• Please log in to reply
126 replies to this topic

#106 Carolina Fan

Carolina Fan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 03:15 PM

if we make it through this weekend, i believe we will win it all... This is definatly our biggest hurrdle.

#107 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,358 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 21 March 2012 - 03:45 PM

uh ohhhh...

He got it taken off a few days early, so it's either looking really good or he don't care. If it was looking good, the main part of the healing process with the procedure he had is over. He'll be in a removable plastic splint the next few weeks, that he'll probably remove to play against NC st/Kansas.

#108 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,611 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 04:07 PM

).

He got it taken off a few days early, so it's either looking really good or he don't care. If it was looking good, the main part of the healing process with the procedure he had is over. He'll be in a removable plastic splint the next few weeks, that he'll probably remove to play against NC st/Kansas.

Just a few tidbits of supposition:

I guarantee he didn't have a cast on. Plaster splint (like a half cast) yes, cast no. Now likely in a removable plastizote (plastic) splint.

As far as playing football - quarterbacks and receivers would have a very tough time with playing after the surgery and likely wouldn't until the xrays showed the bone to be healed. Linemen are a different story.

Don Bynum is the UNC hand guy who did the surgery. Trained at Duke - residency and fellowship.

The team doc (Bobby Fraser, TJ Yates, Roy Williams) is Alex Creighton, who would likely communicate w/Bynum and Roy (and Tim Taft) about playing.

It does come down to what the Marshall family wants to do. I can't imagine any of the above medical staff would suggest that it's safe to play. Then again, it's up to the Marshalls to decide what to do with that info. A screw in the scaphoid does not make it stable in and of itself. A splint would not be enough additional support to protect if a fall occurred (or a hard contact or even a hard pass

#109 YoungPanthers89

YoungPanthers89

Lucy Snorebush

• HUDDLER
  • 10,806 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 21 March 2012 - 04:53 PM

if we make it through this weekend, i believe we will win it all... This is definatly our biggest hurrdle.

:blink:

#110 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 9,302 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 05:02 PM

My dad knows an orthopedist who is a big UNC fan, that guy said he doubted Kendall would be able to play this weekend, but maybe next. I know its not super-legit, because he isn't Kendall's doctor but that sounds pretty reasonable. We are going to need a huge weekend from Harrison Barnes if we want to advance. I'm not trying to sound pessimistic, just realistic by saying that Kendall was our most important player. Not many teams can claim they won a national championship with their most important player sidelined the week before the sweet 16.

#111 carolinarolls

carolinarolls

Mel's brother Del

• HUDDLER
  • 5,283 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 09:08 PM

will not play on Friday unless absolutely necessary. will suit up

will play on Sunday as long as there are no turns for the worse between now and then

definitely was in a hard plaster cast, is in a removable splint now

#112 Chaos

Chaos

@chaos_cltsports

• HUDDLER
  • 8,764 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 09:47 PM

Team doc's last name is Creighton? Fuggin crazy.

#113 weyco2000

weyco2000

• HUDDLER
  • 2,157 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 05:42 AM

It could be worse... like Larry Drew 2 as backup.

#114 Mother Grabber

Mother Grabber

Gettlemagic 2.0

• HUDDLER
  • 12,698 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 12:34 PM

Ohio, Kansas and NCSU are the three best teams left in the tourney?

#115 Carolina Fan

Carolina Fan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 02:21 PM

Ohio, Kansas and NCSU are the three best teams left in the tourney?

Marshal should be back if we make it past this weekend, and i think these games will be harder without him rather than playing better teams with him.

#116 Hugor Hill

Hugor Hill

It's not easy being drunk all the time

• HUDDLER
  • 2,144 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 04:36 PM

Stilman White with 2 monstrous dunks during warm-up drills!! Throw it down man! Haha! I think we'll be alright if Marshall doesn't play tomorrow, I have confidence in White and JWatts. We will need him on Sunday if we win though. i really don't want Marshall playing this game if he isn't feeling up to par.

#117 Boner Champ

Boner Champ

Future Training Camp MVP

• HUDDLER
  • 5,292 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 05:08 PM

I fuging love the Tarheels!

#118 Chaos

Chaos

@chaos_cltsports

• HUDDLER
  • 8,764 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 05:47 PM

watching on a very small screen - is that Hairston who keeps throwing them down off the backboard? If so, let's see that in the game, boss!

#119 Hugor Hill

Hugor Hill

It's not easy being drunk all the time

• HUDDLER
  • 2,144 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 05:57 PM

watching on a very small screen - is that Hairston who keeps throwing them down off the backboard? If so, let's see that in the game, boss!

Yup, PJ needs to do that in a game or at least try. Also, I didn't notice it earlier, but LMac was warming up with the team. has he been doing that alot or just recently? anybody know?

#120 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 9,302 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 07:15 PM

Yup, PJ needs to do that in a game or at least try. Also, I didn't notice it earlier, but LMac was warming up with the team. has he been doing that alot or just recently? anybody know?

I don't know for sure, but I would guess 'just recently' judging by inside carolina's twitter account they made it seem like him dressing out was a big deal

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.