20 replies to this topic

#16 Sean Payton's Vicodin

Sean Payton's Vicodin

Banned

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,820 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:23 PM

He always said the only time people talk about rounds is in draft preparation and on draft day. Never during any player's career, Walsh would vent, does anyone say a player was picked in the right round.

kind of funny, because during Joe Montana's career, people were all like "HOW WAS HE A 3rd ROUNDER??".

#17 jasonluckydog

jasonluckydog

Never go full retard

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,427 posts
  • LocationGATOR CREEK- SC

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:20 PM

great read someone forward this to Riviera

#18 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • 9,495 posts
  • LocationS.L.R.C.

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:23 PM

too bad their skills are limited

I somewhat agree. Right now, they are nothing but Rotational guys. Fua maybe becoming the NT that we need to anchor a hybrid 34 defense that Rivera wants. McClain would be a 2 down tackle. I don't see them being dominant but I do see them being in the regular rotation of guys.

#19 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 13,590 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:32 PM

I somewhat agree. Right now, they are nothing but Rotational guys. Fua maybe becoming the NT that we need to anchor a hybrid 34 defense that Rivera wants. McClain would be a 2 down tackle. I don't see them being dominant but I do see them being in the regular rotation of guys.

and if that's the way they panned out it wouldn't be a bad thing either

#20 falconlynx

falconlynx

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 16 April 2012 - 10:12 PM

Don't think this applies to Coples, Davis wasn't fired for being a bad coach.

But it definitely applies to Everett Withers (so many people seem to think Butch coached Coples last season). As a Carolina fan who attended every game last year, both home and away, I cannot say Withers was a good coach. Ultimately, Withers was "fired" for bad coaching. That was a very talented roster of Butch's recruits and 7-5 was very underwhelming.

We all know Coples had an oustanding junior year. He produced quite well for Butch and I know he was one of Butch's favorites.

Coples is the first player coming out since Peppers to remind me of Peppers. Mario Williams is a great player and a physical specimen, but to me, he did not disrupt the overall game and scheme like Peppers and Coples. Over the last two years, teams playing UNC had to know where Coples was at all times.

-FL

#21 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 14,902 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 05:45 AM

But it definitely applies to Everett Withers (so many people seem to think Butch coached Coples last season). As a Carolina fan who attended every game last year, both home and away, I cannot say Withers was a good coach. Ultimately, Withers was "fired" for bad coaching. That was a very talented roster of Butch's recruits and 7-5 was very underwhelming.

We all know Coples had an oustanding junior year. He produced quite well for Butch and I know he was one of Butch's favorites.

Coples is the first player coming out since Peppers to remind me of Peppers. Mario Williams is a great player and a physical specimen, but to me, he did not disrupt the overall game and scheme like Peppers and Coples. Over the last two years, teams playing UNC had to know where Coples was at all times.

-FL

He reminds me of Peppers alright, he knows how to shut it down.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.