Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Joe Paterno has died...

325 posts in this topic

Posted

You're suggesting they have no control over what they do. You're suggesting they should be quarantined, like they have a disease or something. You're suggesting the world around us has a minimal impact on who we are.

All these things are so far beyond the realm of reasonable logic, it's frankly difficult to find a starting point to tear it to pieces.

The world around us has quite a large impact on who we are, hence the acknowledgement of environmental factors, but I don't think the reason Sandusky is a pedophile is because he saw tits on TV when he was young. There is no evidence of this at all.

I did not say they have no control over what they do. I said that part of the explanation for it is chemical. That does not mean they are not responsible for what they do. In my opinion, people who commit those acts have some level of predisposition and are also very likely abused themselves as children, hence my statement of environmental factors having an impact. But that isn't always the case.

Anyway, I don't think a chemical predisposition absolves you of responsibility for your actions. Totally the opposite. As rational human beings we have the ability to rise above base impulses and choose how to behave. I am attracted to women, quite a few of them, but that doesn't mean I'm going to rape them. I also don't think that being attracted to women is the same as being attracted to children. It is far more complicated than that.

on the other hand I do think being attracted to women is the same as being attracted to men more or less :P

Posted

This argument is ludicrous. Parents can only do so much. Teenagers are typically loners. They will do just that, strike out on their own, and with sex being so easily accessible in today's world, it's unreasonable to ask responsible parents to keep a constant vigil on their children.

Speaking of responsibly parents-which there are becoming less and less of courtesy of our friend Mr. Sexual "Revolution."

Girl becomes mother at 15 thanks to culture deterioration.

Is, as expected, a crappy mother.

Her child does the expected, and follows mom's lead as a sex-monger in an ever growing perverted society.

Cycle continues.

None of this makes sense. Teenagers are loners? Maybe some...Mr Sexy Revo? Teen Pregnancy is actually going down. Please take any sociology course. For your sake...and god forbid your childrens.

Posted

The world around us has quite a large impact on who we are, hence the acknowledgement of environmental factors, but I don't think the reason Sandusky is a pedophile is because he saw tits on TV when he was young. There is no evidence of this at all.

I did not say they have no control over what they do. I said that part of the explanation for it is chemical. That does not mean they are not responsible for what they do. In my opinion, people who commit those acts have some level of predisposition and are also very likely abused themselves as children, hence my statement of environmental factors having an impact. But that isn't always the case.

Anyway, I don't think a chemical predisposition absolves you of responsibility for your actions. Totally the opposite. As rational human beings we have the ability to rise above base impulses and choose how to behave. I am attracted to women, quite a few of them, but that doesn't mean I'm going to rape them.

The whole "tits on TV" bit is growing old. It makes it seem as if I'm saying it's an isolated incident in a child's development that turns them into a pervert. You know as well as I do that that isn't what I'm saying, and surely-surely-you know that the ever growing presence of sex in our culture is contributing to negatively impacting a child's mind and warping their views on se, being the smart man you are. Because frankly, the fact that someone could disagree with that is not only absurd, but so far from the truth it immediately discredits everything else they say.

Is every pervert someone who was exposed to sex often as a child? Nah..Though numbers would say most had some kind of sexually related tragedy happen to them which drove them into it if it wasn't the first mentioned factor..In essence..to say that a warped sexual point of view is something your born with, would be, well wrong. There is literally nothing to suggest being a pervert is most commonly a brain malfunction. Everything suggests that surrounding factors detriments a child's mental health as he grows and results in a warped sexual point of view.

Posted

None of this makes sense. Teenagers are loners? Maybe some...Mr Sexy Revo? Teen Pregnancy is actually going down. Please take any sociology course. For your sake...and god forbid your childrens.

You completely ignored every valid point to make a smarmy remark. Nice. I suppose you also think that every family is exactly like The Brady Bunch, yes?

I think you're starting to realize the truth in what I'm saying..

