Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Luke Kuechly Visiting Carolina

150 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Kuechly Walter football interview

http://walterfootball.com/draftinterview_lukekuechly.php

Posted · Report post

I wouldn't be surprised if we drafted him given our obsession with backs (line and running)
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Definitely wouldn't be mad at this pick if Mo doesn't fall to 9. Probably the most sure pick on defense at that point.
Just wish there was a clear cut dominate tackle available at 9. Poe & Brockers are both a crapshoot, but Cox probably won't be available in the 2nd.

Would like to trade down a few spots to get him, but the general consensus is that he won't be there past 15, maybe even past 12.

Posted · Report post

Oh this will get the Kuechly fan boys riled up again.

Posted · Report post

I cud see us drafting him at our pick.

Posted · Report post

[url="http://www.carolinahuddle.com/boards/topic/69467-luke-kuechly-interview/"]http://www.carolinahuddle.com/boards/topic/69467-luke-kuechly-interview/[/url]

Posted · Report post

[url=http://www.carolinahuddle.com/ipctest/index.php/index.html/_/carolina-panthers/luke-kuechly-visiting-carolina-r12]This post has been promoted to an article[/url]

Posted · Report post

I wonder if signing Garay and drafting Luke would be better than getting a DT. Lord knows whichever DT we draft won't be ready any time soon. There's no Kris Jenkins in this draft.

Of course, I'm always hoping for Claiborne.

Posted · Report post

Claiborne........must drop.

Posted · Report post

I'm not going to lie, I would be a fan of this happening. If and only if Claiborne does not fall and we don't trade down.

Posted · Report post

Bring in the white boy.

Posted · Report post

i'd take it.

Posted · Report post

I must be one of the only people who think this guy can play strongside 'backer...

Posted · Report post

Edit: Forget it.

Posted · Report post

If Claiborne doesn't fall, this should be our guy.

Posted · Report post

Kuelchy and Worthy and then a CB like Coryell Judie and my draft is completed.

Posted · Report post

Do not want. Visions of Aaron Curry.

Posted · Report post

I think 9 is too high for him.

Posted · Report post

Heard something about his scheme being set up for him to always be in position to make the tackle. I'm just wondering if we would all be so enamored with him if he had more pedestrian numbers. He doesn't bring much in the way of the pass rush. He has 1 sack and ZERO forced fumbles on his career. It makes me thing he played a conservative linebacker role...basically don't let anyone get past him but also don't try to pursue and make big plays either. I don't know if I like that. I think that he is worth a first round pick but it's going to be in the 25-32 range, not in the top 10 IMO.

But he could be a Dan Connor all over again...top rated linebacker falling to the 2nd-3rd round. I could definitely see that happening with this guy.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='BigFurryKittyMan' timestamp='1332221714' post='1695552']
I'm not going to lie, I would be a fan of this happening. If and only if Claiborne does not fall and we don't trade down.
[/quote]

Yep.

My preferences:
1. Claiborne falling to us....would be an early Christmas present (but just don't see it happening)
2. Coples available....take him.
3. Trade back and pick up a 2nd....coudl still get a very good defensive prospect and an extra pick
4. Draft Kuechly
5. Draft a CB other than Claiborne....Kirkpatrick
6. Draft a DT

Posted · Report post

[quote name='unicar15' timestamp='1332241167' post='1695643']
Heard something about his scheme being set up for him to always be in position to make the tackle. I'm just wondering if we would all be so enamored with him if he had more pedestrian numbers. He doesn't bring much in the way of the pass rush. He has 1 sack and ZERO forced fumbles on his career. It makes me thing he played a conservative linebacker role...basically don't let anyone get past him but also don't try to pursue and make big plays either. I don't know if I like that. I think that he is worth a first round pick but it's going to be in the 25-32 range, not in the top 10 IMO.[/quote]

Lester Towns (of course Lester wasn't a First Round pick)

Posted · Report post

9 is to high for him. and i cant see how you can spend 3 first round picks on LBs within 10 years and not address the other spots on the defense.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='unicar15' timestamp='1332241167' post='1695643']
Heard something about his scheme being set up for him to always be in position to make the tackle. I'm just wondering if we would all be so enamored with him if he had more pedestrian numbers. He doesn't bring much in the way of the pass rush. He has 1 sack and ZERO forced fumbles on his career. It makes me thing he played a conservative linebacker role...basically don't let anyone get past him but also don't try to pursue and make big plays either. I don't know if I like that. I think that he is worth a first round pick but it's going to be in the 25-32 range, not in the top 10 IMO.

But he could be a Dan Connor all over again...top rated linebacker falling to the 2nd-3rd round. I could definitely see that happening with this guy.
[/quote]

Just the opposite teams gameplanned to avoid him. He was the only good player on the team. He had to run sideline to sideline to make tackles. He also was an outside backer his freshmen year and was second in tackles in the country. He can run with wide receivers as well as TEs and running backs. He is as fast as Davis and quicker than Beason. He didn't pass rush, they played a zone coverage and he played in the secondary. With 4.5 speed and 27 reps in the bench press he is plenty strong to shed tacklers and rush the passer.

And you are misinformed if you think he goes 20-25. Some drafts having him going to KC at 11 and he doesn't get past Philly at 15 if he makes that far. Did Dan Connor win the Butkus Award for best linebacker in college and come in second as a sophomore to Von Miller ?? Comparing the two shows how little you know about him.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='DaCityKats' timestamp='1332249526' post='1695758']
9 is to high for him. and i cant see how you can spend 3 first round picks on LBs within 10 years and not address the other spots on the defense.
[/quote]
If he is fine for KC to pick at 11 he is fine for us at 9. You spend a third first rounder because the other 2 are coming off major injuries. If they were both 100% you wouldn't. No matter who you pick you can't account for injuries which are often freakish in nature.