Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Forbes: Most Disliked Athletes 2012

56 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Here's the Top 10:

[LIST=1]
[*]Michael Vick
[*]Tiger Woods
[*]Plaxico Burress
[*]Ndamukong Suh
[*]Kris Humphries
[*]LeBron
[*]Kobe
[*]T.O.
[*]A-Rod
[*]Kurt Busch
[/LIST]

Posted · Report post

Don't you have to play still to be a disliked athlete?

Posted · Report post

I don't even understand why Plax made the list. Suh seems awfully high too. Otherwise it looks about right.

Posted · Report post

lol why does forbes think NASCAR drivers count as athletes

Posted · Report post

Suh should be #3 behind Tiger. Plaxico shooting himself in the leg is nothing compared to Suh's cheaphot play and idiotic attempts to defend it.

Posted · Report post

Surprised that Tebow is not on the list.

Posted · Report post

I don't know who Kris Humphries is and really don't care, but I am concerned that there is but one white guy on this list who doesn't run, jump, or throw and is considered an athlete.

From Merriam Webster:
"..a person who is trained in or good at sports, games, or exercises that require physical skill and strength."

So, I guess in that sense I have to consider Kurt Busch an athlete. But I'll never consider NASCAR a "sport."

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Anybodyhome']I don't know who Kris Humphries is and really don't care, but I am concerned that there is but one white guy on this list who doesn't run, jump, or throw and is considered an athlete.

From Merriam Webster:
"..a person who is trained in or good at sports, games, or exercises that require physical skill and strength."

So, I guess in that sense I have to consider Kurt Busch an athlete. But I'll never consider NASCAR a "sport."[/QUOTE]

I am sure NASCAR is very upset about that. :)

As Hemingway said, the only true sports are bullfighting, mountain climbing, and auto racing. Everything else is just a game.

Posted · Report post

I understand the hate for Vick, Suh, Bron Bron, Kobe and A-Rod. I don't follow NASCAR enough to know why they hate Busch. But why the hate for Tiger he didn't do anything to hurt anyone other than his wife he cheated on her which sucks but thousands of people do and they're not hated. Plaxico I feel bad for, you shoot yourself and you end up on the most hated list. Humphries he's just a poor sap who got taken advantage of.

Posted · Report post

U got sports such as soccer and football and then you have blood sports where loss of life chances are much higher....I.e., auto racing, bullfighting, etc. Romans had it right about defining a sport. All of it has its place. Now golf is the oddball.....no physical exertions or loss of life chances. Golf is truly just a game

Posted · Report post

opinions are like assholes, everyone has one...thanks for sharing yours with us Forbes!

Posted · Report post

why i consider nascar drivers athletes: endurance, mental and physical stamina, and it's a competition