Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

akaseinfeld

Panthers Agree With Tolbert On 4 Year Deal

422 posts in this topic

Steve Reed@SteveReed_AP

Agent Joel Turner says Tolbert "left more than $1 million on the table" to join Carolina because he was so excited about the fit.

I think Stew is safe.

This is why I believe that he is nothing more than Goodson's replacement, except that he will actually see the field. I'm willing to bet that Hurney left money to afford all our premier backs.

ST improves as well as Rb/Fb position. I'm very much ok with this.

Tolbert was a Starting caliber rb had 700+ yard with 11 touchdowns. You think he signed here to become a 3rd string rb and just become a 3rd down rb or fullback. Something is up.

I think we are just going to go with a three back rotation similar to a lot of teams.

I think this move was made because teams are asking about Stewart. Maybe Cleveland is willing to swap their 4 pick for our 9th pick and Stewart. That way we can get Claiborne with the 4th pick.

this move enables the panthers to move Stewart if they want to, but I don't see why they would want to at any point before next offseason. Tolbert will simplify game-day roster significantly and be a weapon in any number of ways.

Jason La Canfora@JasonLaCanfora

Also brings a lot of productivity to all special teams units. Could see some of Newton/Williams/Stewart/Tolbert all on field at once

I have a tingling in odd places.

This offense just got even more exciting. Cannot wait to see what Chud draws up with these guys.

If Stewart wants to test the free agent waters we just launched the first shot across the bow. This could be leverage to get him to seriously negotiate and signals if he doesn't, we will move on with what we have,

I want to see the details of the contract. Why are we wasting the few peanuts we do have for a "3rd" RB. Money could be well spent in other areas.

person makes it sound like Tolbert is insurance if we can't resign Stew next year.....oh boy

https://twitter.com/...766098918715392

Sounds like option is insurance in the event Panthers can't re-sign Jonathan Stewart, who is entering final yr od his contract.