Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Matthias

Abortion: When Does Life Begin?

156 posts in this topic

Well at least consider the fact that the Scripture was written thousands of years before doctors thought that using leeches to suck the blood out of you was a dandy idea

I don't think XLightsOutX was referring to a situation such as yours. At 24 weeks, I'm sure XLightsOutX would agree your child was viable. I'm happy your child is now strong, and may she have many successful days ahead of her.:cool: The only thing I debated (which came from Scripture) is could life actually begin when there is blood present in the fetus.

meh... from scripture, life began when the breath of life was breathed into Adam's lungs

Adam wasn't born but was created. Interestingly enough, the fetus doesn't begin to receive oxygen elements until it is hooked up to the mother through the umbilical cord. So I guess in essence, from a Scriptual standpoint, it reinforces the point that life doesn't begin until a certain amount of time has passed after pregnancy.

I guess I'm making this argument from the Bible to show believers it's not taking a life if a person uses birth control or things of that nature. The most evident situation I see where pregancy is not wanted, is the situation of rape. If taking emergency contraception is safe for that woman or teenage girl, it should be done right away.

Well Matthias I would like to sincerely thank you for at least pointing out that you can take anything in any philosophical book to mean what you personally want it to, and you are acknowledging that in your own way. You have some potential.

1 person likes this

Life begins at 40.....

1 person likes this

I know everyone is getting tired of me bringing this up, but for the Christians here I want inform of what I found. It is official. Life does not begin at conception! If it did, this mother right here would be two people in one body........

334c0ec35d7f1d98a7359d88f0fca3b3.jpg

Lydia Fairchild was born with two sets of DNA within her, which resulted from two different fertilized eggs fusing together. So again if life began at conception, two lives (the two conceived eggs) merged into one body.

Ultimately the truth is (talking to Christians), the fertilized egg is nothing but information. That information tells the newly formed cell basically how to form the body, and the cell begins to form the body. Life happens when God puts the spirit into the fetus, and I don't know when that happens. Yet, the ultimate sign that God has done so, is when the fetus has blood. When there is blood there, God has done his part, and there is life. So this is my take at the subject of when life begin from a Biblical perpective to my brethren on here. I love you guys.:D

God knows the baby will be aborted yet he makes the woman pregnant anyways. God is the real abortionist.

Are you saying God should stop all pregnancies?

But by making the woman pregnant He gives her a choice to make, ergo, the woman's choice is still more important than the fetus.

Blowing my melon man

Abortions help reduce welfare. Not sure why conservatives oppose it. Worry about the troops instead. I can assure you they're definitely alive. Let's stop aborting them in the middle east.

Abortions help reduce welfare. Not sure why conservatives oppose it. Worry about the troops instead. I can assure you they're definitely alive. Let's stop aborting them in the middle east.

They support it for the same reason liberals with arsenals that would make Charlton Heston drool support gun bans. Its an awesome political football. (Well, at least it is until the spotlight hits "your" life then it suddenly becomes nobody else's business.)