27 replies to this topic

#1 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 05:37 PM

Below is a video on this amendment that surely we've all heard of. It is only part 1, I am working on part 2 right now. I think it may include the commercial break, so just skip through that.

We're all amateurs, so don't judge. You'll notice a couple times I had the Ricky Bobby problem of not knowing what to do with my hands. Also, we weren't allowed to swear, so that killed me (I stumble a couple of times and there are times I have to pause to catch myself). All that being known, go easy on me. It's a 30 minute show, so there wasn't a whole lot of time to really say everything I wanted.

#2 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

• HUDDLER
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 05:59 PM

Part 2. I have a really good statement/rant to start...then it simmered out because I couldn't figure out a place to stop during it. <_<

#3 LongTriad

LongTriad

Missunderstood

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,707 posts
  • LocationStokeridge

Posted 29 March 2012 - 06:01 PM

I am not going to vote on this issue. I will offer this advice to anyone homosexual or not that is planning to marry. Don't even involve the government. I believe that marrage a the commitment between people and no government has a right to be involved. Just go find someone that you respect enough to pereside over you commitment or union and pronounce yourself a married couple. Then let the government attempt to claim their right to interfere with your rights. This will be much more difficule for them to do. They will say, we do not recognize your commitment. You can say, we do not give a poo what you recognize.

#4 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

• HUDDLER
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 06:02 PM

I am not going to vote on this issue.

Just turrible.

#5 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

• HUDDLER
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 07:30 PM

I am not going to vote on this issue. I will offer this advice to anyone homosexual or not that is planning to marry. Don't even involve the government. I believe that marrage a the commitment between people and no government has a right to be involved. Just go find someone that you respect enough to pereside over you commitment or union and pronounce yourself a married couple. Then let the government attempt to claim their right to interfere with your rights. This will be much more difficule for them to do. They will say, we do not recognize your commitment. You can say, we do not give a poo what you recognize.

While in theory, I see your point, I disagree. This won't work. People will be denied health benefits. This will effect adopted children as well. End-of-life arrangements/wills can be invalidated DUE to this legislation. It needs to be stopped BEFORE it gets voted on for these reasons.

#6 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• HUDDLER
  • 22,780 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 07:53 PM

I am glad to see that there is some spirited opposition to this inane idea our Tea Party friends and their supporters have decided to foist upon us in lieu of the things they actually said they were going to do. With a hostile environment towards gays as well as women, we are well on our way to making our state look like the interior of Coyote Joes once all the women have left.

#7 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

• HUDDLER
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 09:45 PM

I am glad to see that there is some spirited opposition to this inane idea our Tea Party friends and their supporters have decided to foist upon us in lieu of the things they actually said they were going to do. With a hostile environment towards gays as well as women, we are well on our way to making our state look like the interior of Coyote Joes once all the women have left.

Exactly. The problem with issues like this is the apathy on display by a lot of people who think it isn't that big of a deal. It's a huge deal. It's about human and civil rights. This is a BIG deal.

#8 CatofWar

CatofWar

Join, or Die

• HUDDLER
  • 3,329 posts
  • LocationGitmo

Posted 29 March 2012 - 10:39 PM

longtriad worded it well and i get what he's saying, i dig it, but either we are all created equal or we werent. but he's dead fuging on point about one thing. the government refuses to recognize your marriage, in turn you refuse to recognize the government.

#9 Catalyst

Catalyst

• HUDDLER
  • 4,107 posts
  • LocationMorehead City

Posted 30 March 2012 - 01:21 AM

Plan to vote against this (or for - whichever is against banning any kind of marriage. This is the most obvious form of conservative hypocrisy; small government, my ass.

#10 cantrell

cantrell

secular progressive bogeyman

• HUDDLER
  • 4,447 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 03:51 AM

lol where oh where is blackcatgrowl to explain to us that, by allowing gay marriage, we would be persecuting christians

c'mon bro this is right in your wheelhouse. those gays (people) are pushing their agenda (equality) and it is up to one middle-aged, straight, white male on the internet (you) to stop it

#11 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• HUDDLER
  • 10,479 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 06:28 AM

Here's a rule of thumb: Don't support any law/amendment based on religious dogma,

#12 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,054 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 30 March 2012 - 06:58 AM

We all know that the gay marriage issue is a powder keg with the religous organizations and beliefs. As such, opposition for it is deep rooted with many people and not likely to be easily changed. Based on these facts alone, would a better approach to eventually passing a Gay Marriage law be to take it in steps.

Instead of going all out for "Gay Marriage" (which incites the religious portions of the population).....first go for a legal civil union that provides acknowledgement and legal rights to healthcare/power of attorneys/etc. Once this passes and becomes more mainstream, then continue the push towards equal marriage.

I know that many believe that marriage rights shoudl be granted (and I tend to agree....it does not impact me by allowing gays to marry, so why the hell should I care). But, I also realize that powder keg topics such as this that are so emotional to certain groups may take a little more time and finesse to resolve.

Take it in steps and you get to where you are going....try and make it in one massive leap and the firght is MUCH more difficult.

#13 Inimicus

Inimicus

Life is better in a kayak

• HUDDLER
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 07:38 AM

Its just fuging stupid to oppose gay marriage and anyone who does is just pitching a fit because they never got to own people.

#14 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,054 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 30 March 2012 - 08:46 AM

Its just fuging stupid to oppose gay marriage and anyone who does is just pitching a fit because they never got to own people.

I agree that it is dumb....and I support gay marriage.

My comment was just a suggestion on how to get to the desired outcome. Steps may be easiser and better than one big leap.

#15 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• HUDDLER
  • 22,780 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:55 AM

Those gays, give em an inch and they'll put 4 in AMIRITE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.