Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Interesting development for draft prospect Dre Kirkpatrick

117 posts in this topic

Posted

Brockers in the first, Dre in the second.

Win/Win.

Posted

i wish i had 20 grams of marijuana

Posted

all I need is 7

Posted

i don't think its the smoking as much as the stupidity of a projected 1st round pick getting caught with drugs. Come on man, let your friends hold it, you just smoke it. That is really dumb.

I am the absolute last person on this board that has anything bad to say about pot... But, I dont want players on my football team to smoke because it is bad for the lungs, and I dont want our defense, especially CBs out there getting beat like a drum because they cant breathe as well as other top-shape athletes.

Posted

I think what he did was stupid, but sometimes you miss out when you pass on guys with uber talent and 'character concerns'

Not saying this situation applies, because I still have no idea who good he is.

character concerns aren't the issue. it's the timing of it.

Posted

Same category. When evaluations come out I bet money 'character concerns' will be listed & talked about. Happens every year. Last year the biggest name was Ryan Mallet.

Posted

:confused:

One is legal the other isn't.

it was a general statement that holds a lot of truth, aside from him getting caught in public when it is illegal. Perhaps I should have rephrased my quick response to this article...

let me do that by saying I think it's a shame he's getting in trouble for something that isn't harmful to him or anyone else in any way. I think it's a shame that his stock is going to be hurt due to a law that has no relevance to the truth in the matter. I think it's a shame that he can freely drink alcohol and never be looked down upon, yet the law was devised to harm people who use something harmless like marijuana..

I view the primary issue being it is illegal when it should not be, which is now resulting in this being a story at all..

2 people like this

Posted

Devon Still?

Posted

Dumbass!

*rolls up blunt*

I keed! I keed!

Posted

Michael Brockers?
yes.

Posted

News Flash: College students smoke pot and drink alcohol.

Posted

Aquib Talib 2.0?

A lot of good players have had this happen..Warren Sapp comes to mind(of course how could you not if you played with Bob Marleys son!)

I think he just becomes the 2012 Jimmy Smith. One would be foolish to let him drop to an elite team. saints and Packers would gobble this kid up.

Or he could just just suck...not a good move top 10er.