Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Panthro

Clover Removal

39 posts in this topic

I have clover patches growing around my yard and wanted to get the huddle green thumbs opinions on the best way to kill it off.

I've been told Weed and Feed but have no real experience in lawn-care besides mowing and weed whackign

our yard has poo tons of them too!!!...and the spectracide I sprayed all over them...did nothing to them...:(

I've had some good results with bayer advanced season long weed control for lawns.

The name is deceiving though, it most assuredly does not last all season.

I've dealt with this issue before. The common theme I run across is you have to replace the clover with grass. Overseed and fertilize the clover areas and grass should just replace the clover. Doesn't make a lot of sense, but I've seen it work.

I need something to that kills grub worms/ flying muthaflippin' beatles!!! godamnit I hate those things...they fly at me...try to kill me!!

and thanks Jase for the Bayer..I'll check it out

1 person likes this

Mexicans. Hire it out!!!!!

I alternate between Spectracide (which is the only one that I can find for centipedegrass) and Bayer. It does take a few applications a week or so apart...which I can't do right now since I'm reseeding this weekend.

I have this problem too

well that and my mower and weedeater are toast, my lawn is the laughing stock of the neighborhood

well, right behind me of course

Bayer is the devil. All of you are vile people for supporting them, I just wanted you to know. Sell your souls for a pretty lawn, for shame!!

• Sorry to see you leave

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle
    • I am a 3 percenter. I am white, married, no children, no debt. I have a pension for the rest of my life, and we have a couple retirement accounts to also use at some point. I own the home I live in, I built and own 50% of the house my in-laws live in and we have our place in Mexico.  If you think for one fugging second that anything Trump does effects my life from one day to the next, you are sadly mistaken.  That being said, I'm also a compassionate human being who cares about the quality of life for other human beings. I've been places and seen both the best and worst of how people live all over the world. The GOP has proven time and again over the past 40 years they couldn't give a sh!t less about blue collar, middle America. The working class for the GOP are nothing but the mules who lug their riches to the bank. The backs of the working class bore not only the labor that made assholes like Trump rich, but they are also the backs the GOP stand on to keep their feet from touching the bullsh!t they spew. While racism has always had its place in politics, the GOP has become very overt in their racism and have added that to the mix as well.  Sad part is, many naive, uneducated people who live in this country and who have been the forced labor in the GOP camp for the last 40 years are supporting such a regime. Why? Because they have no nuance for anything but the very basic and will believe the simpleton idea of "building a wall" before they'll try to educate themselves and become literate with the entire immigration reform issue. They'll buy into the anti-Muslim rhetoric and believe they are the terrorists despite the fact they should more afraid of the teenage white kid down the street who spends most of his time playing video games in the basement and reads Nazi blogs on his lunch hour in the high school cafeteria.      
    • @Mr. Scot   I am happy for the good, and sad for the bad, but, I do know you will do alright. Just keep your eye on the prize, and all will be well. You may be losing this family, so you've got that going for you.   Keep Pounding my friend. Keep Pounding.