my point?

Just an FYI...you have the right to express it without personal attacks

#21 Luc21

Luc21

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 01:33 PM

Htar is like this message board's little brother. I have come to peace with the fact that when he posts it is for humor sake now. I honestly dont think he trys to be a d*ck to anyone, but some of his posts just put him in a sticky situation. For example, this thread. I was the one who posted that some Carolina fans would be backtracking now that Roy got involved a couple weeks ago, credit to Htar he seemed to stay strong for a little while, but now with this post, it basically says "I don't care if John Wall comes with baggage or is a me-first player, I want him to be a Heel, because he is really good".

I really don't think you can argue with that assumption people have of you now, Htar. But the problem is you didnt have to make yourself look like that. John Wall IS a pretty good kid, he ISN'T a me-first player, you can like him and not feel bad about it. The problem came about when you, like other fans, immeaditly jumped all over Duke for recruiting him. You should have known it was only a matter of time before Carolina got involved, look back in history, Duke and Carolina constantly go after the same players. It is going on with Harrison Barnes right now as well. Duke has been all over that kid for awhile now, he has visited Duke twice on his own, but now Roy has put Roscoe Smith on hold and said Harrison is his top target for 2010.

This really goes back to the whole arguement that comes up with most fan bases when a recruit is considering their school the recruit is "good kid, great prospect, well respected, etc." when that recruit doesnt decide to go to their school he suddenly becomes "over-rated, me-first attitude, bad academics, etc."

Edited by Luc21, 13 April 2009 - 01:35 PM.

#22 monstercat

monstercat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 02:13 PM

Well, like I said before, I don't think that either Roy or K are gonna go after any kid that they perceive to be a problem. In this case, it seems to be the "handler" that's the source of the problems anyway.

Either way, I sure as hell won't be complaining if Wall comes to UNC.

#23 panthersphan

panthersphan

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,508 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 13 April 2009 - 02:36 PM

Of course, it's a desperate act by Coach K if he recruits Wall, but great work by Roy if Wall chooses Carolina.

Whatever.

Thank you...Tar Heels fans = joke

#24 Woodie

Woodie

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,135 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 03:04 PM

[quote name='unicar15'][quote name='DWill']

Because there are a million other reasons to pick or not pick UNC other than Ty Lawson. To say that if Lawson is gone then Wall is going to UNC is extremely misinformed.

This is how the game is played...I wouldn't be surprised if Roy doesn't even offer Wall before Wall makes his decision. At the Hoops summit he said that he would cut his list to 2 or 3 for the Jordan game. Then he said that he would try to make his decision a week after the Jordan game...That gives Roy 2 weeks to court, inform, and offer Wall. Not to mention UK, NCSU, and Duke (to a lesser extent) have been on him for the last 2 years (not Duke).

Also...there is trouble brewing in the Larry Drew camp. Apparently he and his dad are prettttty pissed that Roy is thinking of going after Wall after Drew just sat the bench the whole year in anticipation of getting a chance to play. It is just turning into a sticky situation with Wall in Chapel Hill and I think that Walls "advisors" will do everything possible to keep him out of the drama that could unfold.

Not to mention there was a huge deal made about Roy flying all the way to Iowa and then to Memphis to talk to Harrison Barnes and Casey Prather but no mention of him sitting down with John Wall. Its either going to come down to Wall realizing that waiting for UNC is stupid or Roy realizing that he is risking his fool-proof formula in order to go after a one and done.

THAT is why its not going to come down to Ty Lawsons decision..[/quote]
I don't know if Wall is going to Carolina or not, and frankly, I really don't care. However, I do think Lawson's decision can very well have a huge impact on what Wall does...assuming Wall is legitimately considering UNC. One thing that has been made clear is that Wall only wants one year of college before jumping to the NBA, thus, it goes without saying that he wants to go to a situation in which he can start and show scouts why they should draft him.

But if Lawson stays, that would almost certainly relegate Wall to backup status, or at best, to playing out of position. Not to mention that after his performance in the tournement, all eyes will be on Lawson, Wall would be secondary. That's not to say that if Lawson stays, Wall would become an afterthought, he would certainly still get a lot of minutes, but the perception of him as a reserve (particularly behind a PG that is borderline lottery) could hurt his draft stock...and that's something I don't think Wall wants to chance.

#25 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,397 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 13 April 2009 - 03:17 PM

Read his interview with Inside Blazer, He specifically states he doesn't want to be the go to guy. He wants to go to a team with Good leadership and skilled veteran players.

#26 ncfan

ncfan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 429 posts
  • LocationKey West, FL

Posted 13 April 2009 - 08:16 PM

I would love to see him go to unc.
If Henderson announces he's going pro I think duke will be out of it.
From what I have read, he keeps saying now that He will choose the school, clifton could be becoming out of the picture.
I just have a gut feeling that he will end up in carolina blue.
He comes to unc, he takes over the reigns at starting pg in a fast-pace system that shows off what he is best at. He wants to go to a team that has veterans and chance of winning, (I have heard from high rams club members that are saying they have heard rumors that ellington would come back) along with davis and ginyard you have vets and talent to win.
Him just not pulling the trigger and committing anywhere makes me think he will be a heel. He has been and visited all these schools that he says he likes but still has yet to commit to a school this late. He has visited unc Several times the last few years and I have heard that he was a unc fan growing up. Could he just be waiting on a certain offer?

As far as drew being unhappy, give me a break.
The kid was just a freshman, I guess that rumor started around the same place the "zeller to transfer" started. Wall will be a one and done type player, and will bring them another chance to win it all. What player on a team wouldn't want to win back to back championships. Drew sat behind the Best pg in the ncaa this year as a freshman. If wall comes in, drew will still get more minute than last year. Then when wall leaves drew will Still have 2 years to lead the team (Marshall will be Good but an upperclassmen like drew will get the nod at the starting position).

#27 Hawkfanadam

Hawkfanadam

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • LocationVancouver, Washington

Posted 14 April 2009 - 12:23 AM

I went to Portland to watch that USA - World game. Wow, not only did he put points on the board, but he just opened up the field, I don't have the exact number, but his +/- score must have been high.

#28 Tweeder

Tweeder

Hark the Sound

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 04:34 AM

As far as drew being unhappy, give me a break.
The kid was just a freshman, I guess that rumor started around the same place the "zeller to transfer" started. Wall will be a one and done type player, and will bring them another chance to win it all. What player on a team wouldn't want to win back to back championships. Drew sat behind the Best pg in the ncaa this year as a freshman. If wall comes in, drew will still get more minute than last year. Then when wall leaves drew will Still have 2 years to lead the team (Marshall will be Good but an upperclassmen like drew will get the nod at the starting position).

:iagree:

#29 Britneck

Britneck

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 08:19 AM

Haha. Complete meltdown on a message board. I love it. And none of it had anything to do with what i said.

#30 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 12:41 PM

Haha. Complete meltdown on a message board. I love it. And none of it had anything to do with what i said.

meltdown? Huh? You don't have enough stroke to get me into meltdown mode.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com