Photo
- - - - -

Nc Amendment One

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
27 replies to this topic

#25 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 30 March 2012 - 11:38 AM

To add to that last long rant, I will say that it's a good thing to teach young kids that being gay is a natural occurrence, because it is. It occurs in thousands of species around the planet. We're no different. What teaching kids this will do is stop the bullying early. And since most parents won't do it (or because they're bigots, they'll teach their kids that being gay is bad and gays are therefore immoral), I see no issue in, if incorporated CORRECTLY in the curriculum (reading stories with gay couples and the like), teaching this stuff.

The only threat to Christians or others who hate the gay community is that their kids will grow up being tolerant. And we all know we can't have that! Divisiveness is a huge part of religion and America in general. Gotta make sure the kids carry on the tradition of hate and bigotry.

#26 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

HUDDLER

Posted 31 March 2012 - 03:43 PM

Still kinda pissed Sharkman bowed out.

#27 cotblock

cotblock

Don't Call Me Junior Member

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 31 March 2012 - 05:00 PM

Opposition to gay marriage is irrational, but that doesn't matter to those who oppose it because their opposition is based in fear. They can deny that all they want, but Sharkman's post was full of it. Fear is the enemy of love, unity, peace, and true spirituality.

#28 mav1234

mav1234

HUDDLER

Posted 31 March 2012 - 05:56 PM

I realize I am in the minority in this thread, and perhaps I'll get banned from the board. Hope not. First post in the Tinderbox, so what the heck!
I'll be voting FOR the amendment. It goes beyond just the rights of two people to get married, so please don't fool yourself in thinking that is all that will change if you vote against this. Just look at how things have played out in Massachusetts before making your decisions, especially if you have children. There are reasons more states are passing these amendments than not. Even our liberal friends in California voted for a similar type of amendment! Again, it's not just about the right to get married, and it's not just Christians for it.
I'll probably get called all kinds of names, and flamed...so I'm backing out of this thread at this point. You're all grownups, I assume. You can research the issues and dig deeper without me arguing further.

How have things played out in Massachusetts? I'm curious, really, what the hell you mean because I live there and I have no idea what you think is so bad here because of gay marriage. If you're talking about the occasional "outrage" over school stuff,

Go "do some research", eh? I guess living here isn't research. And yes, I've read the occasional rants of parents who are upset that public schools aren't portraying homosexuality as wrong. It's not, so why should they?