Photo
- - - - -

Panther Nation....

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
46 replies to this topic

#41 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

Moderators

Posted 08 March 2012 - 03:03 PM

Thank you so much P8192 for posting that.

I didn't know what was going on the first 3 times I saw the video being posted up on my timeline. And of course, as a result of just finishing undergrad, my timeline was flooded with armchair activists feeling they were doing their part. So, I finally clicked on the awesome looking still of the Earth in deep space.

I was immediately turned off by the uber-cool, "hey look at me, I'm a philanthropist!," bohemian-hipster vibe emanating from this Russell character from the get go. I just wanted him to shut the f*ck up. But the video was so well done, I continued watching.

I watched the whole thing, and for a split second in the middle, I felt like I had to do something. By the time it was over, I lost my motivation. Why? Because I too questioned the sincerity of his "movement." It felt tacky to me.

Why am I gonna send a few bucks to your site where after that, I have no idea where it goes (although most likely quite a bit of it goes in his pocket considering he can just make movies and go to Africa for a living)? I get a trendy looking bracelet? Cool. I get awesome looking posters to vandalize my city with? Awesome. But what are we really doing here?

Ultimately, I felt like it was a great guise for this dude to make money. Something just didn't sit well with me, but I wasn't quite sure what it was.

I didn't re-post it on facebook like 100 of my other friends but thought about it over the last few days. What kept striking me was this "peace" he talked about achieving and how all-too-conveniently accessible the politicians and celebrities involved seemed to be. It's not realistic. And if it is, I question why... This country is full of its own problems and in our two-party system, one party is always looking for something to bite the others head off about... Yet, they get behind this when the supposed villain has already went into hiding?

I felt guilty for a day or so because I've been feeling like I need to get involved in some type of service work. I need to do more selfless acts and help others. I feel it is a flaw about myself I want to improve. So this irritated me everytime I logged on facebook and saw this. Now, I don't feel so bad. There was a reason I didn't jump in with the crowd and spam the sh*t out of it... It's not legit and no one is changing anything by sitting on their ass at home and posting some lame ass video so another guy can sit on his ass, whether it be here or in Africa and make money off of it.

It's bullsh*t.

#42 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

Keep Pounding...all the way to...the draft! :D

SUPPORTER

Posted 08 March 2012 - 04:16 PM

Didn't Joseph Kony play for the Saints last year?

Yes he did. He was a shut down corner. He called his area of work, Kony Island.

#43 csx

csx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 08 March 2012 - 04:26 PM

People watch one thing on Facebook, without any knowledge of the situation whatsoever, and act all self righteous. If it wasn't so sad it would be funny.

http://thedailywh.at...ef=newpromocopy

#44 kman72

kman72

Sports Maniac

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 08 March 2012 - 04:45 PM

bad situation thats been goin on for years... unfortunatly nothing will be able to stop it

#45 4Corners

4Corners

2014 Huddle Poster of the Year.

HUDDLER

Posted 08 March 2012 - 04:51 PM

Posted Image

#46 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

Keep Pounding...all the way to...the draft! :D

SUPPORTER

Posted 08 March 2012 - 04:51 PM

Also, fug you guy that created this campaign and fuged up the song "I can't stop." By flux pavillion, that used to be one of my favorite songs.

#47 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

HUDDLER

Posted 08 March 2012 - 04:53 PM

whole lotta smug goin on in here.