• Please log in to reply
150 replies to this topic

#16 Dash Global

Dash Global

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:13 PM

Based on what? You have a hotline to Rivera and Hurney?

maybe our huge need for DL help and our uncertainty at LB.

not to mention they would be the BPA at around 9?

or maybe the coaches talking about the need for a better pass rush.

im sure i could come up with more.

#17 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 12,567 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:19 PM

I wish we could stop the draft specualtion, but I know that's not going to happen

#18 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,965 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:21 PM

maybe our huge need for DL help and our uncertainty at LB.

not to mention they would be the BPA at around 9?

or maybe the coaches talking about the need for a better pass rush.

im sure i could come up with more.

i could replace any of those positions an insert CB

#19 Dash Global

Dash Global

• HUDDLER
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:21 PM

I wish we could stop the draft specualtion, but I know that's not going to happen

aint gonna happen buddy! i know me for one, am consumed by the draft and potential prospects!

come on draft day!

#20 Dash Global

Dash Global

• HUDDLER
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:24 PM

i could replace any of those positions an insert CB

Our FO isnt gonna be reaching with the 9th pick on a CB. Unless Claiborne falls which is unlikely.

Now we could trade back and pick up Jenkins or Gilmore.

#21 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,965 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:26 PM

Our FO isnt gonna be reaching with the 9th pick on a CB. Unless Claiborne falls which is unlikely.

Now we could trade back and pick up Jenkins or Gilmore.

In regards to the 1st round with the rookie cap you can flush the word "reach" down the toilet

#22 Dash Global

Dash Global

• HUDDLER
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:28 PM

In regards to the 1st round with the rookie cap you can flush the word "reach" down the toilet

You must have some sick inside knowledge.

Havent seen any mock with us or anyone taking a CB not named Claiborne in the top 10.....

kudos

#23 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,965 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:31 PM

You must have some sick inside knowledge.

Havent seen any mock with us or anyone taking a CB not named Claiborne in the top 10.....

kudos

Just above average intelligence which I parlay into draft knowledge bombs. But it's no sicker than your opening line stating "that it's come down to Coples or Kuechly"

Really? Ok there Joe Person

It's a different world drafting now. Reach doesn't exist if we are talking about Floyd, Cox, Brokers, Jenkns, or Kirkpatrick.

#24 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• ALL-PRO
  • 15,498 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:33 PM

Hardy is a beast when rushing the passer.. if you think DE is our biggest need, I laugh in your face..

#25 ClarkCam

ClarkCam

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:33 PM

I'm thinking Coples, Cox, or Floyd... I don't think Keuchly is going here. We have so much potential resurgence for LB, and really no hope for our Dline as is. It makes more sense to take a risk on LB, than leave a glaring need with little to no potential of resurgence on our Dline.

#26 Dash Global

Dash Global

• HUDDLER
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:35 PM

Just above average intelligence which I parlay into draft knowledge bombs. But it's no sicker than your opening line stating "that it's come down to Coples or Kuechly"

Really? Ok there Joe Person

The reason people didn't reach before two years ago was the salary st

I guess no one else possess that "intelligence" as I havent seen one mock with a CB not named Claiborne in the top 10 picks.

Kudos, you sir are smarter than I.

#27 Dash Global

Dash Global

• HUDDLER
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:37 PM

Hardy is a beast when rushing the passer.. if you think DE is our biggest need, I laugh in your face..

CB is our biggest need at present. If Davis and Beason are not back to form than LB would be our biggest need imo.

I wouldnt say Hardy is a beast though.

Coples would simply be BPA at around 9, not to mention he is DL.

#28 Frizzy350

Frizzy350

• HUDDLER
  • 2,293 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:38 PM

I see no way we are drafting a DT with the 9th with this years group. There is no Suh,

We will get more immediate value and contributions from an elite DE or LB. Not to mention we need to let our young DT's develop.

btw Coples can play DT on passing downs

what on earth makes u think coples will be anywhere near elite? He's pretty athletic, but not quite as athletic as JPP/peppers/super mario, so relying purely on his athleticism will not be quite that effective. He's not even much bigger than Hardy, who we at least know puts in effort and could still break out (especially with good DT/LB play).

You don't think that taking him is a huge risk considering he was LESS productive out in space as a DE than in the thick of things as a DT? How does that make him any sort of elite pass rusher? He's too small to play inside in the NFL. Not only that but look at the teams he got his production against: out of his 7.5 sacks, he got 2 vs Duke and 2 vs James Madison. Guy is only slated to come here because of the mild peppers resemblance. Would have rather had Quinn last year.

#29 Sloth

Sloth

idk

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,715 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:41 PM

Our choice is between Coples and Kuechly?

Could we maybe add "ritual suicide" and "goat poo" in there to round things out and give us more appealing options?

#30 Dash Global

Dash Global

• HUDDLER
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:41 PM

what on earth makes u think coples will be anywhere near elite? He's pretty athletic, but not quite as athletic as JPP/peppers/super mario, so relying purely on his athleticism will not be quite that effective. He's not even much bigger than Hardy, who we at least know puts in effort and could still break out (especially with good DT/LB play).

You don't think that taking him is a huge risk considering he was LESS productive out in space as a DE than in the thick of things as a DT? How does that make him any sort of elite pass rusher? He's too small to play inside in the NFL. Not only that but look at the teams he got his production against: out of his 7.5 sacks, he got 2 vs Duke and 2 vs James Madison. Guy is only slated to come here because of the mild peppers resemblance. Would have rather had Quinn last year.

There is risk.

I think he has the potential to be elite. And is a clear upgrade over Hardy.

Coples biggest problem is effort imo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com