Photo
* * * * * 5 votes

Brockers Vs Cox

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
165 replies to this topic

#161 Jack Power

Jack Power

The Dark Knight

ROOKIE

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:40 PM

What you have to do is compare then at the same point in time. Compare Brocker's stats this year with Cox's last year. Brockers has less experience and is still growing into his body. He came in as a freshman at 250 lbs and was a defensive end. He gains almost 60 lbs and you don't think he has some adjustment to grow into his body and wouldn't get better with time.
He reminds me of a 12 year old who puts on 20 lbs and has to redevelop his athletic potential as he grows. Brockers put on 60 lbs over 2 years to play DT and you think he doesn't have to learn to adjust to that?? He should have stayed in school. He would have been the best DT by far next year.

Which means that we will have gotten the best DT by far next year and still have a frist round pick..... hello!

#162 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

SUPPORTER

Posted 25 April 2012 - 03:09 AM

I so want Brockers on our team.

#163 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

SUPPORTER

Posted 25 April 2012 - 03:14 AM

Sorry, I didn't mean to say that the combine was a showing of potential, I just was making the point that he had horrible speed, horrible vertical jump.... Just a poor showing of athletic ability at the combine...He also put on over 15 pounds during the offseason. I am not saying he won't be good, but there are some red flags.... He is also coming out of LSU, where Glenn Dorsey and Tyson Jackson initially flopped in the NFL. They did do better this past year though.

I read this and all I see is "he isn't a star-in-shorts and previous LSU picks weren't good so we he has red flags". All I can say is if you're judging prospects on combine performance and previous players from his school, that's simply ignorant. These two factors are probably the two LEAST indicative of how someone is going to turn out possible. Brockers is going to be good, bet on it. Not running fast and not benching much at the combine and Glenn Dorsey and Tyson Jackson will not stop him.

#164 ClarkCam

ClarkCam

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 25 April 2012 - 05:13 PM

I read this and all I see is "he isn't a star-in-shorts and previous LSU picks weren't good so we he has red flags". All I can say is if you're judging prospects on combine performance and previous players from his school, that's simply ignorant. These two factors are probably the two LEAST indicative of how someone is going to turn out possible. Brockers is going to be good, bet on it. Not running fast and not benching much at the combine and Glenn Dorsey and Tyson Jackson will not stop him.

I said I wasn't judging his complete ability by this... I was saying, those are definitely red flags... Dorsey was better in college, and he still has only proved to be mediocre, or slightly above. Brockers is a hoss, and if you had read my previous posts, I would have made it clear that I thought he had both potential and talent.

#165 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

SUPPORTER

Posted 25 April 2012 - 05:54 PM

Fair enough. I didn't go back and reread the rest of this thread after reading that to refresh my memory :) I just think so many people overvalue the combine it's not even funny.

#166 Jack Power

Jack Power

The Dark Knight

ROOKIE

Posted 26 April 2012 - 09:42 AM

Just herd an interesting comparison, Fletcher Cox could be the next Kevin Williams, Michael Brockers Could be the next John Henderson! We dont go wrong with either. But if we trade down with the Cowboys for a third round pick we can still pick up either of the two!