• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 nctarheel0619

nctarheel0619

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 03:58 PM

Appearing on SportsCenter Thursday, ESPN 980 Washington's Chris Russell said he's "hearing" free agent Peyton Manning does not want to play for the Redskins and has already informed people in the building.
"A couple of different sources inside the organization have told me that Manning's camp made it pretty clear to Redskins officials he doesn't want to come here," said Russell. "... Unless that changes -- and I'm taking my sources at their word -- I don't think Manning's coming to D.C." The Redskins had hoped to make an aggressive offer to Manning, per the Washington Post, but there won't be much they can do if the feeling isn't mutual.

I don't know how North Carolina Skins fans continue to support this horrible team.

Edited by nctarheel0619, 08 March 2012 - 04:01 PM.

#2 rainwater

rainwater

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 03:59 PM

This is the wrong forum for this. Anyways, he will most likely go to an AFC team unless it is Arizona.

#3 nickzz

nickzz

o

• HUDDLER
  • 2,798 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 03:59 PM

who would?

#4 Dollar Store Dave

Dollar Store Dave

Formerly Know As Ruff

• HUDDLER
  • 6,975 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 04:00 PM

He doesn't fit Shanahan's offense. When will people accept that?

#5 nctarheel0619

nctarheel0619

• HUDDLER
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 04:00 PM

My bad on the wrong forum. Mods can change it.

#6 iamcline

iamcline

Thou shalt not spilleth thy Red Bull!

• HUDDLER
  • 2,660 posts
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Posted 08 March 2012 - 04:01 PM

He doesn't fit Shanahan's offense. When will people accept that?

No one fits that offense.

#7 TruCatzFan

TruCatzFan

Phil 4:13

• HUDDLER
  • 6,470 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 08 March 2012 - 04:02 PM

What offense?

#8 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 15,190 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 04:04 PM

One thing that Marshall Faulk said on NFLN yesterday that I hadn't ever really thought about and it actually shed a lot of light on Eli's situation when he was drafted...

Marshall said you can go ahead and rule out any and all NFC teams because Peyton doesn't want to do anything to deprive Eli of the opportunity to get to the Superbowl. He said they look at it like the Harbaughs... They don't want to do anything to impede the other from getting there... Now, once they get there, it's a great time for the family because someone is going to win it, and they're happy with that.

He said this was the main reason Eli refused to go to San Diego and asked them not to pick him. Not because he thought NY was any better of a football organizaiton or city, but because Archie didn't want them having to compete against each other in the same conference and possibly stop one another from reaching the Super Bowl.

#9 Dollar Store Dave

Dollar Store Dave

Formerly Know As Ruff

• HUDDLER
  • 6,975 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 04:04 PM

No one fits that offense.

With the exception being John Elway.

#10 OneBadassCat

OneBadassCat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,082 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 04:13 PM

One thing that Marshall Faulk said on NFLN yesterday that I hadn't ever really thought about and it actually shed a lot of light on Eli's situation when he was drafted...

Marshall said you can go ahead and rule out any and all NFC teams because Peyton doesn't want to do anything to deprive Eli of the opportunity to get to the Superbowl. He said they look at it like the Harbaughs... They don't want to do anything to impede the other from getting there... Now, once they get there, it's a great time for the family because someone is going to win it, and they're happy with that.

He said this was the main reason Eli refused to go to San Diego and asked them not to pick him. Not because he thought NY was any better of a football organizaiton or city, but because Archie didn't want them having to compete against each other in the same conference and possibly stop one another from reaching the Super Bowl.

If true that's pretty arrogant sh1t. But I guess that's why they are in the NFL.

#11 CCS

CCS

Glutton for heart break and punishment

• HUDDLER
  • 3,362 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 04:16 PM

I was getting ready to ask why he wouldn't go to an NFC team. I always thought that Archie didn't want Eli to be a Charger just because he thought it was run by assholes though.

#12 megadeth078

megadeth078

hate hate hate

• HUDDLER
  • 4,035 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 08 March 2012 - 04:18 PM

I guess beggars can be choosers.

#13 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 24,967 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 04:18 PM

Peyton wants to stay in the AFC...he is doing that clearly out of respect for his brother. Last place he would go is to his brothers division.

#14 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,826 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 08 March 2012 - 04:29 PM

What offense?

You know the one....the one that Shanahan claims is ALREADY a playoff calibre offense.:eek:

#15 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,826 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 08 March 2012 - 04:30 PM

I am perfectly happy with him keeping his ass in the AFC.

Woiuld rather him not improve an NFC team that we have to compete against.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com