143 replies to this topic

#76 Wither

Wither

Relatively Unknown Poster

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,215 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 08:44 PM

Haven't heard from her in 10 years, so I seriously doubt she stopped at three. For all I know, she might have been married to another huddler. :)

Not surprising. I'm sure a few huddlers would gladly give up their spouses though.

#77 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• HUDDLER
  • 10,474 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 08:48 PM

ya'll just forget I ever mentioned anything..I'm obviously in the minority and no one understands what I'm talking about

My wife and i have separate accounts too.

#78 PantherBrew

PantherBrew

Educated White Trash

• HUDDLER
  • 6,032 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 08:49 PM

Have dinner at nice restaurant called Charleston Grill, http://www.charlestongrill.com/ it's a 4 diamond, fine dining restaurant downtown. After dinner, if you walk out onto King Street, ther is an old style movie theater directly across the street. I was gonna have them write, (Kate Upton) will you marry me? on it. Then when she sees it, be on one knee...

http://t1.gstatic.co...9Wd6P5-9W3bLNm3
You can call 843-722-4900, that's charleston place hotel, which runs events at the theater, they are in controll of the sign.

Good luck!

P.s. if she says no, at least you now know there are some lonely huddlerz out there that would take care of her, lol!

Does the theater normally do stuff like this? This is something she would love.

Thanks for the info man. I am very intrigued by the possibilities.

#79 Boner Champ

Boner Champ

Future Training Camp MVP

• HUDDLER
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 08:51 PM

Ok, so you want to propose in Charleston?
Well my friend, you are in luck. 4 years ago, I proposed, now we are happily married with a newborn...good times amigo. Back to the luck part...I am going to give you my "plan" for proposing in Charleston, as I have been living here for 8 years and I know everything. I spent 2 months planning this, however, a week after I bought the ring, I pulled the car over on the side of the road and poped the question (I was really anxious, and couldnt wait!)
My plan was this.
Have dinner at nice restaurant called Charleston Grill, http://www.charlestongrill.com/ it's a 4 diamond, fine dining restaurant downtown. After dinner, if you walk out onto King Street, ther is an old style movie theater directly across the street. I was gonna have them write, (Kate Upton) will you marry me? on it. Then when she sees it, be on one knee...

http://t1.gstatic.co...9Wd6P5-9W3bLNm3
You can call 843-722-4900, that's charleston place hotel, which runs events at the theater, they are in controll of the sign.

That restaurant and theater are right in the middle of everything, tons of cool places to walk around and take pictures, etc....

I would suggest staying at the Holiday Inn, which is located right across the river, it's a $5 cab ride from downtown, and the rates will be much cheaper than any hotel in the historic district. It's known as the tall round holiday inn, 556-7100.

Good luck!

P.s. if she says no, at least you now know there are some lonely huddlerz out there that would take care of her, lol!

Ohh, and in case you are wondering, this has never been done before, this was my original plan. In other words, you will not be doing something everyone else does when they want to propose in Charleston...for that goto the battery...

#80 SOJA

SOJA

King McNutt 2016

• HUDDLER
  • 9,157 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 08:53 PM

First) congrats man that's awesome!!

Second)I was going to say I know Hotsauce knows a lot about Charleston so I would ask him, but clearly he has already helped

Third) Posted Image

you should fap before every important life decision

#81 Boner Champ

Boner Champ

Future Training Camp MVP

• HUDDLER
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 08:54 PM

Does the theater normally do stuff like this? This is something she would love.

Thanks for the info man. I am very intrigued by the possibilities.

Yes they will...you may have to ask them to rent the space for a couple of hours...just tell them that you are planing on eating at their restaurant in the hotel (Charleston Grill) and they should either do it for free or charge you a little cash...

If you do this, let me know, I have always hoped I could pass this on to someone!

#82 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• HUDDLER
  • 22,744 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 08:55 PM

I used to stay at that Holiday Inn all the time when I was in town on business, it's great -

or as an alternative try the Shem Creek Inn, much cooler view

#83 PantherBrew

PantherBrew

Educated White Trash

• HUDDLER
  • 6,032 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 08:57 PM

Yes they will...you may have to ask them to rent the space for a couple of hours...just tell them that you are planing on eating at their restaurant in the hotel (Charleston Grill) and they should either do it for free or charge you a little cash...

If you do this, let me know, I have always hoped I could pass this on to someone!

Man, this is really a possibility.

And it would be amazing.

Thanks for all the advice. I may be messaging you again soon when the plans get closer. I plan on doing it the week after easter, so it is getting close.

Thanks a lot man.

#84 Boner Champ

Boner Champ

Future Training Camp MVP

• HUDDLER
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 09:00 PM

Man, this is really a possibility.

And it would be amazing.

Thanks for all the advice. I may be messaging you again soon when the plans get closer. I plan on doing it the week after easter, so it is getting close.

Thanks a lot man.

Glad to help ;)

#85 TheThrillIsGone

TheThrillIsGone

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 09:01 PM

Trade it in and give her a Nuva Ring instead.

#86 holderoftruth

holderoftruth

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 09:27 PM

Congrats Bruce!

I got engaged a week before thanksgiving. Without question the most nervous moment in my life even though I knew the answer.

#87 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 18,689 posts
  • LocationGreensboro

Posted 14 March 2012 - 02:38 AM

congrats! proposing is nerve-wracking as hell, especially if you're planning something big. but it's more fun that way :D

marriage is hard as hell even when you're perfect for each other. human beings are human beings and at our core we are self-centered. if you both strive to be absolutely selfless every day your marriage will be awesome.

and remember that no matter how attractive your girl is, there will always be some other girl who is hotter... chasing after them is fool's gold because you'll ultimately never be satisfied. stick with what ya got.

good luck!

#88 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,313 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 10:58 AM

how so? Obviously it works perfect for us..It may not work for everyone..but to keep some money separate is smart

I take care of bills..I let him know what I need..he transfers money to me..and I transfer money to him sometimes...I like to know how much money I'm working with..one debit card is all that's associated with my account..no one else spends on it..I know exactly what I have at all times..why is that bad?

oh wait..you're not married..what the hell do you know...come back to me after a few years

you know what bruce...I take back any advice I obviously don't know what I'm talking about, I am only just a woman...good luck and god speed.

Fwiw, I agree with you. My wife and I have seperate accounts, and it definitely works best for us. But I would say that each situation is different and every couple should do it in the way that works best for them.

#89 dimbee

dimbee

Rabble Rouser

• HUDDLER
  • 7,884 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 11:37 AM

Yay dimbee! I will be at a wedding on saturday as well! Have fun!!

Thank you m'lady!! :D

#90 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 17,978 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 14 March 2012 - 01:33 PM

We always stay at the Market Pavillion Hotel. It is right downtown on Market Street.

It is a little pricey, but the rooms and service are incredible.

They also have a fantastic rooftop bar that overlooks the Battery.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.