#136 Dex

Dex

Gameday Menu Connoisseur

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,178 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 24 March 2012 - 01:19 AM

So we basically we need to win a Superbowl this year cause next year everyone is gone. Cool story bros.

#137 Pantherman

Pantherman

• HUDDLER
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 01:20 AM

The ONLY way Stew leaves, is if Stew wants to leave.

Or..We get an offer we can't ignore. But those things only happen to other teams.

Seriously, you have to know that Hurney has asked Stew if he wants to be here long term. If Hurney is confident in Stew wanting to stay. He is not going to lose Stew. If Hurnery is afraid of losing Stew. He just may entertain trade options.

The timing is perfect. With the new TV money coming right in time to resign Stew, and Smitty. And maybe even that fancy FA some of you are pining for.

With some luck we could sniff the Playoffs this year. Which is exciting in its own right. But, to me, next year is the year we establish ourselves as legitimate contenders. Round off all the rough edges this year. So we can finish the job next year.

The future is so bright, even my giddy is wearing sunglasses. And GOOOOO CATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you smoking something bro. Haven't you been reading these posts lately The money from the new TV deal will not take affect until 2014 season. 2 years left to go. So panthers will not have alot of money next year to pay Stewart a hugh amount of money.

#138 Pantherman

Pantherman

• HUDDLER
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 01:46 AM

We would be giving up one of the best running backs in the league to win now as if our team is anywhere near playoff caliber. What happens if someone does give us a second rounder? Our defense is fixed? We're going to the super bowl? No pick is worth giving up Stewart. We gave up a first rounder one season to get him, and now we're begging for a second/third? We gave Deangelo a ridiculous contract. Let's not make another mistake.

I can smell crack on you bro. You doing it to much right now. LOL But really dude. You saying next year is SB or bust for us. Then if no SB then Stewart walks anyway for nothing. Call BS on this one. I wheather trade Stewart and get a good second round pick to help us out on D in the draft. Instead of playing out Stewart rookie contract and allow him him to walk and panthers end up with nothing. Not a smart move.

#139 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 19,306 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 24 March 2012 - 02:26 AM

man it smells like retard in here.

all this is being based on nothingness. hurney is roundly criticized for being overly-loyal to players he drafts and all of a sudden half the panthers fanbase thinks he's going to get rid of one of his most successful players of all time at the ripe old age of 26.

not going to happen. and if it does it will be for such a reaping of picks/players you will forget your attachment to him so quickly your head will spin.

#140 megadeth078

megadeth078

hate hate hate

• HUDDLER
  • 3,993 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 24 March 2012 - 02:28 AM

So... if Stew chooses another team, wouldn't the consensus be we should have got something for him when we could have. Wouldn't that be a mistake

The D has been ignored as well as retarded picks and needs fixing, badly. Stew doesn't make or break our offense

Stewart doesn't make our offense? lol

Pay attention next season. Deangelo and Stewart aren't interchangeable.

#141 Baby Andy Reid

Baby Andy Reid

finally someone fatter than Alice

• HUDDLER
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 02:53 AM

Yes every second round pick is going to turn into jimmy clausen great point

Yea true it could also be keary colbert or eric shelton or richard marshall or dwayne jarrett or everette brown or sherrod martin or armanti edwards. The only good second round pick weve made since like 02 is ryan kalil. So you want to take a chance and trade stewart for any one of them??? Good call!!!!

#142 cotblock

cotblock

Don't Call Me Junior Member

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 335 posts
  • Location34.887133,-81.00769

Posted 24 March 2012 - 07:34 AM

Posted Image

#143 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • 4,584 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 24 March 2012 - 09:46 AM

I hate to say it but I am afraid the giant contract DWill received will lessen the chance we can extend Stew

#144 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 24 March 2012 - 09:54 AM

Trading Stew will be a mistake to fix another mistake.

#145 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 6,951 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 10:09 AM

Yea true it could also be keary colbert or eric shelton or richard marshall or dwayne jarrett or everette brown or sherrod martin or armanti edwards. The only good second round pick weve made since like 02 is ryan kalil. So you want to take a chance and trade stewart for any one of them??? Good call!!!!

stupid

just epically stupid

#146 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 6,879 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 10:54 AM

Stupid is keeping 3 RBs to split 20 carries a game, paying them 15% of the cap, while you need help at literally every defensive position.

Some of you think we should keep everyone regardless of cost because they are better than the alternative. With a cap, you have to balance your strengths. Overloading at one position is stupid.
Example? Stewart averages 5 yards per carry. An average NFL back averages 4. Since Stew gets 10 carries a game in this offense, we are +10 yards per game by keeping him. The equivalent of a holding penalty.
By not trading Stewart, we miss out on upgrading CB. The average CB has a 57% completion against number. The average NFL completion is nearly 10 yards. Munnerlyn's completion against was over 65%. The difference comes to three completions a game, or 30 yards.

Also take into account the offensive options we have with Tolbert in the game (how he is different from DWill) and the options we have that are different from DWIll with Stewart. Tolbert gives us more options in the passing game. Add a few yards there.

Now consider the fact that if we do not trade Stewart, he walks next season with no compensation.

Sure I love Stewart, but you have to look at the big picture. Trading stewart:
1. Gives us compensation for him that will help the defense--like CB
2. Gives us more variety on offense
3. Allows us to better adjust salary cap to the needs of our NEW offense--We do not need 2 elite RBs to carry the ball 20 times.

Personally, seeing this LAST YEAR is why I would not have re-signed DWill. However, since we did, this is Hurney's only way out.

#147 Baby Andy Reid

Baby Andy Reid

• HUDDLER
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 10:58 AM

How is it epically stupid to not want to trade a proven commodity for an unknown. Unless we can g et a Proven player or a first round pick, which we will not get! Just keep him for the year. One year of a great running back is worth more the unknown to me. Sorry i dont want to trade one of our best player in his prime for a fugin draft pick.

#148 Baby Andy Reid

Baby Andy Reid

• HUDDLER
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 11:06 AM

why are we not getting a compensation pick in next years draft? Ill take that plus Stew for a year over a third this year.

#149 Johnny Kilroy

Johnny Kilroy

Kilroy Kicks Butt

• HUDDLER
  • 5,648 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 11:20 AM

Let me preface this by saying that I don't really want to trade J-Stew. Love what he brings in not only the running game but also the pass game, protecting Cam and receiving out of the backfield. But if Hurney has no plans of re-signing him or finds it will be difficult then you seriously have to consider offers. Only the front office knows whats going through Stewart's mind and what they plan on doing after the season. To me it's not worth it to have him for one year knowing he'll be gone the next. But I am not sure that's the case.

But here it goes.

Not sure if Cincinnati still wants a RB with the signing of BenJarvus Green-Ellis but if they offered this trade would you go for it, I'd be inclined to seriously consider it.

Bengals offer 3rd pick + DE Carlos Dunlap for Jonathan Stewart.

#150 Actionman0z

Actionman0z

Strong Member

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,785 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 11:22 AM

Nobody trades a top 10 in the NFL 25 year old running back, for a second round draft choice, and to do it we would be stupid. We will keep Stewart regardless of the cost, and remember, him and Dwill are best friends, so Dwill WOULD restructure if necessary to help get stewart signed long term. Come on guys, give the FO a little credit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.