172 replies to this topic

#91 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,524 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 10:59 PM

I just started inferno tonight and it went something like this.....

#92 Wither

Wither

Relatively Unknown Poster

• HUDDLER
  • 9,215 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 07:31 PM

I have found that magic items with "increase chances of finding better magical item" or whatever it is are essential to gameplay. At least for me.

Also, I'm taking an insane amount of time and patience while playing through and just enjoying the small things. I have found it essential to use skills appropriately in order to maximize my characters ability.

#93 CarolinaSock

CarolinaSock

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 11:01 PM

Game is a lot of fun and very challenging but Blizzard should really keep some ability combos out of the game. Things like jailer and desecrator on the same mob can suck when there's nothing you can do and just die. Or those damn arcane turrets and an ability like waller or vortex. Playing melee is painful in hell and higher difficulty.

#94 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • 4,408 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 05 June 2012 - 08:41 AM

I have found that magic items with "increase chances of finding better magical item" or whatever it is are essential to gameplay. At least for me.

Also, I'm taking an insane amount of time and patience while playing through and just enjoying the small things. I have found it essential to use skills appropriately in order to maximize my characters ability.

It's hard to find those items that have MF and also the skills you need. I tried doing that but ended up having to get some upgrades from the AH to continue on.

#95 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 11,594 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 10:32 AM

It's hard to find those items that have MF and also the skills you need. I tried doing that but ended up having to get some upgrades from the AH to continue on.

Blizzard made it so you absolutely must use the AH to progress through Hell/Inferno unfortunately....

#96 Sapper

Sapper

Healthy Scratch

• HUDDLER
  • 2,516 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 05 June 2012 - 10:43 AM

I'm stuck on Nightmare Izual as a 52 Barb - I would upgrade through the AH but am blowing my gold on pots. Going to re-roll to a caster after I beat NM with my Barb.

#97 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • 4,408 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 05 June 2012 - 11:43 AM

I'm stuck on Nightmare Izual as a 52 Barb - I would upgrade through the AH but am blowing my gold on pots. Going to re-roll to a caster after I beat NM with my Barb.

Really? I have no issues on bosses on my barb.

But maybe it's my spec. I suppose I have sort of a tank build. I use a 1h/shield. 1h has decent dps/str/vitality and also % life steal. Shield has good block % and also +block %. Gear is str/vitality/resists. Resists are huge if you can get those on your gear. Gem for vitality if you need it, str when you feel OK.

I use cleave (exploding bodies) on trash/packs with rend (% of rend heals you). On bosses/single targets I change up cleave to Frenzy (the stormbolt is nifty, the rune that is). Otherwise, I use Revenge (with the rune that increases the change to 30%), war cry (increase armor to 40%) and keep it up, ignore pain (ignorance is bliss rune), and Earthquake (at work but I think I have rune that increases damage of it etc). Passive skills: Pound of Flesh/Nerves of Steel/Tough as Nails (I "believe" gotta check at home). I use the enchantress, and have her do the armor buff and the attack speed buff, forgot what the other stuff I have her doing is, but those are the 2 biggies. I just beat nightmare mode using this spec.

Anyway, on bosses just frenzy attack (cleave with exploding bodies rune for trash/packs), rend every 3 secs, keep war cry up, and use revenge when it comes up. Ignore pain is a nice "oh crap" thing to activate, reduces your dmg taken and converts some of it to life) and the cooldown isn't too bad. Earthquake early when you think the boss will be standing there for a bit, so you can use it again later. Keep rend up for sure. Don't stand in stuff, grab health globes etc. I can stand in a lot of junk but eventually you should move.

I have around 33k health at lvl 52. If you have to, you can kite mobs, rend and kite, rend and kite, etc. This build isn't a lot of burst damage, but I hardly drop 50% life and can stand there and go toe-to-toe with most things so far. Just beat Skelly King on Hell, just stood with him and took him down. Only complaint is sometime the treasure goblins get away before I can get them down.

#98 Sapper

Sapper

Healthy Scratch

• HUDDLER
  • 2,516 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 05 June 2012 - 12:27 PM

Really? I have no issues on bosses on my barb.

But maybe it's my spec. I suppose I have sort of a tank build. I use a 1h/shield. 1h has decent dps/str/vitality and also % life steal. Shield has good block % and also +block %. Gear is str/vitality/resists. Resists are huge if you can get those on your gear. Gem for vitality if you need it, str when you feel OK.

