Photo
* * * * - 5 votes

Major Bobcats Announcement Coming Soon?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
273 replies to this topic

#265 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 28 March 2012 - 02:57 PM

You are missing the point.

Not at all. What are you basing "attendance will double" on? And if thats the case why dont you guys raise some $$$? The Panthers and Bobcats both were able to raise money for their organizations. If you guys want the Hornets back, you need $$$ to be heard and respected. Or you can keep doing what you been doing which is begging Bob Johnson and Michael Jordan for handouts. You see how good its working so far right? You guys are so naive thinking the Bobs, the NO Hornets, and the NBA are just gonna do what you say because you live in this area. David Stern owns the Hornets NOW, and if you think he's gonna sabotagetwo of his franchises because a vocal minority of fans are ashamed they needed Bob Johnson's money to keep bball alive in Charlotte, you're mistaken.

#266 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

HUDDLER

Posted 28 March 2012 - 03:06 PM

Why are we still arguing about this?

No one cares what the name of the team is....all that fans care about is putting a winning product on the floor.

#267 John Morgan

John Morgan

NOT NEWB

• PipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 29 March 2012 - 11:53 AM

I agree with ya on the idea that winning is the most important thing, Hatter, but I have to disagree on the 'nobody cares' bit...this is the most viewed topic on the page right now, and the only thing close was started 3 years ago. Seems like a whole bunch of people care ;)

#268 Lyonheart47

Lyonheart47

NEWB

• Pip
ROOKIE

Posted 29 March 2012 - 06:21 PM

Anyone else think King Taharqa is nothing more than a contrarian jack***? I mean it's one thing to not support bring the name back but it's an entirely different thing to go out of your way to talk trash just for the sake of being annoying. Do everyone a favor and get a life that involves something other than spending all your time on a message board trying to get under peoples skin. Furthermore the NBA was coming back regardless of that egomaniac Bob Johnson, there were actually different ownership groups bidding on the rights to this franchise. Also to your argument that the Hornets name wouldn't help attendance numbers because it hasn't helped NO is the weakest argument I have ever heard. The reason it doesn't help NO is because it has nothing to do with the city, where as in Charlotte it's roots go back to the revolutionary war.

#269 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

HUDDLER

Posted 29 March 2012 - 08:15 PM

Screw your revolutionary war history. Only whine and cheesers care about that. Basketball fans of today arent caught up in BS that happened 250 years ago. As a native Charlottean im telling you, open an exhibit at mint museum if you wanna fawn over revolutionary battles. And leave the bball to REAL fans who are living in 2012 and not 1988. Nobody cares or is afraid of feminine honeybees.

#270 John Morgan

John Morgan

NOT NEWB

• PipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 30 March 2012 - 02:32 PM

Hey guys...hope as many of you as possible can join us at the game tonight!

Oh, hey...any body seen THIS?!? :D :D :D

http://sportsillustr...nets/index.html

#271 4Corners

4Corners

2014 Huddle Poster of the Year.

HUDDLER

Posted 31 March 2012 - 12:29 PM

MJ will be gone from Charlotte before the Bobs will.

I'd be happy with either leaving ASAP. Charlotte feels the same way.

#272 4Corners

4Corners

HUDDLER

Posted 31 March 2012 - 12:31 PM

Hey guys...hope as many of you as possible can join us at the game tonight!

Oh, hey...any body seen THIS?!? :D :D :D

http://sportsillustr...nets/index.html

"The most interesting decision of the new owner may be whether to rebrand the franchise. Will the "Hornets" nickname be relinquished and enabled to return to Charlotte, where owner Michael Jordan could rebrand his own underperforming franchise?"

Underperforming ins't quite the word I'd use to describe the pathetic bobcats.

#273 4Corners

4Corners

HUDDLER

Posted 31 March 2012 - 12:32 PM

Screw your revolutionary war history. Only whine and cheesers care about that. Basketball fans of today arent caught up in BS that happened 250 years ago. As a native Charlottean im telling you, open an exhibit at mint museum if you wanna fawn over revolutionary battles. And leave the bball to REAL fans who are living in 2012 and not 1988. Nobody cares or is afraid of feminine honeybees.

I'm surprised you're even aware of the Mint Museum. Didn't think you'd left West Blvd your entire life.

#274 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

HUDDLER

Posted 31 March 2012 - 03:23 PM

I'm surprised you're even aware of the Mint Museum. Didn't think you'd left West Blvd your entire life.

...says the guy who tells people he's from Charlotte, when he's really from Huntersville! Don't be ashamed of where you're from little man. If you grew up in a rural area, that's nothing to hide.