Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Herbert The Love Bug

Major Bobcats Announcement Coming Soon?

272 posts in this topic

Sorry to disappoint some that want the name change, but there is no "major announcement" forthcoming. Per BobcatsPR on Twitter: B.J. Evans @BobcatsBballPR "FYI: a post on http://carolinahuddle.com indicating a big announcement is false. Trust this account and @bobcats for official info. about team." Now back to your regularly scheduled program.

LOL BigFurryKittyMan, you just Nike'd the Bobcats.

I consider myself like other here a pretty big Bobcats fan and supporter (Not too many people would be paying our team attention during this rough season). I order league pass to be able to watch my Bobcats in Texas and try to go to as many games as I can when I am back home. So, I am all for what is best for the team… Period.

Personally, I like our current logo, uniforms, and jerseys and I own a decent amount of bobcats gear so it would be my personal preference for things to stay the same if I just based it on me. But I want the team to be successful… I want as many fans and supporters as possible (even if they are only casual fans and not true bobcat fans as others has said (Just using others terms, not that I agree with it)). I think a name change will get more people behind the team right or wrong so that is what I am for. If most people want hornets, go with that… if most people want something knew… go with that…

It is clear from various polls online and listening to people they do not like Bob Johnson nor the team named after him and want a name change… It’s not a minority, but the majority. So lets do it. Whatever brings people on, because for me no matter the name/logo/owner I am going to support the home town team like most other hardcore bobcats fans… So do not worry about us, we will be fans regardless, but the team needs to get the casual on the fence fans aboard. My .02 cents.

2 people like this

Go downtown right now, you wont find one image of the Hornets on display. Not one! Bob Johnson saved Charlotte, and our "name" reminds people of that everyday. We're not called the Sterncats, we're not called the Hornets, we're called the Bobcats. Deal with it baby. 8 years and running.

michael-jordan-lol.gif

Nothing Bob did here compares to going on trial for rape and forcibly moving a sports franchise from our city. And yet folks like yourself still romanticize and hold allegiance to that man's business. Bob used to get all the blame for the arena, he deserves all the credit for its prosperity. He did far more good here than bad, but its that same "hillbilly" spirit as you call it that denies him that. Its OK though, Charlotte is known for that. Thats nothing new, and the people who matter know the real and support our founder and his vision.

Why won't you admit your racist views...? Shouldn't you be at a trayvon martin rally? Everyone hated shinn. I didn't dislike Bob Johnson but he wasn't a good owner at all and we are dealing with that now. Oh and you shouldn't like Bob either hes done the more for African American stereotypes than anyone. Watch his former business venture. BET is nothing criminial shows and "computer generated music" awards. You might be the most racist person on here just because your mom told you that you had to watch out for those whiteys all the time.

More race card pulling and crying while the real basketball fans of Charlotte and NC ride with our Bobcats. The more and more you bash Bob and Charlottes team the less and less chance of the Hornets history here remaining alive here. Bobs COULD preserve it, but you guys bash the founder, the team, and its supporters so much they have no incentive to help you. The Hornets will go the way of the Cougars because a bunch of fraudulent NBA fans felt they were too good to respect and support their city and states team. And take every opportunity to marginalize them while giving FREE PROMO to rival city New Orleans. Sellouts!

As far as I can tell, you all troll KT into mentioning race. You all should probably cut it out.

Also race doesnt really explain why KT like Bob Johnson more than MJ as an owner.

As far as I can tell, you all troll KT into mentioning race. You all should probably cut it out.

He is the one that brings it up 90% of the time. Half the time I go into a thread about the Bobcats and a bit of an argument breaks out, KT throws in his race card, specifically whenever you criticize his beloved Bob Johnson.

Because Bob is a better more proven businessman than MJ. He's not a "celebrity" tho, and that hurt him in this market. I think MJ can turn it around but to this point he's struggled and people sometimes dont hold him accountable for things because he's MJ.

Some peoples distate for our founder is stronger than their love of basketball. Im tired of people disrespecting the Bobs culture and history to prop up NO's team. My history. OUR history, whether you like it or not. 10, 20, 30 years from now downtown charlotte will be draped in orange and blue. The Bobs are firmly entrenched in our community. Anybody thats got an issue with that is welcome to cheer for somebody else. But we're not changing our identity and who we are because you are too weak to accept it. And I'd say the same thing about our Panthers.