90 replies to this topic

#76 Wither

Wither

Relatively Unknown Poster

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,215 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 10:25 PM

I should have never responded. I learned some time ago that it is difficult to change someones opinion, especially on the internet. You will save yourself a lot of trouble if you keep that in mind.

"Personal" choices do not solely affect you. Every choice you make affects yourself, those around you, and society, even if it is in a very small and insignificant manner. However, the truth is that many of your personal choices and decisions affect those close to you in much larger ways. I am speaking in very general terms and not on the topic at hand.

#77 carolinarolls

carolinarolls

Mel's brother Del

• HUDDLER
  • 5,262 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 11:29 PM

I don't care if he did. I don't but it's not up to me to choose what other people do. The self-righteous tattle-tales of the world are getting really boring. Do what you want and live with whatever consequences come of it.

I don't care if he sparks a bowl on the sidelines during a game and passes it around behind a bottle of scotch while getting a tattoo and loading a handgun. And that goes for anyone. Especially JR.

#78 onehellUVAlife

onehellUVAlife

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 06:49 AM

Jstew told me to tell you guys happy 4/20!

#79 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 6,711 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 08:19 AM

If the man smokes but passes his drug tests and excels at his job, what right does anybody have to criticize/condemn him?

Yeah, what right does anyone have to criticize someone who uses illegal narcotics?

#80 DoubleTrouble34

DoubleTrouble34

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,748 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 09:21 AM

Half my football team smoke weed. It isn't only the oregon football team.

#81 jramsey4

jramsey4

"Blisters on me Fingers"

• HUDDLER
  • 3,479 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 11:14 AM

Well, we might think there's nothing wrong with it but the law doesn't.

And? If the law says you cant use caffine are we all going to stop drinking coffee? Just because a bunch of morons make something illegal doesn't make it wrong.

#82 panthersphan

panthersphan

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,478 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 20 April 2012 - 11:41 AM

I just had a mini heartattack. And then i noticed that you posted it so im okay now.

Are you THAT concerned about smoking weed?

You must be a joy to have "fun" with

#83 Icege

Icege

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,691 posts
  • LocationCharleston, SC

Posted 21 April 2012 - 02:10 AM

Yeah, what right does anyone have to criticize someone who uses illegal narcotics?

http://www.druglibra..._a_narcotic.htm

An excerpt to get you started:

The first thing you should understand about the word "narcotic" is that it is used incorrectly more than it is used correctly. One good, quick way to tell whether someone actually knows anything about this subject is to listen to their use of this word. If they tell you that marijuana, cocaine, and meth are "narcotics" then count them among the vast legions of totally clueless people on this subject.

I get your primary point about whether or not we should be concerned if one of the players is breaking the law, but isn't that really just blowing smoke? People break law on a regular basis. I just jaywalked. In fact, I'm going to go do it again in about 8 hours. It's a rush!

But seriously, if he's doing it behind closed doors and not harming anyone, while excelling at his craft and keeping out of trouble + harm's way, then why the heck should anybody care?

#84 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 6,711 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 07:47 AM

An excerpt to get you started:

[/color]

I get your primary point about whether or not we should be concerned if one of the players is breaking the law, but isn't that really just blowing smoke? People break law on a regular basis. I just jaywalked. In fact, I'm going to go do it again in about 8 hours. It's a rush!

But seriously, if he's doing it behind closed doors and not harming anyone, while excelling at his craft and keeping out of trouble + harm's way, then why the heck should anybody care?

At least Jaywalking serves a purpose--but you would quit if you were ever hit by a car. Could you distance yourself from it if a child who idolizes you were hit by a car trying to be like you? These players are role models, and if the NFL wants to market all ages, it needs to be considered. If you think it is cool for a player, then you have to say that with the understanding that children will try to immitate players. That is seeing the big picture.

A classic example of the reason it scares me as a fan--Ricky Williams. Sure, he played at a high level (no pun intended). To this day, he has had a rather long NFL career. How good would he have been without his passion for weed? I think he could have been one of the best backs the NFL has ever seen.

