Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lightsout

Prosecuted Christians?

35 posts in this topic

Correct me if Im wrong but isnt Judaism a religion for the Jews(race) alone? Why would they market to you if youre not allowed? The religions you hear from are the ones that you can actually join, you should feel included really.

You fail to grasp the point, perhaps you have read only a portion of the conversation.

When I opined my dislike of christians someone replied that "I bet you feel that way about jews too"

No, I actually don't - for the reason stated above (regardless of the REASON for the lack of forced assimilation)

But, thanks for playing.

I don't believe that Judaism is reserved only for people born into it. You can convert I've known people who did.

buddhism is a race too

Correct me if Im wrong but isnt Judaism a religion for the Jews(race) alone? Why would they market to you if youre not allowed? The religions you hear from are the ones that you can actually join, you should feel included really.

http://www.jewfaq.org/gentiles.htm#Conversion

buddhism is a race too

I'm getting to nirvana first!

You fail to grasp the point, perhaps you have read only a portion of the conversation.

When I opined my dislike of christians someone replied that "I bet you feel that way about jews too"

No, I actually don't - for the reason stated above (regardless of the REASON for the lack of forced assimilation)

But, thanks for playing.

i did.

good to know.

youre welcome.

good read.

In theory, once the conversion procedure is complete, the convert is as much a Jew as anyone who is born to the religion. In practice, the convert is sometimes treated with caution, because we have had some of bad experiences with converts who later return to their former faith in whole or in part.

WOW :lol:

this is why many don't look at Jews in the same negative light regarding prosthelytizing as some other faiths:

In general, Jews do not try to convert non-Jews to Judaism. In fact, according to halakhah (Jewish Law), rabbis are supposed to make three vigorous attempts to dissuade a person who wants to convert to Judaism.

If they just do a computer generated image of the potential Jew wearing that curly hair and silly hat they can probably skip the last two attempts.

1 person likes this

If they just do a computer generated image of the potential Jew wearing that curly hair and silly hat they can probably skip the last two attempts.

lawl this was probably the funniest post of the day, so far...