Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Panthers interested in Safety Steve Gregory

165 posts in this topic

Posted

man who the fug is steve gregory

Posted

A player does something good on special teams and his fellow players notice and congratulate him? wtf kinda behavior is this?

If the Panthers had plays like that on ST I think that might happen for the Panthers as well.

Posted

Did anybody seriously think we were going to go after any big name players? These are the mid level players you should expect to see signed in FA this year. The guy's an upgrade on ST and has the potential to start at Safety.

Posted

Dear Rivera,

BRANCH OUT. There are other teams. Yes, you don't know the players personally, but I bet some can play.

Posted

Did anybody seriously think we were going to go after any big name players? These are the mid level players you should expect to see signed in FA this year. The guy's an upgrade on ST and has the potential to start at Safety.

74 out of 86 isn't "mid level". I wouldn't mind the guy for depth/STs but there's more we need to do.

Posted

man who the fug is steve gregory

Starting SS from the Chargers last season. (per the NFL.com Depth Chart anyway)

67 Tackles (56 Solo, 11 asst)

1 INT for a TD (26yds)

6 yrs in the league from Syracuse

5' 11" 195lbs. 29 yrs old.

http://www.nfl.com/player/stevegregory/2506759/profile

that's all I got. LOL

Posted

i dont get why ppl are getting all salty about the chargers players. if rivera has a history with them and knows they are hard workers and great role players that we can bring in for cheap then by all means lets do it!

we have star power across the board on this team, on offense and defense. we need depth to prevent injuries, have reliable special teams (thatll be a first), and in case of injuries.

remember how dominant the chargers had been in the past? putting up crazy win% over the past 5 or 6 years? maybe the coordinators and all the key role players essentially decided that turner was a moron and rivers couldn't get it done, so they all agreed to take their talents elsewhere.

I think most of us are just cynical to the fact he keeps bringing in Chargers players. But if everyone would stop and think about it - which team had the #1 defense with Rivera as DC again? So, I ask... why not?

Posted

it's not like we're signing that entire #1 defense. we're looking at their castoffs, big difference.

Posted

74 out of 86 isn't "mid level". I wouldn't mind the guy for depth/STs but there's more we need to do.

I'm totally agree. We're at a point where the division is ours for the taking. Atlanta is still trying to figure out their identity and the Aints are in total disarray, having one of the worst offseasons in recent memory.

The Bucs signings seem to be definitely putting pressure onto Hurney and the group. While they're vastly improving, we're bringing in guys to bolster the special teams, which can be easily done through the draft if you have a special teams coordinator who knows what the hell is going on (and I'm not sure Brian Murphy does...)

If I was the Panthers, I would let it leak that we're at least talking to a huge name free agent, just to quell the frantic fans. Even if it wasn't true, it'd be enough to calm people down, let them breathe, and take some pressure away from the front office.

Posted

We're obviously working on special teams..

Posted

it's not like we're signing that entire #1 defense. we're looking at their castoffs, big difference.

Gregory was the full time starter the last few years Rivera was in San Diego. That's gotta count for something.

Posted

most are better than Godfrey as well.

or are you one of those guys who blames Lucas, then Marshall, and then have a new reason why he is consistantly such a horrible tackler in the open field. Yeah, he has potential....and if he gets to the reciever before he becomes a runner fumbles have occured but he is still one of the weakest S in the NFL if based off play (instead of potential)

Yea no reason to blame two guys who set the NFL on fire after they left. :rolleyes5: