Photo
- - - - -

Brees Refuses to Sign Franchise Tender, "Livid" With Saints Org

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
223 replies to this topic

#217 Snake

Snake

Rivera did What???

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 09 March 2012 - 08:15 AM

I have a feeling that contact was not all that great as they are making it out to be. The saints franchise is known for not taking care of players and just being a downright shitty franchise as well.

#218 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

I Mean He Was Found Guilty

Jerry Richard$on and Gettledouche apologist

SUPPORTER

Posted 09 March 2012 - 08:39 AM

ugh you guys drew brees basically refusing to play for the saints is obviously all part of genius wizard mickey loomis' master plan

#219 breezing2anotherSB

breezing2anotherSB

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 11 March 2012 - 12:07 PM

IRONY: Take Nicks and Colston away, and Brees is not as great as he is now. He is a short QB who is good when he has 3 pro bowl OL--mainly the 2 all-pro Guards in front of his munchkin butt keeping his vision clear. However, to maintain this luxury, they will have to pay their 2 guards around $15 million. Colston will want around $7 million or more. Brees wants $23 million. 4 players demanding $45 million per. Over 1/3 of the cap.

Do you realize how stupid of a comment that is? Nicks was a 5th round pick in 2008 Colston was a 7th round pick in 2006. Brees took the team to the NFC championship before Nicks was there and Colston was a rookie. Brees has shattered records with or without those two and they are both without a doubt made to look better because of Brees. You can fill in any top15 guard in the league and all of a sudden with Brees they become all pro. Sometimes the ignorance on the board is beyond belief.

#220 Doworksaysgotohellunc

Doworksaysgotohellunc

SWAG POINT OHHHHHHHHHH

• PipPip
ROOKIE

Posted 11 March 2012 - 12:16 PM

The fact that the saints wont be able to sign even an average wr or og once they are forced to pay breesus escapes you my friend. They will be rookies or league min guys.

#221 Wyank

Wyank

SENIOR HUDDLER

HUDDLER

Posted 11 March 2012 - 12:32 PM

The reason it is taking so long is because the Saints and Brees want to make sure it is designed in a way that has the smallest impact on the cap. Don't be surprised if you catch yourself saying "how did they do that?" after the deal is done. It will be incredibly creative and will allow Brees to make sure that he will be a Saint for the rest of his career and pay him among the best while at the same time will open up space for the resigning of key guys. That is what makes the Saints and Brees unique. Best front office combined with a QB that puts the city and winning above ego. Don't be surprised when the Saints sign Brees to a 8 year contract worth around $120 Million and $40 Mill of that in signing bonus. That would give them a very negligible hit and allow them the space to sign Nicks, Colston, Meach and the key defensive players.

fuging idiot.

#222 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

SUPPORTER

Posted 11 March 2012 - 12:41 PM

the next 40 years look grim...

#223 rico6

rico6

Shit.

HUDDLER

Posted 11 March 2012 - 02:05 PM

lol an 8 year contract. what the fug?

#224 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

I Mean He Was Found Guilty

Jerry Richard$on and Gettledouche apologist

SUPPORTER

Posted 11 March 2012 - 02:27 PM

Do you realize how stupid of a comment that is? Nicks was a 5th round pick in 2008 Colston was a 7th round pick in 2006. Brees took the team to the NFC championship before Nicks was there and Colston was a rookie. Brees has shattered records with or without those two and they are both without a doubt made to look better because of Brees. You can fill in any top15 guard in the league and all of a sudden with Brees they become all pro. Sometimes the ignorance on the board is beyond belief.

so i guess you've given up the "Nicks has said he wants to stay" angle