35 replies to this topic

#31 dimbee

dimbee

Rabble Rouser

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,915 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 06:30 PM

Biscuit- there's really no "convincing" needed with this. All of the info is out there. Nothing anyone here posts is going to be what I would call enlightening. It's going to be a simple decision, honestly- Obama vs whichever Republican wins the Republican nomination.

That's a personal decision that only you can make. There's no "right" or "wrong" decision. There is only "your decision."

#32 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

• HUDDLER
  • 26,475 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 06:33 PM

Going with who one "disagrees with the least" never turns out good. Thats part of the problem as to why we always have these corrupt bought and paid for individuals running for president.

My way of thinking is...its the same person as who do you agree with the most, only worded differently. Different thought process.

#33 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 33,674 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 31 January 2012 - 06:36 PM

Biscuit- there's really no "convincing" needed with this. All of the info is out there. Nothing anyone here posts is going to be what I would call enlightening. It's going to be a simple decision, honestly- Obama vs whichever Republican wins the Republican nomination.

That's a personal decision that only you can make. There's no "right" or "wrong" decision. There is only "your decision."

Yeah I know... but I thought it would be a good topic for discussion and we might accidentally learn something. :D

#34 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• HUDDLER
  • 7,923 posts
  • LocationPleiades

Posted 31 January 2012 - 07:09 PM

My way of thinking is...its the same person as who do you agree with the most, only worded differently. Different thought process.

Haha...that is another way to look at it. I guess the deal breaker for me in that regard, is I disagree with way more of what they stand for, than agree with.

#35 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 17,297 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 09:06 PM

There's no "right" or "wrong" decision. There is only "your decision."

As long as he agrees with me, then he can't go wrong. ;)

#36 Davis83

Davis83

Rebelling since 1753

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 10:19 PM

The biggest concern I had - and still have with Pres Obama is lack of experience. I thought it was to fast of a rise to power. He did not even complete his first term in congress before being elected. Lacking experience in being able to negotiate with others has led to alot of stalemating standoffs. Lacking experience has contributed to so many Czars being appointed - which has led to alot of distrust.

A president is the face of the Nation - the power to change resides primarily with congress. Pres Obama is very good at speaking and presenting - but other foreign powers have come to realize that a divided congress is not going to back much of his policy. I think this is one reason that Hillary is going to step down - she travels and speaks - nothing is happening.

As for the Republicans: Agree there is not much going for any of them. Newt probably is the best qualified as far as experience dealing with congress - but he has alot of baggage and I can't see him as a great "Face of the Nation". Romney - I just get a weird vibe from him - hard to believe that a billionaire that makes 40 mil per year on wall street can have my best interest in mind.

I think the Republican Party is in a bizarre bind. I honestly have no idea who to vote for - I see no benefit from anyone (Rep or Dem) right now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com