"He's right..Parents can't be expected to monitor their teenagers 24/7..better switch up to some personal attacks before this gets out of hand.."

Posted

The whole "tits on TV" bit is growing old. It makes it seem as if I'm saying it's an isolated incident in a child's development that turns them into a pervert. You know as well as I do that that isn't what I'm saying, and surely-surely-you know that the ever growing presence of sex in our culture is contributing to negatively impacting a child's mind and warping their views on se, being the smart man you are. Because frankly, the fact that someone could disagree with that is not only absurd, but so far from the truth it immediately discredits everything else they say.

Is every pervert someone who was exposed to sex often as a child? Nah..Though numbers would say most had some kind of sexually related tragedy happen to them which drove them into it if it wasn't the first mentioned factor..In essence..to say that a warped sexual point of view is something your born with, would be, well wrong. There is literally nothing to suggest being a pervert is most commonly a brain malfunction. Everything suggests that surrounding factors detriments a child's mental health as he grows and results in a warped sexual point of view.

Posted

I think the point of raising your kids is that generally if you raise them right you shouldn't need to monitor them 24/7 to have them avoid from getting knocked up, dropping out of school and starting an endless cycle of teen mothers.

Posted

You completely ignored every valid point to make a smarmy remark. Nice. I suppose you also think that every family is exactly like The Brady Bunch, yes?

I think you're starting to realize the truth in what I'm saying..

"He's right..Parents can't be expected to monitor their teenagers 24/7..better switch up to some personal attacks before this gets out of hand.."

None of your points were valid as they were all based on your opinion. Which quite frankly sounds overly puritanical.

Posted

The world is better off without Joe Pa, as is Penn State.

Posted

And you continue to dodge the question, of which your actions would make very clear to reveal that you know what I'm saying is true. So until you deny that what I speak is truth, there is no need to google endless amount of links which you won't even read.

I don't know if your claim is true or not thus I'm asking you for evidence.

But if you can't find the courage to back up what you say with evidence unless someone denies you claim is true fine...

I hereby deny your claim that there is a large group of far leftist that believe sex and all of its connotations should be as common as eating in our society.

There, happy? Now you can present your evidence.

Posted

nailed it!

Screen%20Shot%202012-01-22%20at%201.30.41%20PM.png

It's too early to joke about this.

Maybe you should wait a decade to say something, like he did.

2 people like this

Posted

This thread is hilarious.

Hilarious how the Penn State posters who were so quick to try and distance themselves from the looneys at Penn State protesting his firing are now trying to spin that his "good" outweighed his "bad."

Complete and total joke. The man let a known predator walk the streets and gave him unfettered access to his football program for over a decade (at the very least) after finding out he was a child molestor.

And yes, he did deserve to be held responsible for what Sandusky did. Every single kid that was molested by Sandusky after 1999 (at the least) is on JoePa (and countless others).

He was complicit in a coverup because he cared more about his reputation and football than he did the safety of young children.

1 person likes this

Posted

This thread is hilarious.

Hilarious how the Penn State posters who were so quick to try and distance themselves from the looneys at Penn State protesting his firing are now trying to spin that his "good" outweighed his "bad."

Complete and total joke. The man let a known predator walk the streets and gave him unfettered access to his football program for over a decade (at the very least) after finding out he was a child molestor.

And yes, he did deserve to be held responsible for what Sandusky did. Every single kid that was molested by Sandusky after 1999 (at the least) is on JoePa (and countless others).

He was complicit in a coverup because he cared more about his reputation and football than he did the safety of young children.

You aren't even slightly open to the possibility that he just didn't want to believe what he'd heard? He said himself he didn't feel adequate addressing the issue so he handed it off to campus authorities.

There is a positive out of all this. Going forward no one will ever see this as a gray area again. Look at Jim Boeheim. He had the same initial impulse Paterno did. Even as he claimed he was no Joe Paterno. I just think it's sad that a person who has hundreds of people willing to vouch for his character had to go out like this. It really is a tragedy, and makes me that much madder at Sandusky.