271 replies to this topic

#121 Crixtala

Crixtala

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,788 posts
  • LocationAsheville

Posted 17 March 2012 - 11:02 PM

can't believe the statement 'DWill is washed up' has been thrown out there several times in this thread. that's just asinine. we have two EXTREMELY talented backs, don't let your love for one make you delusional.

#122 megadeth078

megadeth078

hate hate hate

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,063 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 17 March 2012 - 11:06 PM

can't believe the statement 'DWill is washed up' has been thrown out there several times in this thread. that's just asinine. we have two EXTREMELY talented backs, don't let your love for one make you delusional.

If he can't get majority of the snaps with his contract, then what is he?

#123 Crixtala

Crixtala

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,788 posts
  • LocationAsheville

Posted 17 March 2012 - 11:08 PM

dollar signs don't dictate a players abilities...

#124 megadeth078

megadeth078

hate hate hate

• HUDDLER
  • 4,063 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 17 March 2012 - 11:09 PM

so he's a fraud? that's not a nice thing to say about our starting running back. I question your love for this team.

#125 Crixtala

Crixtala

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,788 posts
  • LocationAsheville

Posted 17 March 2012 - 11:19 PM

Who said he's a fraud...? I'm starting to wonder whether you know what 'washed up' and 'fraud' mean...

#126 Jangler

Jangler

that funky feeling to get you through

• HUDDLER
  • 47,821 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 11:22 PM

Peyton Manning is washed up.

too soon?

#127 megadeth078

megadeth078

hate hate hate

• HUDDLER
  • 4,063 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 17 March 2012 - 11:24 PM

Peyton Manning is washed up.

too soon?

he's so bad he's not even on a football team. Must be true.

also, can you find a hotter pick of hayden? this one's doing nothing for me.

#128 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

__YOU CAN'T FIRE ME!__

• HUDDLER
  • 17,874 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 11:55 PM

If we cant sign Stew long term there is only one reason.

Posted Image

#129 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

__YOU CAN'T FIRE ME!__

• HUDDLER
  • 17,874 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 12:09 AM

so he's a fraud? that's not a nice thing to say about our starting running back. I question your love for this team.

Nice trolling but this goes all to Hurney obviously

#130 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

Freddy Frashbear

• HUDDLER
  • 14,661 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 12:22 AM

with all the fuging needs we have at other positions this is where we're looking to solidify, a position we already have 2 starters splitting time

Posted Image

#131 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

• HUDDLER
  • 6,753 posts
  • LocationGalveston

Posted 18 March 2012 - 12:23 AM

Reality is this....and I know many of you will reject this.

1st) Williams isn't going anywhere due to his contract.

2nd) Stewart isn't going anywhere either, unless we are offeered a 1st round pick. His cap # is low, and his role in the offense is arguably bigger than Williams.

3rd) Tolbert is known mostly for his special teams play (that is lost on most of you, evidently). He'd definately be the 3rd best back on the team, will a heavy role on special teams, unless/untill we lose one to injury.

He isn't even a Panther, and people are climbing out on some severely weak limbs.

#132 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

__YOU CAN'T FIRE ME!__

• HUDDLER
  • 17,874 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 12:38 AM

Reality is this....and I know many of you will reject this.

1st) Williams isn't going anywhere due to his contract.

2nd) Stewart isn't going anywhere either, unless we are offeered a 1st round pick. His cap # is low, and his role in the offense is arguably bigger than Williams.

3rd) Tolbert is know mostly for his special teams play (that is lost on most of you, evidently). He'd definately be the 3rd best back on the team, will a heavy role on special teams, unless/untill we lose one to injury.

He isn't even a Panther, and people are climbing out on some severely weak limbs.

Tolbert is known mostly for his Special Teams play.
Remove head from bunghole.

#133 cbarrier90

cbarrier90

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,826 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 12:50 AM

with all the fuging needs we have at other positions this is where we're looking to solidify, a position we already have 2 starters splitting time

Posted Image

Bingo.

Set your love of a particular RB aside and realize that this offense does not need 2 starter-quality RBs on the roster. The elite 2-back punch of Double Trouble is one of the last remnants of Foxball left in Charlotte, and I suppose it was so successful at times that it has some of us even today overrating a need for such a proficient rushing attack despite the fact that Chud's system has made the Panthers a passing team. There is only one football to go around, and Cam, DeAngelo, and a change-of-pace back would be more than enough to put forth a quality rushing attack. As someone mentioned earlier in the thread, you can't have record-setting passing and rushing offenses in the same year.

I would hate to see him go, but if an offer from a team in dire need of RB help is made that will give the Panthers a first rounder or help on the DL and secondary (TRUE needs for this team) I would send Stewart packing. He would command lots of value, so why not place that value in a position where this team is weak?

#134 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

• HUDDLER
  • 6,753 posts
  • LocationGalveston

Posted 18 March 2012 - 12:58 AM

So having a good passing attack eliminates the need of having a 2nd starting calibur back, despite the fact that running back is one of the most often injured position, and the shortest average career in the NFL.

That must be the reason many other teams in the NFL also use a multiback system, dispite their productive passing attacks.

Interesting.

On a serious note, both out top two backs can line up at receiver. Would have a better chance to do so, if there was another dependable back.

Is it a need? No, but improving special teams is a must! (See: need). If said player also addes more flexibility to the playmakers on offense, am sure chud would love to continue to improve upon the offense, while the team improves it's special teams.

I know, the panther fan base isn't use to having a good offense being improved upon along side special teams being an offseason priority...but maybe in a couple of years, y'all will come around.

#135 cbarrier90

cbarrier90

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,826 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 01:15 AM

So having a good passing attack eliminates the need of having a 2nd starting calibur back, despite the fact that running back is one of the most often injured position, and the shortest average career in the NFL.

That must be the reason many other teams in the NFL also use a multiback system, dispite their productive passing attacks.

I never said it completely eliminated the need, I simply said when compared with the many needs currently on this team, the dual-RB threat should be the least of the front office and coaching staff's worries.

Put it this way: Would you rather have a great RB who splits carries in this offense, or a great DT who impacts every snap on defense? Which one would better help this team succeed?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com