7 replies to this topic

#1 Dollar Store Dave

Dollar Store Dave

Formerly Know As Ruff

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,529 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 08:39 PM

So, I didn't really want to do this, but, after Pat Y (and other various things I've read) have suggested Carolina is definitely looking hard at Luke Kuechly, I thought I would re-do my Final Mock, closer to what I think will actually happen when the Draft comes around in less than a month.

Round 1, Pick #9 - Luke Kuechly, LB, Boston College

I haven't been on the Luke Kuechly train, but the more that I've read about the guy, the more that I've come to realize, the guy is absolute monster. He's young, smart, and fills a position of worry that we have. Would Beason have to move to the outside? Would Kuechly play on the outside? I'm not sure, but, the fact is, the guy will probably be the best player available when we draft (barring any sort of miracle where Morris Claiborne falls to us.)

Round 2, Pick #8 - Janoris Jenkins, North Alabama

At the next level, Janoris Jenkins could be a better player than Joe Haden is now, and that's impressive. Jenkins has already shown his skills against two of the better rookie receivers (Julio Jones and AJ Green) shutting them down in their respective match-ups. He's a great on-ball defender, can completely take a receiver out of the game, and opposite Chris Gamble, could become great. The only concern with Janoris Jenkins is his character. You have to worry if you're getting the next Revis or the next Pacman Jones. While he has all the talent in the world, that would mean nothing if he couldn't keep out of trouble. But, I'm hard pressed to believe that a guy like Rivera, one of the most physically intimidating coaches I've ever seen, couldn't keep Jenkins in check. Between Rivera, Beason, Thomas Davis, and Steve Smith, I can't believe he would be out of hand, which would make him an incredible pick up.

Round 4, Pick #8 - Joe Adams, WR/KR/PR, Arkansas

Joe Adams provides an instant upgrade to Punt Returner and Kick Returner, replacing Armanti almost immediately. Joe also gives us a flexible option in the slot receiver spot by being a similar sized guy as Armanti, but while playing his natural position. Joe also took hand-offs out of the backfield, giving another wrinkle to the offense for Cam, Chud, and the rest of the offense.

Round 5, Pick #9 - Derek Wolfe, DT, Cincinnati

With all of the DTs going in the first few rounds, I could definitely see Wolfe (who is projected as a late 4th rounder) falling to us at the top of the 5th round. Derek is definitely a UT, which could play well alongside of Edwards and Shirley. Wolfe can be a pass rushing menace, proving so by winning Big East Player of the Year. Definitely a worthy pick-up.

Round 6, Pick #8 - Donte Paige-Moss, DE, UNC

Just two seasons ago, Piage-Moss was considered as good as Quinton Coples. But, Paige-Moss is a guy who believes overly in himself more than he does anything else, which leads to some serious character concerns. That, coupled with the fact that Paige-Moss is injured, allows him to fall all the way down to us in the sixth round. If Paige-Moss is motivated, he could take Hardy's job and play at an extremely high level. If he thinks he's going to run the show, here will be very different results.

Round 6, Pick #38 - Bryan Anger, P, Cal

The consensus best Punter in the draft. Anger could come in and instantly upgrade the Punter position. I understand that Justin Medlock could punt, but I think by the end of Training Camp, Medlock will have taken Mare's spot and Anger will be the starting Punter.

Round 7, Pick #9 - Ronald Leary, OG, Memphis
I admittedly have never seen Ronald Leary play, but Rivera thought highly enough of him to bring him in for interviews. I do know that Leary is a big guy (6'3/315lbs) and he was voted co-team MVP (with Dontari Poe) by teammates. Scouts have him going anywhere from the 7th-UDFA list, but, I think that we can definitely take a flier on him in the 7th round.

#2 TerriblePizza

TerriblePizza

Bringin dat Gamecock swag

• HUDDLER
  • 2,221 posts
  • LocationCamden, SC

Posted 31 March 2012 - 08:46 PM

I love every pick but Kuechly. I'd take Ingram or trade back for a olineman

#3 chubs2496

chubs2496

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 09:17 PM

Absolute beast of a mock. Wish this would really happen on draft weekend.

#4 Ken

Ken

Triple Threat

• HUDDLER
  • 3,670 posts
  • Locationnyc

Posted 31 March 2012 - 09:36 PM

WOW that's almost perfect. I agree with everything.
Been watching a lot of mocks and draft buzz and it looks like Joe Adams will go in the 3rd. Him in the 4th would be an absolute steal. If he's not there we will probably take another PR/KR like Graham or Wylie the kid they went to see from Fresno.

#5 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 31 March 2012 - 09:41 PM

Not great but woudn't throw my tv if it happen.

#6 Dash Global

Dash Global

• HUDDLER
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 12:18 AM

I love every pick but Kuechly. I'd take Ingram or trade back for a olineman

Ingram is a OLB in a 3-4 defense.....

#7 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • 9,878 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 01 April 2012 - 12:24 AM

I'd nut myself if this happened.

#8 TerriblePizza

TerriblePizza

Bringin dat Gamecock swag

• HUDDLER
  • 2,221 posts
  • LocationCamden, SC

Posted 01 April 2012 - 03:54 PM

Ingram played d-line and linebacker at SC and is versatile enough to play all over in our D

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: NFL Mock Draft 2012, Ruffs Mock, Luke Kuechly, NFL Draft

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com