• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#46 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,619 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 12:54 PM

Dude it's obvious you don't follow NCAA basketball closely. You're just a jealous Dookie/ABCer who is here to troll.

I follow college basketball very closely and I obviously know more about your team then even you do. Add something to the discussion or get the hell out.

#47 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,619 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 12:55 PM

we have good players and a great coach.

I'm not calling for a NC this season, but we will be a helluva lot better than Duke will be, and that's a championship by itself.

/thread

Wow thanks for sharing.

#48 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,480 posts
  • Location704

Posted 06 April 2012 - 12:57 PM

Add something to the discussion or get the hell out.

Wow thanks for sharing.

LOL!!!!

#49 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,619 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 01:02 PM

we have good players and a great coach.

I'm not calling for a NC this season, but we will be a helluva lot better than Duke will be, and that's a championship by itself.

/thread

Why do you think this?

#50 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,480 posts
  • Location704

Posted 06 April 2012 - 01:05 PM

bwhahahahaha why do you NOT think this?

go look at your recruiting class and roster and get back to me troll

#51 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,619 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 01:26 PM

bwhahahahaha why do you NOT think this?

go look at your recruiting class and roster and get back to me troll

Because I understand basketball and we are only losing Rivers and MP1. We have the #1 SG who also won the MAA 3 point shootout, Rasheed Sulimon, coming in to replace Rivers plus we have redshirts MP3 and Alex Murphy contributing this year. Plus we have senior leadership in Curry, Kelly, and Dawkins and 5 burger boys too. Duke returns 56ppg where unc returns 27ppg and Duke lost 1 starter to unc's 4.

Now back to my question why do you think unc will be better then Duke?

#52 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,619 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 01:35 PM

LOL!!!!

So I make fun of you and you LOL. You just don't get it do you?

#53 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,619 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 01:38 PM

Because I understand basketball and we are only losing Rivers and MP1. We have the #1 SG who also won the MAA 3 point shootout, Rasheed Sulimon, coming in to replace Rivers plus we have redshirts MP3 and Alex Murphy contributing this year. Plus we have senior leadership in Curry, Kelly, and Dawkins and 5 burger boys too. Duke returns 56ppg where unc returns 27ppg and Duke lost 1 starter to unc's 4.

#54 Carolina Fan

Carolina Fan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 01:55 PM

This is a huge pick up for us, with our up-tempo offense we definatly need the depth in the front court, Lookin good for next year, though state is lookin real good.

#55 NanceUSMC

NanceUSMC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 02:08 PM

I can't say that I think UNC will be better than Duke, but I'll take a stab at why I feel comfortable with our incoming lineup...

I am confident in JMM coming in and being a solid replacement on the post for Henson... Defensive downgrade, offensive upgrade...

I'm ok with whomever starts between Strickland or Bullock, and I like the depth at the position with the other coming off the bench, and McDonald... Probably looking at more than a few 3-guard sets that I'm intrigued by... Also curious to see how much progression there is in the games of Hairston (although he's more SF and not SG) and McDonald...

ASSUMING Oriakhi (or however you spell it) xfers in, I like him as the defensive answer to losing Henson... He isn't the same defender, but he's a solid starting caliber player, and I believe he'd step in nicely... Again, assuming he's a Heel next season...

I like Joel James, too... Wide body, and likes to get physical... We've been needing someone like this for years...

Tokoto has fantastic upside, but has continued to fall in the HS rankings... Having not seen him play a great deal, I'm guessing he is inconsistent... Hopefully we will have enough depth ahead of him that he can ease into the rotation without high expectations...

I'm not familiar enough with Bryce's game to comment on him...

I'm most excited (and frightened) about Paige... He's an excellent talent... But as with all freshmen PG's, there's an area of uncertainty... I believe that our season hinges more on Paige than on any other player at this point...

Depth overall (especially in the post) could be a weakness... This concerns me... Will depend much on how much growth there is over the summer for the bench players... Can Hubert give us 5-8 quality minutes a game off the bench?

Provided everyone plays up to their EXPECTATIONS, I think this team is a 23-25 win team, probably around a Sweet 16 showing, 3-4 Seed... I think it is a tight race for the ACC, and any number of variables (performance, injuries, etc) for several teams will decide it...

