Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Brockers didn't bench?

25 posts in this topic

Posted

hadn't seen that. i knew that his agent said that he had one lined up but i couldn't remember when it was to take place. i thought it was in early-mid march.

I could be wrong. I thought he had already been here

Posted

brockers has nothing to do with it. i'm basing it off comments i have seen from real teams. real scouts. real players. not hacks with a twitter account, bloggers, and media guys on NFLN and ESPN.

i've seen comments from team employed scouts and execs saying that events like the combine and pro days play at most only 10-20% of their decision. It just isn't the factor in making decisions that people believe it is.

i love the idea of brockers, but i honestly couldn't care less if it was brockers (who had a meh combine) or poe (who had a stellar combine) or cox (who had a great combine but isn't nearly as hyped as poe or brockers).

I agree with you 100% that it is not a significant factor in the decision. I believe that a really good combine or a really bad combine is merely used as one data point for a team to maybe take another or harder look at a guy.

If his measurable and drills results do not support your original opinion or evaluation of the guy, you may take a longer and deeper look.

I don't want a DT at #9 because I don't see a game changer there. I think the players there are probably an upgrade, but not enough to warrant a first round pick.

I would rather pick up a CB, LB, or DE.

Posted

I could be wrong. I thought he had already been here
you could be wrong. i could be wrong. wouldn't be the first time for either.

some nerd will look it up at some point.

Posted

actually...with me...it would be a first

Posted

March 8th is actually my birthday. Not yours.

Posted

March 8th is actually my birthday. Not yours.

Damn, I have been celebrating the wrong day for 44 years.

Posted

Damn, I have been celebrating the wrong day for 44 years.

Blame your parents, not yourself.

Posted

:party:

3 Days until Brockers comes to Charlotte!!!

Posted

6'5 1/2" 322lbs 54tackles, 10TFL, 2sacks, 1INT, 1FF, 1 Blocked Kick

:party::party:

2 Days until Brockers is in Charlotte!!!

Posted

6'5 1/2" 322lbs 54tackles, 10TFL, 2sacks, 1INT, 1FF, 1 Blocked Kick

:party::party:

2 Days until Brockers is in Charlotte!!!

given our needs and the players likely to be available at #9, I woudl not be surprised if over a dozen players were brought in.

DT, DE, OT, LB, CB are ALL viable options with the #9 pick.

Posted

given our needs and the players likely to be available at #9, I woudl not be surprised if over a dozen players were brought in.

DT, DE, OT, LB, CB are ALL viable options with the #9 pick.

i don't know about a dozen. the reason you have someone like brockers brought in is because you can't really tell enough from the tape. you can tell that he has a lot of upside and potential and that he progressed really well for being so new at the position, but you want to talk to the guy...see how he does on the board, how coachable he is, take him on the field...just really kick the tires.

some players you can tell by watching tape and noticing several years worth of production what they can do. not really a lot of reason to bring them in.

i agree that there are quite a few viable options, though.