Photo
- - - - -

SO what could we get if we trade down?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
20 replies to this topic

#16 Mvp2014

Mvp2014

Phenom

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 18 January 2012 - 01:37 PM

I know. Anyone can see that Jimmy is a future all-pro. You guys don't know squat.

#17 Panther_mountain

Panther_mountain

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 18 January 2012 - 01:41 PM

So I asked Mel Kiper on his chat if he see's us trading down and to my surprise he answered me, a vague answer but an answer.....

Chris (Charlotte, NC)

Do you see the Panthers trading down from 8/9 to pick up an extra 2nd or get a 3rd back?

Mel Kiper (1:38 PM)

They could. The thing with Carolina is there a CB that's attractive there? They could go there. A pass rushing DE. WR. They have some need areas. They're not a finished product.

http://espn.go.com/s...-guru-mel-kiper

#18 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 18 January 2012 - 01:46 PM

So I asked Mel Kiper on his chat if he see's us trading down and to my surprise he answered me, a vague answer but an answer.....

Chris (Charlotte, NC)

Do you see the Panthers trading down from 8/9 to pick up an extra 2nd or get a 3rd back?

Mel Kiper (1:38 PM)

They could. The thing with Carolina is there a CB that's attractive there? They could go there. A pass rushing DE. WR. They have some need areas. They're not a finished product.

http://espn.go.com/s...-guru-mel-kiper

why does everyone say wide-reciever is one of our top needs i can list five positions before wide-out

DT
CB
LB
RT
FS

#19 Panther_mountain

Panther_mountain

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 18 January 2012 - 01:49 PM

why does everyone say wide-reciever is one of our top needs i can list five positions before wide-out

DT
CB
LB
RT
FS

I couldn't agree more. People who say WR just dont know our roster. We dont need a WR this year. MAYBE next year or in 2 years...but not now...

#20 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

SUPPORTER

Posted 18 January 2012 - 02:26 PM

DT
CB
LB
RT
FS

I don't agree with them, but those that say WR are saying that no one on our WR roster is a true #2 guy and that we lack talent at WR. They could also take into account the fact that Smitty is getting up there ( WR usually take a while to develop fully)

So if your set of WR's includes an aging #1, and no true #2 then you need to upgrade.

Most draft experts are going to have Carolina taking CB, DE and DT in the first few rounds. Most will have Carolina taking a shot at a 5th round WR and getting Oline help in the 6th/7th rounds.

#21 d-run

d-run

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 18 January 2012 - 03:47 PM

Folks its not just "lets trade down"

IF it happens, its going to have to be on trade day, and it all depends on who is still on the board. Considering there are really only 2 guaranteed first round QBs that makes it even more difficult. Maybe a receiver? We don't know. It's so early that its really difficult to tell

This. And remember we don't have to trade with someone who has 2 first round picks this year. We could always move back to the mid/late teens for that pick and next year's first. All it takes is someone to fall in love with a guy they don't think will make it out of the top 10.