Just my thoughts. Oh, and I respect your expertise on the subject of drugs. I am sure it has served you well. I had no idea I was debating a point with a Jaywalking expert on narcotics. I would have refrained from opining.

#85 Icege

Icege

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,691 posts
  • LocationCharleston, SC

Posted 21 April 2012 - 09:47 AM

if you think being hit by a car would cure my jaywalking joystrolls, you are sorely mistaken.

These players are role models because parents make them out to be. Their job is to play football, not to act as some kind of measuring stick for morality. That's the parents' job. That's the big picture that i'm looking at: people taking care of their own responsibilities and minding their own problems without judging others.

For every one Ricky Williams there are 20+ other players in the same locker room doing the same thing but being responsible in their consumption. I have a difficult time looking strictly at worst case scenarios because I don't want the terrorists to win :P

My days of jayrunning have left me wise and in magnificent shape. Quake with fear!

#86 cultclassiccat

cultclassiccat

flash

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,481 posts
  • LocationG spot

Posted 21 April 2012 - 01:24 PM

I WATCH YOUTUBE CLIPS OF GAMES THAT "I" CONSIDER GAME TAPE OR GAME FILM. Yes my buttocks is hurting...if someone has other means of digging up footage on players please dont be so selfish and let us know. Im just a fan using the basic internet resources not a privaliged insider huddler who works for John Gruden and has a closet full of "tape". Im bored and the off season fugn sucks. If you call me out on something explain why or give some insight instead of being a snob/brat about something a HEAD COACH should be calling me out on....not an armchair qb. At the very least if your going to call me out, inform me why im wrong if not go *** yourself.

#87 chris999

chris999

• HUDDLER
  • 5,023 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 21 April 2012 - 01:30 PM

Even if he is a "role-model" I dont care if he smokes pot.

Would he be any less of a role model if he had a picture taken of him drinking a beer?

alcohol is more dabgerous than weed.

The drug laws are double standards. They teach our children that it is wrong to use any mind altering substance, but they throw that out the window by making alcohol legal.

#88 chris999

chris999

• HUDDLER
  • 5,023 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 21 April 2012 - 01:36 PM

Let this thread serve to illustrate how many people are eager and willing to make comments about something they know nothing about. Heck, some of you are even providing percentages and making statements about the drug use in a small town in the Pacific Northwest.

I bet some of these folks still believe that smoking weed is like dropping an egg in a frying pan.

The government made up a bunch of lies about marijuana so that they could make it illegal. The only reason it was ever made illegal in the first place, was so that they could use the laws to lock up mexican immigrants, and hopefully curb the amount of brown people from migrating to the US in the early 1900s.

It was blatent racism.

In recent times, studies are actually showing that marijuana is a natural remedy for a variety of all kinds of medical ailments. It's all good though, because they will finally legalize it in the next 5 years or so.

#89 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• HUDDLER
  • 15,117 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 05:05 PM

the FACT of the matter is marijuana is 1000X safer than alcohol.. I have met so many people who readily bash marijuana while they sip from their beer can and make an ass out of themselves..

I WATCH YOUTUBE CLIPS OF GAMES THAT "I" CONSIDER GAME TAPE OR GAME FILM. Yes my buttocks is hurting...if someone has other means of digging up footage on players please dont be so selfish and let us know. Im just a fan using the basic internet resources not a privaliged insider huddler who works for John Gruden and has a closet full of "tape". Im bored and the off season fugn sucks. If you call me out on something explain why or give some insight instead of being a snob/brat about something a HEAD COACH should be calling me out on....not an armchair qb. At the very least if your going to call me out, inform me why im wrong if not go *** yourself.

LOLZ... dude, do we really need to connect the dots on why highlight videos aren't considered "tape"? I love the passion and commitment to understanding the game while others assume 6th round draft picks should have fully developed in their first 2 years, but a highlight video is made up of only good plays by said player.. You can't analyze a player by only showing the good plays, hence why most people scoff at those who claim they have seen "tape" via highlight videos...

#90 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,485 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 21 April 2012 - 05:11 PM

What in the fug crawled up your ass? I keep seeing you making these inarticulate bitch fits about youtube and I'm completely lost on their meaning.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.