Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Burn the books!

46 posts in this topic

Posted

Am I offended by it? nope. Is anyone here? Probably not. But here we have rules and one of them is no crap like that....no matter what side you fall on. I took it in context and saying "F*ck the honky" is not gonna fly here just like any other "F*ck the __(other slurs)__"

Trust me I'm plent offensive verbally and odorly but saying stuff like that around here is not gonna fly.

Posted

I understand completely. If it don't fly, then I won't push it anymore.

Although it is pretty funny that I got in trouble for writing something offensive in a thread whose title indicates that the subject matter is primarily about people being punished irrationally for incindiary writing....now that's good irony.

Posted

I just wanna make one point. It is very ironic to me that people can call each other the things that they call each other on internet message boards, but some specific words are treated the way they are. Meanwhile, in situations like an NFL locker room or NASCAR garage area (two places I have been around quite a bit over the last 10 years), people would never insult each other the way Fiz and me and some other people do on here regularly. And yet, the words we think are so harmful on the internet and are so afraid of get used all the time in those real life situations.

Not putting anyone down on here specifically, just saying it's ironic that you can say "you fine young male inbred dumbass moron", but not "you honky" or "you nappy headed ho." Why are we so afraid of these words? We empower them the way we treat them.

Posted

I'm just gonna point this one thing out. It is very ironic to me that people can call each other every name in the book on an internet message board, but can't say words that are deemed racist. Meanwhile, in situations like an NFL locker room or NASCAR garage area (two places I have been around quite a bit over the last 10 years), people would never insult each other the way Fiz and me and some other people do on here regularly. And yet, the words we think are so harmful on the internet and are so afraid of get used all the time in those real life situations.

Not putting anyone down on here specifically, just saying it's ironic that you can say "you fine young male inbred dumbass moron", but not "you honky" or "you nappy headed ho." Why are we so afraid of these words? We empower them the way we treat them.

I agree entirely with that, and it's one of the reasons that I love to use the words. The more you use them, then the more people are forced to question why they find those words offensive. Eventually (ideally), everyone should realize that there isn't a reason to be offended by them at all. At that moment, they stop having relavence and power. At that moment, equality wins a big one.

Posted

nobody seriously uses honky as a racist term. the only people who bring it up are white people setting up straw men.

the term used these days is "heather" or "casper."

i think heather is just a stereotypical white girl name, which is funny cause the only one i've known was a black girl in high school.

Posted

I worked with this guy at a restaurant one time. He was a black guy who was in and out of jail all the time, and never had transportation. Yet he and I became pretty tight. I used to go 10 miles out of my way to give him a ride home. We'd constantly needle each other and use race to do it. But we both laughed it off. He'd say "Big B, what's wrong with yo people? You nuke the yellow man, take the red man's land..." I'd come back with "we tried to kill the brown man, too, but he breeds too fast." He'd laugh his ass off. Then he'd come back with something on me and I'd laugh my ass off.

Why can't we all be like this? Instead we all walk around afraid of our differences. White people are all uptight around black people because they're constantly afraid of saying something offensive.

Example of what goes on in an NFL locker room....Panthers had a white player used to love quoting Caddyshack. He'd say, in front of black and white teammates..."Hey Fred, did you hear the one about the Jew, the Catholic and the colored boy?" A black player would chime in with the next line from the movie.

People talk about how religion is used to control people, and they're right, but I think political correctness is, too.

Posted

The huddle has rules when it comes to this though. Honky can have many diferent meanings but the way he used it was a racial slur for white people. I am just trying to be fair here.

Posted

You're all acting like a bunch of Panthroes if you ask me.

Posted

Vagina-dominating geniuses?

Posted

Vagina-dominating geniuses?

Wouldn't it be genii?

Posted

Wouldn't it be genii?

Don't be so arrogant, you smelly Panthro.

Posted

Don't be so arrogant, you smelly Panthro.

Is there a non-smelly version?

I keed, I keed. :D