• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,029 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 20 March 2012 - 03:26 PM

Charlotte NBA history:

Owner George Shinn....shitty owner
Owner Bob Johnson....shitty owner
Owner Michael Jordan....shitty owner so far (hope he figures it out and brings some talent to this org).

That is all.

#92 AggieLean.

AggieLean.

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,180 posts
  • LocationChattanooga, TN via Winston-Salem, NC

Posted 20 March 2012 - 04:01 PM

What's wrong with being from Lumberton or Fayetteville, and why did you just so happen to name those cities?

#93 AggieLean.

AggieLean.

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,180 posts
  • LocationChattanooga, TN via Winston-Salem, NC

Posted 20 March 2012 - 04:04 PM

As for the name change; I'd be all for it I guess. In fact; I'm down for the Hornets or Cougars. That Cougar attire went hard in the paint. We gotta get some better players in here, though. It doesn't matter what we're called...we still suck.

#94 tarheelpride

tarheelpride

Logic is optional

• HUDDLER
  • 2,918 posts
  • LocationMiddle of Nowhere, NC

Posted 20 March 2012 - 06:31 PM

I'd prefer the Flight personally. Hornets are ok, but I kinda like the Flight name better

#95 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 20 March 2012 - 07:19 PM

The NBA brought a team back to Charlotte not Robert Johnson.

Lies. Why didnt they bring back the Hornets name then?

Without Bob Johnsons money we wouldnt have a team. Without Bob MJ isnt involved in this organization. Be mad at Shinn for assaulting that poor girl. He ruined it for you NO Hornets fans. Theyre never coming back and few people will remember they were here. I cant find a single purple wasp on display uptown. Only that beautiful orange and blue cat. Each year that passes they become more and nore a distant memory. 10 years and counting!

#96 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 20 March 2012 - 07:19 PM

Dp

#97 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 20 March 2012 - 07:20 PM

Dp

#98 Panthers128

Panthers128

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 5,283 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 08:33 PM

Major announcement? Are they moving the Bobcats to the D-League?

#99 PantherBrew

PantherBrew

Educated White Trash

• HUDDLER
  • 6,032 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 08:50 PM

Well I guess this settles it for now.

B.J. Evans @BobcatsBballPR

FYI: a post on http://carolinahuddle.com indicating a big announcement is false. Trust this account and @bobcats for official info. about team.

#100 Crixtala

Crixtala

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,666 posts
  • LocationAsheville

Posted 20 March 2012 - 08:52 PM

or BigFurryKittyMan just got fired

#101 wend28

wend28

NEWB

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 08:53 PM

Sorry to disappoint some that want the name change, but there is no "major announcement" forthcoming. Per BobcatsPR on Twitter: B.J. Evans @BobcatsBballPR "FYI: a post on http://carolinahuddle.com indicating a big announcement is false. Trust this account and @bobcats for official info. about team." Now back to your regularly scheduled program.

#102 wend28

wend28

NEWB

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 08:57 PM

Have the Bobcats ever had sold out crowd? I never felt the excitement/energy with the Bobcats as we did with Hornets. Maybe im grasping at straws hoping by bring Hornets name back home will give us keast half the excitement and energy we once had.

Yes, they have on many occasions. Not to the level of the Hornets, but they have. Especially during the 2009-10 season.

#103 Doyle

Doyle

Headed to the county line

• HUDDLER
  • 5,921 posts
  • LocationRiverboat Rivera

Posted 20 March 2012 - 09:00 PM

Lies. Why didnt they bring back the Hornets name then?

Without Bob Johnsons money we wouldnt have a team. Without Bob MJ isnt involved in this organization. Be mad at Shinn for assaulting that poor girl. He ruined it for you NO Hornets fans. Theyre never coming back and few people will remember they were here. I cant find a single purple wasp on display uptown. Only that beautiful orange and blue cat. Each year that passes they become more and nore a distant memory. 10 years and counting!

Because they were in N.O. Bob Johnson was only 1 of several potential owners. If he didn't buy the franchise someone else would have.

#104 beach

beach

|~~~~|

• HUDDLER
  • 8,695 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 09:28 PM

Either way...funny thread

I grew up on the Hornets around a die-hard Chicago sports family...moved to Charlotte when I was a toddler and had season tickets almost every season from inception. Loved the BBQ at the games, Buzz, the damn fan noise meter, endured the Bobby Phills tragedy at a pretty young age, gotta see Mugsy & Larry too many times to count...it was just awesome.

Went to "pick" out my first Bobcats seats in person at the old Coliseum and that was literally it for me before they even played a game. Shin was a complete d*ck but he at least had it right for the first half of his run. This Bobcats thing beginning from the name "vote" to the damn season ticket choosing was terribly run and they had NO idea how to market for a evolving transplant SE-US city.

If they honestly can figure out a legit cost-benefit analysis of this situation, I'd support the Hornets coming back but I'm not a huge proponent for it because I love history but drive for the future. Its seems cliche but I'm just indifferent at this point. THe Bobcats have been here for 10 years and I'm back with my family's true colors hockey & basketball wise.

#105 Panther4Ever

Panther4Ever

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 09:31 PM

Sorry to disappoint some that want the name change, but there is no "major announcement" forthcoming. Per BobcatsPR on Twitter: B.J. Evans @BobcatsBballPR "FYI: a post on http://carolinahuddle.com indicating a big announcement is false. Trust this account and @bobcats for official info. about team." Now back to your regularly scheduled program.

Nice try, B.J.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users