Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tiger7_88

Interesting development for draft prospect Dre Kirkpatrick

117 posts in this topic

a few things I should point out..

If you are saying that pot should be legal, then I agree.

But from a financial perspective, smoking it is stupid. He might cost himself some serious bucks for a bag of weed.

I didn't say he wasn't stupid for getting caught.

Cops don't usually ask if you think a law is fair or not when they arrest you.

Agree with the law or not, there are consequences when you break it.

I also didn't say cops would disregard the law.

I simply pointed out this would be a non-issue if the masses weren't so ignorant to marijuana in the first place.. chicken = egg argument. one that is overall irrelevant to this thread, but awareness to be raised none-the-less since the laws must change through said awareness..

Still draft him

Big cat think? LOL, big cat dont care about this poo

Still draft him

Big cat think? LOL, big cat dont care about this poo

LOL......Big Cat only care about the Win.

ah well; maybe he can be signed for cheaper. Wouldn't be the first big time CB who smoked jeeba.

That said, give me Devon still

If he falls to the 2nd because of this, I would be happy if we drafted him. I don't want him in the 1st though and it has nothing to do with him being dumb enough to get caught with a harmless, albeit illegal, substance.

funny how people look down on that and will take a drink in the same breath.. pure ignorance.

Drinking = legal

Weed = not legal

In general, it's dumb to do illegal stuff when your a highly regarded NFL draft prospect. It's not the weed that bothers teams, it's the fact that this kid has so little self discipline and impulse control that he can't avoid breaking the law when he knows his whole life is under a microscope right now.

tobacco is legal, weed is illegel.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRceY3gcsjBMzmxvnMI7dgigYzZ6FNDUsCtfEcrgzbjshDJy93G91il84-6

tobacco is legal, weed is illegel.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRceY3gcsjBMzmxvnMI7dgigYzZ6FNDUsCtfEcrgzbjshDJy93G91il84-6

I agree that it's silly, but the kid knows it's illegal and still couldn't help himself?

That has to give you pause when you're considering using a valuable draft pick on someone and handing them millions of dollars with the belief that they will do the right thing...

Drinking = legal

Weed = not legal

In general, it's dumb to do illegal stuff when your a highly regarded NFL draft prospect. It's not the weed that bothers teams, it's the fact that this kid has so little self discipline and impulse control that he can't avoid breaking the law when he knows his whole life is under a microscope right now.

You've got to be kidding me after the 50 different ways I've explained this.

1 person likes this

You've got to be kidding me after the 50 different ways I've explained this.

I think his point is right on the money. Smoking weed isn't worth the risk and he made a very poor decision. He should be grilled on that until he proves otherwise. It worked for Newton.

I think his point is right on the money. Smoking weed isn't worth the risk and he made a very poor decision. He should be grilled on that until he proves otherwise. It worked for Newton.

:lol:

If I had a interview for a job that is paying me money that will get me set for life, you actually think I would be worrying about smoking weed? He is showing poor judgement on his part and the fact that smoking weed is illegal in most states, and prohibited in the NFL is a concern.