Q&A with Jerry Richardson

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#46 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 26,281 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 12:20 PM

Thats why they do what they do, and you don't.

and buh bye martin :(

They won't give up on Martin bc of one bad season.

#47 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,554 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 12:24 PM

Yes they will imo, Rivera is not playing around with these guys. Martin cannot tackle at all, he's always late to his spot, and doing all the wrong things that a player at safety should do. Will he be released? Probably not. But his starting job is definitely in jeopardy.

#48 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 26,281 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 12:29 PM

Yes they will imo, Rivera is not playing around with these guys. Martin cannot tackle at all, he's always late to his spot, and doing all the wrong things that a player at safety should do. Will he be released? Probably not. But his starting job is definitely in jeopardy.

Rivera really liked him coming in. he isn't always late to his spot......he was much better in that area the past 2 seasons.

This year has been more of the same.....therefore they don't give up on him. but I am all for competition for BOTH starting S jobs

#49 44johnson

44johnson

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 12:35 PM

I agree with you. This is his wake up call though, he better get it on or he will have to get along. Dang, that quote from Richardson made me cringe I can but wonder what it will do to Martin.

#50 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,554 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 12:36 PM

Rivera really liked him coming in. he isn't always late to his spot......he was much better in that area the past 2 seasons.

This year has been more of the same.....therefore they don't give up on him. but I am all for competition for BOTH starting S jobs

I'm sure Rivera liked everyone COMING IN, but his opinion about some of those players have probably changed. Hell he said he even liked Munnerlyn coming in, the fact Martin can't finish tackles and has blown multiple overages, I would imagine irks Rivera especially his piss poor tackling for a safety.

#51 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,554 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 12:37 PM

Martin has made a few nice plays this season, but a lot of shitty and WTF? plays. His bad outweighs the good.

#52 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• ALL-PRO
  • 15,573 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 12:38 PM

it better be.. I hope Rivera doesn't settle for less than solid production... Martin plays the ball as bad as anyone I've seen other than backup LBers with no coverage skills...

Colston's TD wasn't the only blown coverage by Martin.. there was one in the back of the endzone and Martin was right on top of the guy, still couldn't make a play..

#53 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 26,281 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 12:43 PM

Martin has made a few nice plays this season, but a lot of pooty and WTF? plays. His bad outweighs the good.

In 2011 yes.....not in a Panther uniform though. Think that buys him another year. But like I said, I fully expect competition

#54 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,554 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 12:47 PM

it better be.. I hope Rivera doesn't settle for less than solid production... Martin plays the ball as bad as anyone I've seen other than backup LBers with no coverage skills...

Colston's TD wasn't the only blown coverage by Martin.. there was one in the back of the endzone and Martin was right on top of the guy, still couldn't make a play..

I don't even think Martin gets the concept of angle tackling.

#55 chris999

chris999

• HUDDLER
  • 5,023 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 05 January 2012 - 01:06 PM

Looks like Goodson has a buddy along with him in the doghouse. Martin should be...it dont make any sense to get abused like he did that Sunday smh. Both of them will probably be cut at some point.

'that' Sunday... I think you mean 'every' Sunday.

#56 chris999

chris999

• HUDDLER
  • 5,023 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 05 January 2012 - 01:07 PM

When has he ever had a good season?

A safety's job is to be a solid tackler, and keep the plays in front of him as a last line of defense. If he can't tackle, then he is completely useless.

Edited by chris999, 05 January 2012 - 01:09 PM.

#57 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• ALL-PRO
  • 15,573 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 01:30 PM

When has he ever had a good season?

A safety's job is to be a solid tackler, and keep the plays in front of him as a last line of defense. If he can't tackle, then he is completely useless.

his 1st year made a lot of people think he was a ballhawking safety.. since then not so much..

#58 Edward Teach

Edward Teach

#PanthersMafia

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 01:47 PM

The "whiff" on Reggie Wayne made me think he was afraid of tackling...that's what I thought of when I read Big Cat's response to the SM question.

Thanks for the ILM shoutout, JR!! Made me think he was talking to me...lol.

#59 Woodie

Woodie

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 02:05 PM

Those fines he received really seemed to take away much of his aggressiveness. I do think he is still struggling to learn this defense, but he seemed to be playing much more tentitively this year. Nevertheless, this is his make or break year...and I don't mean he gets another season, I mean this offseason and training camp.

#60 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

• HUDDLER
  • 26,475 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 02:23 PM

One thing I've always loved about JR is that hes 100% real. He doesn't hold back.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com