Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

stirs

Joe Paterno has died...

325 posts in this topic

Deadspin has dug up JoePa, sat him in front of a heater, gave him come CPR and then killed him again.

Joe Paterno Gave Jerry Sandusky The Option To Keep Coaching “As Long As He Was The Coach”

3364_32.jpgBarry Petchesky

In 1999, at which time Paterno, Schultz, Curley and Spanier were all aware of the incident with Victim 6 the year before, Jerry Sandusky was given the choice of retiring, or staying on indefinitely.

In an email from Tim Curley to Spanier and Schultz, Curley wrote that "Joe did give him the option to continue to coach as long as he was the coach."

Sandusky, told he would never be head coach ("We know this isn't easy for you and it isn't easy for us or Penn State," Joe Paterno wrote in his notes before their meeting), apparently decided to begin the retirement process. Sandusky produced this letter with his "retirement requests." The typed requests are Sandusky's; the handwriting is Paterno's.

• Sandusky requested an office on Penn State's main campus. Paterno marked that as "OK."

• Sandusky requested a $20,000-a-year annuity, which represented the difference between retiring with 30 years and 35 years of service. (1999 was Sandusky's 31st year at the university.) Paterno appears to write "1200, plus what [second] Mile should put together for him." This may refer to the $12,000 annual annuity in a Penn State counteroffer, drafted a few weeks later. In the end, the idea of an annuity was tossed out in favor of a $168,000 lump sum.

• Sandusky requested a title to associate himself with Penn State. Paterno wrote "no," but along the sidebar, "Volunteer Position Director – Positive Action for Youth."

Graham Spanier later promised Sandusky emeritus status. A formal request was prepared by Gary Schultz, and submitted to the Provost's office. The Provost's office could not find any "specific precedent" for granting Sandusky the status, Provost Rodney Erickson gave it to him based on Spanier's promise. Erickson told a staff member he hoped "not too many others take that careful notice."

• Sandusky asked for access to training and workout facilities. Paterno put a check mark next to that request. In a sidebar, Paterno asked if this was for Sandusky's personal use, or for Second Mile kids, and indicated that due to liability problems, facility access should not be extended to Second Mile kids.

A month into retirement proceedings, AD Tim Curley applied to have Sandusky reemployed as an "emergency hire." It was granted, and Sandusky was re-hired for 95 days, at the same salary plus a six percent cost-of-living increase. In December of that year, Sandusky brought Victim 4 along to the Alamo Bowl in San Antonio, and assaulted him at the team hotel.

original.jpg

Yeah well at least my school won't forever be synonymous with a place where children were ass-fvcked by the coach for over a decade.

Here is the point that you are too ignorant to understand......I am NOT justifying or condoning ANY of the actions by the PSU leadership (and that includes Paterno). What the information and evidence NOW shows is that they were totally in the wrong and I hope they all burn for it.

You are viewing your "jump to conclusions based on no evidence" methodology that happened to be right as some type of accomplishment. Many who do EXACTLY what you did are later made to look like fools.....see all of the people who convicted the Duke Lacross Players in the court of public opinion.

Intelligent people base conclusions on evidence and facts.....ignorant fools (aka Husker) base them on nothing buth their own biases and hatred.

Nope....just will be known as one of the dirtiest programs under Osborne.

Dirtier than a 6 year olds poo on an elderly man's cock?

Wait. Jo Pa covered up child rape and people are still defending him?

Look, I love Bobby Bowden to death, but if it came out he helped cover up the destruction of multiple children's lives just so he could keep up his win record, I wouldn't hesitate to disassociate with him altogether.

If your football program is more important to you than the lives of innocent kids, you need to seriously do some soul searching.

Here is the point that you are too ignorant to understand......I am NOT justifying or condoning ANY of the actions by the PSU leadership (and that includes Paterno). What the information and evidence NOW shows is that they were totally in the wrong and I hope they all burn for it. You are viewing your "jump to conclusions based on no evidence" methodology that happened to be right as some type of accomplishment. Many who do EXACTLY what you did are later made to look like fools.....see all of the people who conviceted the Duke Lacross Players in the court of public opinion. Intelligent people base conclusions on evidence and facts.....ignorant fools (aka Husker) base them on nothing buth their own biases and hatred.

You're not now because you have no reason to be anymore. You're just now getting to where the rest of us have been for months. The curtains have been pulled back. Before you were his biggest apologist.

You're not now because you have no reason to be anymore. You're just now getting to where the rest of us have been for months. The curtains have been pulled back. Before you were his biggest apologist.

I got there based on evidence and information.....you got there by biases and hatred that happend to be right.

I made an informed conclusion....you found a nut.

Wait. Jo Pa covered up child rape and people are still defending him?

Evidently.

Easy story to say now. These are guys who did not report an ACTUAL criminal act that they WITNESSED and are now trying to cover their ass. The janitors and McQueary are the ones MOST guilty after Sandusky. They WITNESSED the crime and did NOTHING.

Evidently.

My comment in NO WAY defends what Joe did. The evidence now shows that he was neck deep in this cover-up and I hope he burns in hell for eternity for his non-action.

I am saying that it is easy for the janitors and McQuery to say this is why they did not act. Personally, I find their behavior reprehensible EVEN IF their jobs would depend on it. I would NEVER put my employment, paycheck, or any other material thing above the safety of children.

What McQuery and the Janitors did (or better yet DID NOT do) could be considered worse than what any of the other PSU leadership did.

Plain and simple....someone who could witness the rape of a child and do NOTHING should burn in hell along with the PSU leadership.

I got there based on evidence and information.....you got there by biases and hatred that happend to be right.

I made an informed conclusion....you found a nut.

Yeah that's what happened.

Meanwhile anyone with basic motor skills could see this coming from a mile away. No one is good at anything at 86 years old, much less running a football program (see: entire university in this case). Paterno held that school hostage for the better part of two decades for no other reason than being the all-time winningest coach. There has been no more selfish human being in the history of sport than this old coot, and he made sure every obstacle in his way of reach this goal was demolished, moved aside, hidden and subverted on his way. A kid-diddling pederast on his staff was given a slap on the wrist and set aside. To think that JoePa, who ran the fvkcing university as we now know, had no idea this was taking place isn't me taking a wild guess. It's you being a ******* broken-hearted baby with his fingers in his ears.

This wasn't some wild guess. It's way to obvious for that.

if hatter and husker ever go to the huddle tailgate someone let me know and ill bring the popcorn

if hatter and husker ever go to the huddle tailgate someone let me know and ill bring the popcorn

Won't ever happen. The administration of the mental facity he is in won't allow them to use the shuttle vans for recreational purposes.