• Please log in to reply
130 replies to this topic

#61 The TrueGrit

The TrueGrit

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 10:09 AM

Good to see you still have Cam balls deep in your ass.

Hit the fuging breaks!!!

Imitation Is The Best Form Of Flattery :D

#62 The TrueGrit

The TrueGrit

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 10:14 AM

When you get mad you think gay thoughts, we all know this now you petty troll. Now run along and think of your next pooty user handle when you get zapped again. It would take 30 of you to add up to a Marty Hurney. His name will reign when you are long forgotten.

Lol not one of my alts but his statement rings true. Anyways, i don't want to "add up to Marty Hurney". I want to be good at what i'm doing for a living.

And my user handles are awesome :D
Creamofbuckwheat was my fav.

#63 Way Truth Life

Way Truth Life

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 11:00 AM

or maybe you should buy a sarcasm detector the next time I'm responding to an obvious troll.........

troll?

How is stating the obvious trolling? This entire thread is trolling. To state "Hurney Would Have My Vote for GM of the Year" is completely trolling. Hurney is probably one of the worst GMs in the league. His overall record is under 500 and his last two years are 8-24. The guy is horrible and should have been fired last year, but because he is such a yes man for Richardson, he remained.

Don't get it twisted. Richardson selected Cam Newton, not Hurney. Richardson basically told us all this when he described his interview with Cam Newton.

I'm not the troll. Anyone pushing Hurney for GM of the year is the troll. It's a huge joke...I hope....but who knows...the more I read on here....the more garbage I find.

Most people on here are still blaming Fox for 2010....how stupid is that? Fox is laughing now.

#64 The TrueGrit

The TrueGrit

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 11:04 AM

troll?

How is stating the obvious trolling? This entire thread is trolling. To state "Hurney Would Have My Vote for GM of the Year" is completely trolling. Hurney is probably one of the worst GMs in the league. His overall record is under 500 and his last two years are 8-24. The guy is horrible and should have been fired last year, but because he is such a yes man for Richardson, he remained.

Don't get it twisted. Richardson selected Cam Newton, not Hurney. Richardson basically told us all this when he described his interview with Cam Newton.

I'm not the troll. Anyone pushing Hurney for GM of the year is the troll. It's a huge joke...I hope....but who knows...the more I read on here....the more garbage I find.

Most people on here are still blaming Fox for 2010....how stupid is that? Fox is laughing now.

I cant rep you but my alts will.

#65 Argus Plexus

Argus Plexus

Super Kami Guru

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,500 posts
  • LocationCape Fear Area

Posted 10 January 2012 - 11:36 AM

A whole lot of hate for Meeks on here these days, people here used to talk about him like they do now about Chud :/

#66 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• HUDDLER
  • 14,736 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 11:46 AM

troll?

you answered this for me...

#67 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,106 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 10 January 2012 - 11:59 AM

troll?

Hurney is not a bad GM, look at guys like Matt Millen for Detroit if you want to think bad. 2010 was not on Fox or Hurney so much as it was on Richardson plain and simple. If you look at that as a lockout lost year, then the current 6-10 record is the worse in Hurney's tenure when he was actually trying to win and not follow Richardson's assinine directions to gut the franchise to save money. And no Richardson didn't pick Newton, he basically signed off on Rivera's and Hurney's decision. They did the work and make their choice and Richardson agreed.

Has Hurney made mistakes? Yes. Is he learning from them? Hopefully so. Hurney will take risks and doesn't always follow conventional wisdom. When it bites us like with Brown and Edwards, he looks bad. When it works like it did with Newton, he looks likes a genius.

All GMs make mistakes without exception. No GM has hit on all their first rounders on down the line. They won't unless they can predict the future. At this point the franchise is going in the right direction and that is all I care about. Rivera is a very good coach putting together a great staff. Beginning next year we will hopefully see it begin to pay off in wins.

If you don't like Hurney you have your opinion and are entitled to it. So are people who think he has done a good job. But a GM's worth is more than Ws and Ls alone although that is the ultimate barometer for the franchise as a whole. Is he great? Not in my opinion. But he is surely not that bad and for now he has us heading in a good direction.

#68 Way Truth Life

Way Truth Life

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 12:02 PM

you answered this for me...

Yeah...I guess Forbes is trolling too.

Our methodology for measuring the NFL's top general managers: won-lost record vs. payroll rank over the past three seasons, with bonus points awarded for playoff appearances, Super Bowl appearances and championships. With NFL payroll disparities somewhat limited by salary cap rules, the formula tends to place more weight on winning than on payroll.

http://www.forbes.co...0-managers.html

Funny. Hurney is not mentioned in the top 10. I dare say that he wouldn't be mentioned in the top 20 either.

