Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Goodbye Megaupload...

48 posts in this topic

Posted

You are trying to make the issue be about content being on-line. However, your real issue is having to pay for it.

You can purchase and stream music, movies, etc. on-line legally NOW....you just have to pay.

The issue everyone on here has is that they want movies, shows, music etc.. without paying for it. This will NEVER be part of the industry's business model. They are providing a service and a deliverable.....people should expect to pay for what they get. Nothing in life is free.

Why do you continually insist that anyone who has an opinion on the matter is simply trying to get free stuff? You're completely ignoring any point brought up and say 'nuh uh you just want free stuff'. Are you going to add to the discussion or simply point the finger at people?

Posted

Teh Paradox is the best and only stop for me. I just hope they never find out who Cardman is :)

Posted

Copyright infringement and piracy is illegal in New Zealand and Hong Kong....as well as the US.

Amusing how pissed off people here are getting because individuals breaking the law and actually caught and punished. You are just pissed because you liked getting poo for free that you are legally required to pay for......it is nothing more than that.

Megaupload DELETED any reported copyright infringement. Every single file-hosting site has problems with users uploading copyrighted material. This is horseshit. Not surprised that a big gov lib like yourself is okay with this though.

Posted

Hey MadHatter let me dump off all my bootleg DVDs at your house and call the cops and say you're selling them at 5 bucks a pop so you can get arrested and see how you feel about that. Because that's the literal, PHYSICAL manifestation of what happened to megaupload.

1 person likes this

Posted

Megaupload was starting to suck. They were removing links so I'm kind of surprised they went after them.

Posted

Does rapidshare still work?

Posted

Don't use it. fileserve is what everyone uses right now.

Posted

The reason US law enforcement was able to go after MU was because they had servers in Virginia and Washington, DC. If they would have kept that stuff offshore (they are a Hong Kong based company, after all) this would have never happened.

Posted

This is so dumb.

There is nothing wrong with file sharing. Nothing is taken from anyone. There is no theft there is only duplication. Just because some company says I can't do something doesn't mean I feel the same way and it also doesn't mean that I will abide by what they say.

Posted

Of course, I don't think the MPAA wants to admit that in many cases piracy actually boosts sales figures...

Posted

Movie companies would have no case against me. I don't buy movies.

I bet the cable company hates people like me though.

Posted

The biggest red herring in this debate is that piracy represents lost revenue somehow and it should be treated like someone shoplifting stuff from a store.

I guess the guy who downloaded CS5 Master Collection would have bought it but he had that $2500 already earmarked for beer or something.