105 replies to this topic

#1 x djdrew x

x djdrew x

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 02:23 PM

http://northcarolina...ll-to-NBA-67927

sad day for UNC basketball but we all expected this ....

#2 Hugor Hill

Hugor Hill

It's not easy being drunk all the time

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,120 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 02:26 PM

I expected Henson and Barnes, but I really thought Marshall would stay. But oh well, wonder how this affects McAdoo's plans now or if it does at all.

#3 Panthers128

Panthers128

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 5,283 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 02:27 PM

ACC will be up for grabs next season.

#4 x djdrew x

x djdrew x

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 02:29 PM

i would agree that JMM coming back will be huge for next year's squad. I think the kid is poised for an absolute breakout year.....just hope its not in the NBA, not yet at least.

#5 pOpCoRnPoPpEr

pOpCoRnPoPpEr

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,940 posts
  • LocationPrison

Posted 29 March 2012 - 02:29 PM

McAdoo should really go. He's the best Pro prospect of the bunch.

#6 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,928 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 02:34 PM

McAdoo should really go. He's the best Pro prospect of the bunch.

Are you basing this off of the last 3 weeks of the season or his high school career? Because he was awful for much of the year. Averaged a 6 and 4 shooting 43%

As for the players leaving- sucks, I would have liked to see them make a run with everyone healthy, but C'est la vie

#7 tarheelpride

tarheelpride

Logic is optional

• HUDDLER
  • 2,918 posts
  • LocationMiddle of Nowhere, NC

Posted 29 March 2012 - 02:36 PM

Would have loved for Marshall to stay

#8 Wanderlai

Wanderlai

• HUDDLER
  • 2,890 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 02:55 PM

sad way for them to go out....wounded. Didn't even make the FF. Good luck to them on the next level. Marshall could have been a Carolina legend. Roy had better have a plan and be able to execute it. There are a few big names left but that ship has sailed since therefore concerns about handlers with Shabazz and Noel.

#9 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 13,952 posts
  • Location704

Posted 29 March 2012 - 03:03 PM

Zeller, Barnes, Marshall, Henson, and Stillman White won't be w/ the team next year. Zeller, of course, is a SR and White will be on a 2 year mission trip. Surprised that Marshall is leaving but don't forget about McDonalds all-american Marcus Page coming in next season.

Personally, the Barnes move isn't that dissapointing. Very, very frustrating player to watch as a Tarheel fan. Was pound for pound the most gifted player on the court 90% of the games he played in. Scared to be great.

Carolina is still in good shape.

Leslie McDonald will be back after missing a year of basketball. (best shooter on the team)
Dexter Strickland returns.
McDonalds all american Marcus Paige joins the team.
PJ Hairston will see many minutes as well, and could even start.

The frontcourt, however, isn't as pretty as the gaurd situation.

We have McAdoo who is no doubt a super stud. Thank God he isn't leaving.
Reggie Bullock had an excellent ACC/NCAA tourney and looks like a sleeper second team ACC pick next season.
Carolina is also the front runner, as of now, to land UCONN transfer Alex Oreaki, who would start immediately.
Brice Johnson and Joel James also come to the team as VHT freshmen.

Oh, by the way, UNC has the #5 (ESPN #5/Rivals#8) recruting class in the nation.

Yall "heel fans" need to get a grip. We never rebuild. We reload, and I expect Carolina to be start off slow next year but hit the groove just like they always do and be in play for another deep NCAA tourney run.

32 wins and a consecutive trip back to the elite 8 is a season most teams would kill for. Sadly, it was a dissapointment for the heels.

Oh, by the way haters, right now UNC has the #1 nationally ranked 2013 recruiting class.

#10 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 13,952 posts
  • Location704

Posted 29 March 2012 - 03:07 PM

sad way for them to go out....wounded. Didn't even make the FF. Good luck to them on the next level. Marshall could have been a Carolina legend. Roy had better have a plan and be able to execute it. There are a few big names left but that ship has sailed since therefore concerns about handlers with Shabazz and Noel.

They were a broke wrist away from probably playing in the NC game. The biggest name left is Muhammad and Duke better fuging pray he commits there or they are in SERIOUS trouble next season.

You're rigt on the money about Marshall though. Dude could have went down as one of the top PGs ever for the heels and that's saying a lot.

This is college hoops though. Guys leave. Some schools handle it better than others.

#11 Hugor Hill

Hugor Hill

• HUDDLER
  • 2,120 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 03:10 PM

Well we don't really know if McAdoo is staying yet or not, plans can change at the drop of a pin. but if he does in fact stay, and we get that kid from UConn Oriahki or however you spell his name, i think we will still be good. duke fans should be happy, at least they can hang with UNC now.

#12 catfang

catfang

• HUDDLER
  • 6,191 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 03:10 PM

Please Bobcats, nooooooooooooooooooooo

#13 Hugor Hill

Hugor Hill

• HUDDLER
  • 2,120 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 03:11 PM

They were a broke wrist away from probably playing in the NC game. The biggest name left is Muhammad and Duke better fuging pray he commits there or they are in SERIOUS trouble next season.

You're rigt on the money about Marshall though. Dude could have went down as one of the top PGs ever for the heels and that's saying a lot.

This is college hoops though. Guys leave. Some schools handle it better than others.

Actually, Nerlens Noel re-classified and is now the top ranked prospect ahead of Bazz, and we were recruiting him. don't think we still are in the running for him but you never know. And Bazz is not going to play for any ACC team. He'll go where the money is.
Spoiler

#14 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,928 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 03:12 PM

Please Bobcats, nooooooooooooooooooooo

Fortunately the Bobcats are picking above where any UNC players will be taken, thanks to Barnes' performance down the stretch

#15 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 11,910 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 29 March 2012 - 03:13 PM

Oh well. I hate to see Marshall and Henson go. We will really miss Henson down low. I think Joel James will be an awesome player. I hope McAdoo stays for next season. We need him. Then hopefully, Alex Oriakhi does indeed transfer to the Heels. The Heels can use the former 5 stars McDonald's All American down low next year.

Don't care about Barnes leaving. He was the most annoying player to watch. Marshall was a great leader and one of my favorites. Hate to see him go, but I understand it. Will be another thin year at point unless Roy can somehow get a transfer student or get a surprise recruit to come in at the last minute. Marcus Paige will be good though.

Life goes on as a Heels fan. I will always wonder what could have been this year though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.