My one caution would be for State fans who are already crowning them the ACC champs... It's a long off-season, and a long season... I wouldn't chest thump too early, particularly given how long it's been since your last title... If it happens, it happens... Enjoy it... But I see people here standing in line to try on the championship ring, and Karma's a bitch... State was 24-13, had a nice run at the end, and has a nice class coming in... You're one CJ Leslie declaration and an injury from being a 'what if' story... Careful celebrating too early, cause Karma does love a good heartbreak...

#56 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,958 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 02:20 PM

My one caution would be for State fans who are already crowning them the ACC champs... It's a long off-season, and a long season... I wouldn't chest thump too early, particularly given how long it's been since your last title... If it happens, it happens... Enjoy it... But I see people here standing in line to try on the championship ring, and Karma's a bitch... State was 24-13, had a nice run at the end, and has a nice class coming in... You're one CJ Leslie declaration and an injury from being a 'what if' story... Careful celebrating too early, cause Karma does love a good heartbreak...

Howell, Wood, and Brown return then fill in a top recruiting class. Leslie leaves there's another fwd ranked higher than Paige ready to commit. (Please stay leslie) UNC is one MacAdoo injury away from returning to a Matt Doherty level team.

Yeah ...crown me .

#57 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,958 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 02:23 PM

:)

#58 Boner Champ

Boner Champ

Future Training Camp MVP

• HUDDLER
  • 5,373 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 02:25 PM

25 wins most def! I expect the ACC crown to come down to State and UNC. Virgina, FSU, Cuse will all be good as well. Maryland could surprise some people if Stoglin returns.

BCD is the same guy who disappeared for weeks after UNC put the smackdown on dook in their house senior night. He is a fairweather huddle fan.

#59 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,619 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 02:30 PM

I can't say that I think UNC will be better than Duke, but I'll take a stab at why I feel comfortable with our incoming lineup...

I am confident in JMM coming in and being a solid replacement on the post for Henson... Defensive downgrade, offensive upgrade...

I'm ok with whomever starts between Strickland or Bullock, and I like the depth at the position with the other coming off the bench, and McDonald... Probably looking at more than a few 3-guard sets that I'm intrigued by... Also curious to see how much progression there is in the games of Hairston (although he's more SF and not SG) and McDonald...

ASSUMING Oriakhi (or however you spell it) xfers in, I like him as the defensive answer to losing Henson... He isn't the same defender, but he's a solid starting caliber player, and I believe he'd step in nicely... Again, assuming he's a Heel next season...

I like Joel James, too... Wide body, and likes to get physical... We've been needing someone like this for years...

Tokoto has fantastic upside, but has continued to fall in the HS rankings... Having not seen him play a great deal, I'm guessing he is inconsistent... Hopefully we will have enough depth ahead of him that he can ease into the rotation without high expectations...

I'm not familiar enough with Bryce's game to comment on him...

I'm most excited (and frightened) about Paige... He's an excellent talent... But as with all freshmen PG's, there's an area of uncertainty... I believe that our season hinges more on Paige than on any other player at this point...

Depth overall (especially in the post) could be a weakness... This concerns me... Will depend much on how much growth there is over the summer for the bench players... Can Hubert give us 5-8 quality minutes a game off the bench?

Provided everyone plays up to their EXPECTATIONS, I think this team is a 23-25 win team, probably around a Sweet 16 showing, 3-4 Seed... I think it is a tight race for the ACC, and any number of variables (performance, injuries, etc) for several teams will decide it...

Nicely done. I agree with you that JMM is a solid replacement for Henson, better offensively but worse defensively. I just don't think your boys have an answer for losing Zeller and Barnes. Bullock nor Hairston have showed they can be anywhere close to Barnes and you can't count on Oriakhi because he could easily be at Duke, Uk, Missouri, or Washington. I know Calapari met with him last night so there is no telling what he promised him. I think Bullock, Hairston, and Mcdonald are all pretty much the same kind of player, tall jumpshooters that have never proven they can get to the rim.

Tokoto was ranked in the top 10 in recruiting 2 years ago and was highly reguarded but his game has fallen off tremendously. He has almost fallen out of the top 100.

#60 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,619 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 02:34 PM

BCD is the same guy who disappeared for weeks after UNC put the smackdown on dook in their house senior night. He is a fairweather huddle fan.

I disappeared for weeks? I was at the ACC tourney come on bro.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com