66 replies to this topic

#61 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 10 April 2012 - 09:02 AM

I dont see any of the dlineman in this draft jumping out at me as a top ten pick.This is a draft where scouting and interviews will prevail.

#62 calipanther

calipanther

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 10:31 AM

Since you have an opinion of Peppers that clearly defies common sense to such a degree that even you have toned it down since I called you out I don't think my time is warranted here. But since it has been requested I will lend that this has nothing to do with your view on the comparison. In fact comparison has nothing to do with nothing insofar as drafts go. Making comparisons is solely for conversation and the TV pundits. A comparison is something used to dumb a description down so that the public and most of the industry parrots can digest it.

That you said Peppers was "a speed guy who had some power" just struck me as probably the single most asinine assessment of the man ever. Congrats on that.

Ignoring my better judgement and certainly neglecting the fact that you have now called me a clown and asinine. I am interested in why you think comparison such as the one between Coples and Peppers have nothing to do with draft itself. I would think most everyone involved makes some kind of comparison. Especially between two players that play the same position and went to the same school. Since my original point wasnt about peppers but moreso about Coples I'll continue by saying I feel Mario is closer. Although I don't think he is refined as Mario is. I appreciate the fact that neither Mario or peppers can move inside and Coples has shown he can with good results. All that being said if fletcher cox is there I'd hope we take him.

#63 carolinarolls

carolinarolls

Mel's brother Del

• HUDDLER
  • 5,410 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 11:53 AM

Ignoring my better judgement and certainly neglecting the fact that you have now called me a clown and asinine. I am interested in why you think comparison such as the one between Coples and Peppers have nothing to do with draft itself. I would think most everyone involved makes some kind of comparison. Especially between two players that play the same position and went to the same school. Since my original point wasnt about peppers but moreso about Coples I'll continue by saying I feel Mario is closer. Although I don't think he is refined as Mario is. I appreciate the fact that neither Mario or peppers can move inside and Coples has shown he can with good results. All that being said if fletcher cox is there I'd hope we take him.

cool story bro

#64 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • 4,629 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 10 April 2012 - 12:00 PM

Panthro said it will be so it will be

#65 calipanther

calipanther

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 03:33 PM

cool story bro

Thanks Olaf.

#66 CardiacCats

CardiacCats

• HUDDLER
  • 3,384 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 06:52 PM

I'm officially on the Coples wagon :D... finally decided. I love the potential in this kid and I think we will bring out the best of him. He has good versatility and long arms... my dad even said on ESPN earlier there is no way we pass on Coples if he falls, I like the sounds of that.

#67 raleigh-panther

raleigh-panther

• HUDDLER
  • 2,380 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:32 PM

I'd like to say I trust Hurney and Rivera; but, we draft two fairly underwhelming DTs in the 3rd.

I guess it's a crap shoot.

If its Coples, it is Coples.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com