259 replies to this topic

#61 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,380 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:05 PM

Gave up a lot and still came out ahead. Great trade if Justion returns to 2010 form.

#62 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,614 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:08 PM

Gave up a lot and still came out ahead. Great trade if Justion returns to 2010 form.

2011 form is fine with me.

#63 Joscott

Joscott

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 987 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:24 PM

Wow, and we still didn't give up Teheren or even Gattis? Wren nailed that, we were likely to lose Prado anyway in free agency next year. Love the guy, but the braves get the best out of that trade.

#64 Johnny Rockets

Johnny Rockets

Mayor of Awesomeville

• HUDDLER
  • 6,171 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:57 PM

With Chipper gone, Prado was going to be the glue that held the Braves together. My dad always told me you can't put a price on good glue. The Braves will fall apart quicker than Charlie Sheen in a crack house......

Ok, well maybe not but I am a Phillie's fan and I don't have to like this trade one bit....

#65 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,380 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:57 PM

2011 form is fine with me.

I fully expect him to return to his 2010 form or close to it. Johnson should replace the production left from Prado and will take over the Third base spot.

That's two guys that should hit for 280-290 and around 15-20+ HR with around 70 RBI's each with Johnson probably scoring around 40-50 runs and Upton in 110 range. Add in 20 SB's to that.

Upton, Upton and Heyward might be the best outfield in MLB and is very young and under contract for a while.

#66 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 12,449 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:59 PM

This was a very smart and very good trade. Wren did an amazing job.

#67 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

• HUDDLER
  • 12,449 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:03 PM

Now put a package together and treade for Headley from San Diego

#68 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

• HUDDLER
  • 12,449 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:03 PM

Now put a package together and treade for Headley from San Diego

#69 RedMage138

RedMage138

YES!YES!YES!

• HUDDLER
  • 2,533 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:08 PM

Upton, Upton and Heyward might be the best outfield in MLB and is very young and under contract for a while.

Posted Image

#70 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,614 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:32 PM

I fully expect him to return to his 2010 form or close to it. Johnson should replace the production left from Prado and will take over the Third base spot.

That's two guys that should hit for 280-290 and around 15-20+ HR with around 70 RBI's each with Johnson probably scoring around 40-50 runs and Upton in 110 range. Add in 20 SB's to that.

His 2011 form was great, it was only 2012 form that was lacking, from the injured thumb. That was all I was pointing out.

#71 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 14,337 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:00 PM

I just got a boner thinking about the Braves outfield next season. Not ashamed, walking around proud with it.

#72 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

• HUDDLER
  • 12,449 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:02 PM

Braves raped Arizona so hard in this trade. Chris Johnson is an awesome player locked up through 2017. Very similar to Prado but with more power. I think between him and Fransisco a starter will emerge to be full time 3B.

#73 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

• HUDDLER
  • 12,449 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:02 PM

Braves raped Arizona so hard in this trade. Chris Johnson is an awesome player locked up through 2017. Very similar to Prado but with more power. I think between him and Fransisco a starter will emerge to be full time 3B.

#74 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,614 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:09 PM

Well, umm no, on the Chris Johnson part. His bat is similar, with a lower average, but his defense is fuging awful. He's literally been the WORST third baseman, in defensive metrics, each of the last three years. Think Troy Glaus in 2010 bad.

#75 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

• HUDDLER
  • 12,449 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:35 PM

Well, umm no, on the Chris Johnson part. His bat is similar, with a lower average, but his defense is fuging awful. He's literally been the WORST third baseman, in defensive metrics, each of the last three years. Think Troy Glaus in 2010 bad.

whatevs. I don't give 2 fugs about defensive metrics. I'm talking about with a bat, he is very similar. Average is in the same ball park as Prado's. Besides he can be a back up first baseman. You don't have to be Ozzie Smith to play first. Or 3rd really. He will be serviceable. I understand that he is nothing more than a good utility man off the bench. Terd or Salcedo is the Brave's future 3B anyways.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com