• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#16 ed bell

ed bell

Ruthless

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,803 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 01:27 AM

From the top....when asked what tough is, Jerry says Thomas Davis...That tells me he will have an opportunity to be on our roster, regardless of anything folks here think....contract wise, injury-prone wise, cap-hit wise, whatever....and I can get behind that. Go TD...

#17 ed bell

ed bell

Ruthless

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,803 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 01:35 AM

Also, from the top, sounds like Otah will be on the roster through mini-camp and training camp...the rest is up to him.....

#18 ed bell

ed bell

Ruthless

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,803 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 01:40 AM

Q: Who do you consider tough? RICHARDSON: Thomas (Davis). There are others but in my judgment he's No. 1. (Davis, an outside linebacker, has torn the ACL in the same knee three times and is trying to come back.) I saw him (working out at Bank of America Stadium Wednesday) and I said, 'Every time I see you you're in here' and he said, 'Mr. Richardson, I'm going to be in here every time. And I'm going to beat the odds.' And I believe him.

I can't imagine a more resounding endorsement than this...anyone who wants to believe otherwise might as well look elsewhere for something to bitch about since this will be in the mix in 2012.

#19 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,417 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 02:14 AM

LOOOOL!!! I saw that Sherrod Martin comment in the transcript and i thought it was a joke just to click on the real post to see it wasnt!!! HAHA That was classic.

#20 Mother Grabber

Mother Grabber

Gettlemagic 2.0

• HUDDLER
  • 13,735 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 02:30 AM

I no think Martin will play safety for much longer. :)

#21 klbishop143

klbishop143

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • LocationPacific Northwest (it sucks here)

Posted 05 January 2012 - 02:49 AM

Mark Barron.

Just think we're in a good spot with gamble and hogan at the corners with munnerlyn in the slot. We have no decent depth at S. Godfrey and Barron may be a good duo. If we go into next year with Pugh as a starter (assuming martin is gone) we'll be in a bad spot. barron has rare upper first round talent as a safety.

Edited by klbishop143, 05 January 2012 - 02:57 AM.

#22 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,920 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 03:02 AM

lol bye bye Sherrod's starting job. Seems like a good guy, but man has he sucked this year.

#23 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,920 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 03:13 AM

Barron's a SS, and I don't think he's actually upper 1st round talent. Those are rare, Eric Berry is the only one in recent history. I'm really hoping Markelle Martin (a FS) is available for us in the 2nd. My dream draft that addresses only defense and doesn't involve trades would go 1st: D-lineman (Coples, Still, whoever is best value and biggest boost to our line), 2nd: Markelle Martin, 4th: Cliff Harris

#24 chef17

chef17

Senior Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 03:27 AM

Mark Barron.

Just think we're in a good spot with gamble and hogan at the corners with munnerlyn in the slot. We have no decent depth at S. Godfrey and Barron may be a good duo. If we go into next year with Pugh as a starter (assuming martin is gone) we'll be in a bad spot. barron has rare upper first round talent as a safety.

How do you figure this one?

#25 thunderraiden

thunderraiden

Thunder God Member

• HUDDLER
  • 2,782 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 03:33 AM

epic sherrod martin question. So and so is great, so and so is fabulous, so and so has really improved... sherrod martin??? yea that guy? uhh he plays safety.

#26 klbishop143

klbishop143

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • LocationPacific Northwest (it sucks here)

Posted 05 January 2012 - 07:19 AM

How do you figure this one?

We can build depth there but we need a starting safety. We just got hogan who showed alot of promise at the end of the season. Our higher draft picks would be better used on other needs than corner.

Just saying, how often does a safety have first round talent. How would you like to have an "ed reed" roaming the back field?

#27 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • 4,629 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 05 January 2012 - 07:33 AM

I liked what I read, but WTF was he talking about when asked about the coaching staff?

From what I read, I'm expecting faith from the FO in our offense (WR's, RB's, Otah and Shockey) and he wants to fug up Sherrod Martin

The way I read it he is only happy with the fact we are not as boring on offense.I certainly did not read any endorsements with the exception of Chud.

#28 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 15,267 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 07:48 AM

JR found the perfect way to say something bad about Martin without saying anything at all.

#29 raleigh-panther

raleigh-panther

• HUDDLER
  • 2,381 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 08:23 AM

Otah's days are numbered.

He best get himself to OTAs in good shape and I suspect how he shows up in Feburary may impact what the Panthers do in April.

#30 Panther53521

Panther53521

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  • LocationHickory, NC

Posted 05 January 2012 - 08:53 AM

We as a league want high-scoring games because that's what our customers want.

I wouldnt rule out a WR, if Blackmon somehow falls to us.

But I really perfer we go defense.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com