Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

The Braves

355 posts in this topic

Posted

Lets go Bravos!!!!!!

Posted

The Gattis HR trot may be one of my favorites of all time.

Posted

I'm partially worried about the amount of homers the Braves are hitting. I'm kind of nervous that if they go through a longball drought, how will they score?

Posted

I'm partially worried about the amount of homers the Braves are hitting. I'm kind of nervous that if they go through a longball drought, how will they score?

Presumably the people hitting homers would be hitting singles and doubles.

Posted

I fully expect the team to go through their struggles at some point, but even with BJ, Jason and Dan struggling, Upton, Gattis and Johnson have been red hot, and as long as it balances out like that, our pitching will keep us in more games that not.

We will surely see some games the Braves don't score a run, but in those low scoring contest they are never out of it. Our starters outside of Julio have been ridiculous. Unfortunately, he reminds me of Mike Minor from as little as two years ago...catching way too much of the plate and not keeping the ball in the yard. The good news is Minor turned that around quick, but Julio may need some more time in AAA. The problem is there isn't much to replace him with yet.

On the bright side, Freeman looks to be back in Colorado (what's the over under of HR's in that series?) and McCann will be starting a rehab stint soon. Avilan may even miss DL time. Venters back probably sometime after the All-Star Break and Beachy may solidify the 5th starter at the end of the year if it's still on shakey ground.

Braves are currently first in HR's at 29, Justin Upton leads all players. Chris Johnson currently has the highest batting average of all eligible players. Ok trade I suppose.

Braves also have the lowest ERA in the majors. Hudson goes for win 200 in a cold and nasty night in Pittsburgh.

Posted

Presumably the people hitting homers would be hitting singles and doubles.

One would hope that would be the case. Usually strikeouts come from power swings instead of contact swings. I'm still a bit uneasy about the number of strikeouts, but I'm confident that Gonzalez will keep them on track.

Posted

One hit thus far, my fears have come to true.

Posted

Now look at what you've gone and done!

Posted

Now that was a beat down.

Posted

losing back to back to the fuging pirates. disgusting

Posted

I don't know what it is about the Pirates, but they always seem to have the Braves number. They actually have been playing really good baseball against the Reds, Cards and now the Braves. Guess they have not entered colapse mode yet.

At least the Nats continue to struggle with those errors, Mets actually look pretty competitive early in the year.

I hope Freeman brings his hot bat back in a cold (and snowy?) series in Denver.

Posted

The Pirates are always competitive until the All-Star Break.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0