I use cleave (exploding bodies) on trash/packs with rend (% of rend heals you). On bosses/single targets I change up cleave to Frenzy (the stormbolt is nifty, the rune that is). Otherwise, I use Revenge (with the rune that increases the change to 30%), war cry (increase armor to 40%) and keep it up, ignore pain (ignorance is bliss rune), and Earthquake (at work but I think I have rune that increases damage of it etc). Passive skills: Pound of Flesh/Nerves of Steel/Tough as Nails (I "believe" gotta check at home). I use the enchantress, and have her do the armor buff and the attack speed buff, forgot what the other stuff I have her doing is, but those are the 2 biggies. I just beat nightmare mode using this spec.

Anyway, on bosses just frenzy attack (cleave with exploding bodies rune for trash/packs), rend every 3 secs, keep war cry up, and use revenge when it comes up. Ignore pain is a nice "oh crap" thing to activate, reduces your dmg taken and converts some of it to life) and the cooldown isn't too bad. Earthquake early when you think the boss will be standing there for a bit, so you can use it again later. Keep rend up for sure. Don't stand in stuff, grab health globes etc. I can stand in a lot of junk but eventually you should move.

I have around 33k health at lvl 52. If you have to, you can kite mobs, rend and kite, rend and kite, etc. This build isn't a lot of burst damage, but I hardly drop 50% life and can stand there and go toe-to-toe with most things so far. Just beat Skelly King on Hell, just stood with him and took him down. Only complaint is sometime the treasure goblins get away before I can get them down.

Well, my plight comes with an asterisk b/c I got hacked a few days ago and lost all of my gold and secondary tank gear. Right now I am severely undergeared for Izzy so I might have to go back and pile up on gems/gold for the AH =/

#99 Mattiekrome

Mattiekrome

The Feast... Is Mine

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 678 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 01:17 PM

I like the Barb earthquake, its my fav... 2000% I think? damage while its active. 120 second cool down though :/

About halfway through Act I in Nightmare with meh Barb. Build is basically stacking VIT and STR, no resistances as of yet. I hit anything cold and turn into a fuging statue for 5 seconds.

#100 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • 4,408 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 05 June 2012 - 01:24 PM

I don't think resists get HUGE till inferno anyway. Once we hit 60 war cry gets a rune to increase resists by 50%, huge.

#101 Wither

Wither

Relatively Unknown Poster

• HUDDLER
  • 9,215 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 09:03 PM

I probably have 40-50% MF at this point. Probably more. I can't check at the moment. I sacrifice a lot of good gear to keep up MF because in the long run it has given me even better gear.

#102 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 11,594 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 07:53 AM

I think I would rather just handpick gear from the AH then stack MF....just my .02 of course...

#103 Mattiekrome

Mattiekrome

The Feast... Is Mine

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 678 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 08:49 AM

I probably have 40-50% MF at this point. Probably more. I can't check at the moment. I sacrifice a lot of good gear to keep up MF because in the long run it has given me even better gear.

So you actually can tell a difference? I beleive I have zero MF, and still find blues pretty commonly... yellows are pretty hard to come by, usually only boss fights, and maybe a few times I've fought rares/champions. I did get a yellow from a dead body laying on the ground yesterday though. And I did get a couple of legendarys towards the end of Normal.

I'd love to be able to go out and come back with a pack full of yellows.

#104 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • 4,408 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 06 June 2012 - 09:36 AM

I changed my spec again for Hell, I think it's better.

Using frenzy with the stormbolt rune (I may switch to the 15% increased speed though eventually) and siesmic slam with str of earth rune (knocking them back is super helpful when you get trapped by those fire/poison on the ground types), still using ignore pain/war cray/revenge, but I dropped earthquake for the berzerker thing and the 100% damage increase rune. EQ is nice but it's stationary, and wrath also has a ton of defensive abilities, combine it with ignore pain and frenzy you're almost in God mode to be honest.

#105 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 11,594 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 09:43 AM

I'm in Hell with both my monk and wizard....monk I'm constantly having to watch my life, its always dipping pretty low but thanks to the transcendence ability I don't die too often. Wizard is pretty much eazy mode. Just throw down a Hydra, then sit back and shoot frost at mobs forever (have the rune that uses less mana), and every now and then use electricity when I run out of mana. If things get really hairy I pop Archon and destroy everything....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.