Keep trolling. Hurney is a bum.

#69 Way Truth Life

Way Truth Life

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 12:11 PM

The fact is, Bill Polian is one of the best if not the best GM available. He built the Bills Superbowl team, Panthers NFC Championship team and the Colts Superbowl team. I suggest Richardson begging him to come back and fix the dis-functional mess we have.

Hurney has wasted more money on sub-par players and poor draft picks then I care to remember. Secondly, he never makes good FA moves, granted most of the FA moves are initiated by coaches, he is still responsible for their success and failure. For every Olsen we have five Orlando Mares.

#70 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,641 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 12:17 PM

Fox definately had a large role in the 2010 disaster. Poor coaching and a guy with his own agenda looking towards his own future

#71 Way Truth Life

Way Truth Life

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 12:22 PM

Fox definately had a large role in the 2010 disaster. Poor coaching and a guy with his own agenda looking towards his own future

History lesson 101.

Richardson let 8 starters walk and allowed Fox's contract to expire. Hurney was nothing more than Richardson's bobble head.

Fox obviously knows what the hell he is doing. Did you catch the game on Sunday?

Do you guys really feel like 6-10 is good? Hurney is 8-24 over the last 2 years. 8-24!!! You guys want to crown him as GM of the year? You guys must be high as hell.

#72 Ivan_Pharting

Ivan_Pharting

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 12:27 PM

Most Panther fans overrate everything about their team. Its because they are a new fan base and don't know no better.

#73 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,641 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 12:30 PM

History lesson 101.

Richardson let 8 starters walk and allowed Fox's contract to expire. Hurney was nothing more than Richardson's bobble head.

Fox obviously knows what the hell he is doing. Did you catch the game on Sunday?

Do you guys really feel like 6-10 is good? Hurney is 8-24 over the last 2 years. 8-24!!! You guys want to crown him as GM of the year? You guys must be high as hell.

Again, Fox had his won role in that disaster. Front office should do officially moved on......but Fox didn't coach that 2010 to be the best it could be. Fox had his own agenda......and that was obvious early on with his handling of Moore/ Clausen

#74 mvp2011

mvp2011

Phenom

• HUDDLER
  • 3,355 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 12:32 PM

Hell no. I would opt for a new GM if given the chance. When was the last time he hit on a 2nd or 3rd round pick? Kalil?

He's a great salary cap guy but his talent evaluation is sub par.

#75 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,106 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 10 January 2012 - 12:37 PM

The fact is, Bill Polian is one of the best if not the best GM available. He built the Bills Superbowl team, Panthers NFC Championship team and the Colts Superbowl team. I suggest Richardson begging him to come back and fix the dis-functional mess we have.

Hurney has wasted more money on sub-par players and poor draft picks then I care to remember. Secondly, he never makes good FA moves, granted most of the FA moves are initiated by coaches, he is still responsible for their success and failure. For every Olsen we have five Orlando Mares.

Funny but I was going to post about Polian. But I wasn't going to say he was all that great either. First off he used free agents to build a quick turnaround for the Panthers because Richardson felt like if we didn't do well pretty quickly it would hurt on going PSL sales and the franchise would flounder. He left after a few years but we struggled after he left because we had an aging team that was built to last. As for the Colts he did his best work drafting Manning but once he started paying so much money on offense, they failed to address the defensive needs for years. He was fired I suspect because he and the owner had differing opinions about what to do going forward.

Richardson would not have Polian back and he wouldn't want to come here I suspect.

As for your statements regarding poor draft picks and bad moves, up until 2010 when Richardson gutted the franchise, Hurney had more draft picks starting for the team than any other GM in the league. A truue testament to his good drafting not bad. Plus he has always hit well on his first rounders with the exception of Otah who has been injured. Brown mmay have cost us a future 1st rounder but was a 2nd round pick.

As for free agents, we have had some very good ones under Hurney. The issue wasn't good or bad but whether they were worth what we paid them. My opinion like his are that few if any are worth what they paid.

He actually does a great job of finding diamonds in the rough in free agency and has a good track reecord of finding quality players in the later rounds as well as UDFAs. Has he missed on a number of draft picks? yes. But before you castigate him how about doing your homework. Look around the division from 2007-2009 for example and see how many of the guys they drafted are still playing for them and compare that to us and lets see how Hurney does. Then keep in mind that Richardson deicimated the roster in 2010 and Rivera came in with no loyalties and cut many of the guys who Fox and Hurney drafted in favor of his own guys. What you find in spite of that is that we still have a number of draft picks which we hit on up and down the line-up.

Finally keep in mind that since you are not turning over that many vets every year normally, guys who are drafted from rounds 4-7 are often long shots at best. if they were awesome players they would be drafted higher.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.